Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

I think it's even more annoying when it's Liverpool, who've been nowhere near the top 4 for years while we were very close last year. I've no doubt that many players would still see Liverpool as a step up, but it's certainly not the foregone conclusion that some papers make out it is.

I think it's even more annoying when it's Liverpool, who've been nowhere near the top 4 for years while we were very close last year. I've no doubt that many players would still see Liverpool as a step up, but it's certainly not the foregone conclusion that some papers make out it is.

There's no chance Ben Arfa would go to Liverpool. Simple as that.

Anyone else noticed when were playing crap and were all depressed about the club the cockney press leave us well alone but as soon as we start playing well and were happy again they bring out stories linking our best and favourite players with other clubs just to try and bring us down again. i pretty much ignore it now it's just the same old tactic they use to bring us down when there's a bit of optimism around the place.

:lol: You know nothing, face up to it. None of us do. I'd say it's very unlikely but I don't say "no chance" to much concerning NUFC these days.

:lol: You know nothing, face up to it. None of us do. I'd say it's very unlikely but I don't say "no chance" to much concerning NUFC these days.

It's my opinion you knacker :lol: I can't see him going there what so ever. Not now. We have an influx of French internationals and he loves it here. Not to mention the fee we would demand.

:thup:

Laugh at the way they make it seem like they are scouting him, tracking him eh ? surely when he raped Jose they noticed how great he was. Any manager would love to sign him, Rogers will be no different so I am sure from now until the summer the press will link Hatem with many other clubs too.

the Liverpool manager looks to capitalise on the uncertainty surrounding the midfielder's future at Newcastle United

:dowie:

Rodgers is a firm admirer of the France international, who has made no secret of his desire to play for Paris Saint-Germain

:facepalm:

The 25-year-old has a contract at Newcastle to the summer of 2015 and would command a sizeable fee. Newcastle's asking price could prove an obstacle

hundreds of billions :smug:

Nothing article.

Shock, media trying to link our best players away. They're fucking desperate for us to fail, the lot of them.

Aye, it's always the same. As soon as anyone starts to look good it's 'he could play for any of the top clubs...' etc. It'll happen with Sissoko soon enough, mark my words. Fucking tiresome.

Yeah no doubt about that. Really does get my back up tbh

It's my opinion you knacker :lol: I can't see him going there what so ever. Not now. We have an influx of French internationals and he loves it here. Not to mention the fee we would demand.

:lol: Not sure I know where to start with that. How can you have such a strong opinion on something that's essentially controlled by a couple of eccentrics?

Jan 2011: I can't see Carroll going there what so ever. Not now. We are on the up as a club, he's a local lad and he loves it here. Not to mention the fee we would demand.

I wonder if this is in response to the Chronicle saying we are still interested in Carroll which found its way in to several nationals - I guess this story has evolved in the same way.  Liverpool are supposedly reluctant to sell Carroll to us so maybe this is them suggesting that is the only way they would do a deal.

However, they are constantly saying they are skint despite spending a decent amount on each player they are bringing in (the media keep saying they have to sell to buy).  I think the only way this would happen would be if they sold Suarez as I don't think they would be able to afford him and even with Carroll in part-exchange, I would think the balance due would be well over £20m.

I don't know why we bother having debates sparked off by articles like that utter nonsense.

Go back to your happy place man, we're just talking.

Sorry, yeah.

Wonder if we'd considered exchanging Ben Arfa and Cabaye for Carroll and Jordan Henderson? I guess 5 or 6 million should swing the deal. Rodgers rates the fuck out of our guys, and since we're duty bound to let our players go to clubs the media like I reckon we would do the deal. Player swaps, common as fuck.

:lol: Not sure I know where to start with that. How can you have such a strong opinion on something that's essentially controlled by a couple of eccentrics?

Jan 2011: I can't see Carroll going there what so ever. Not now. We are on the up as a club, he's a local lad and he loves it here. Not to mention the fee we would demand.

Young, English, they just got £50m for Torres and went a bit insane. No such fees will be paid for probably a long time, unless they sell Suarez. You don't need to start anywhere. I really can't see him going there for many different reasons. That's just how I feel about it.

Young, English, they just got £50m for Torres and went a bit insane.

So hilarious how shit both those transfers ended up being. Liverpool managed to get paid 15million to sign Carrol and it still somehow backfired.

50m for Torres is just plain lol.

I don't know why we bother having debates sparked off by articles like that utter nonsense.

Sorry, yeah.

Wonder if we'd considered exchanging Ben Arfa and Cabaye for Carroll and Jordan Henderson? I guess 5 or 6 million should swing the deal. Rodgers rates the fuck out of our guys, and since we're duty bound to let our players go to clubs the media like I reckon we would do the deal. Player swaps, common as fuck.

It's not really the same, people mocked when there were reports of Colo leaving so I'm just saying there is occasionally something in these things and you can't write them off with any degree of certainty.

I wasn't even having a go at the club or being especially negative so I'm not sure why your alarm went off.

Sorry, yeah.

It's not really the same, people mocked when there were reports of Colo leaving so I'm just saying there is occasionally something in these things and you can't write them off with any degree of certainty.

I wasn't even having a go at the club or being especially negative so I'm not sure why your alarm went off.

I wasn't really bothered, just found it slightly weird that a random and 99% certainly unfounded press rumour leads a discussion as if it has any merit.

Anyway, doesn't really matter either way.