Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Is he even back in Newcastle yet? Haven't seen/heard anything. Should be back soon i guess.

Just spent an hour watching clips of him. Im drooling over the thought of him in this team.

:lol: I always watch at least 15 mins worth of clips before I go to play football. I'm such a fanboy, it's ridiculous.

Guest pedroandbarnes

Is he even back in Newcastle yet? Haven't seen/heard anything. Should be back soon i guess.

Just spent an hour watching clips of him. Im drooling over the thought of him in this team.

:lol: I always watch at least 15 mins worth of clips before I go to play football. I'm such a fanboy, it's ridiculous.

Moussa >>>>HBA  :coolsmiley:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm2wv1mFGr1qfc9t2.gif

Thank you for allowing me to use that for the first time ever. Suffered some serious GIF envy over it.

I fucking long for the day he is back in the team. God what a fucking amazing player he is. Ben Arfa, Cisse, Gouffran, Sissoko & Cabaye as the attacking 5, with Santon & Debuchy supporting is grade A wanking material.

Best player in the team.

With all the new qualities players we have, the other team will not be able to put three men on him. Do you see the goal he scores with two of three men on him ?

It will be even better now with just one defender for him.

http://i.imgur.com/xsvSg3V.png

With all the new qualities players we have, the other team will not be able to put three men on him. Do you see the goal he scores with two of three men on him ?

It will be even better now with just one defender for him.

One defender on him just means he will score every time he gets the ball. Will be interesting to see.

Both of Gouffran and HBA are actually very good with their backs against goal as well, having good balance and strength to shield the ball from the opposition when needed to hold the ball for a second or two if they don't have an option to pass to at first. While not being target players it's good to have this attribute to bring others in to play and keep possession. Normally most wide forwards aren't very good at this. Gouffran did it against Chelsea a couple of times, very effectively. They can run at the opposition by dribbling (esp. HBA) or being very direct, but at the same time very good going deeper to meet the ball, even under pressure. Quick on the turn as well.

Gouffran has played the central role lately but looks perfect out wide as well. HBA basically does what he wishes :lol:

Both of Gouffran and HBA are actually very good with their backs against goal as well, having good balance and strength to shield the ball from the opposition when needed to hold the ball for a second or two if they don't have an option to pass to at first. While not being target players it's good to have this attribute to bring others in to play and keep possession. Normally most wide forwards aren't very good at this. Gouffran did it against Chelsea a couple of times, very effectively. They can run at the opposition by dribbling (esp. HBA) or being very direct, but at the same time very good going deeper to meet the ball, even under pressure. Quick on the turn as well.

Gouffran has played the central role lately but looks perfect out wide as well. HBA basically does what he wishes :lol:

Gouffran is a good player with good qualities.

HBA, I believe, is best as a right forward or central just behind the striker but he can play anywhere in the forward line (he even begin his career as a striker).

Thing is seems Sissoko and Gouffran are happy to drift and occupy wide spaces. Previously Ben Arfa was allowed to drift somewhat but also stayed wide at other times, with all three feasibly they could all roam intelligently behind Cisse and cover the wide areas and interchange. The only worry is if they all tried drifting centrally, but imo they all seem clever players and it could be brilliant.

Opposition puts 4 up against HBA so that means they will only have maybe one against SISSOKO who comes running at full pace like a cargo train while Gouffran and Cabaye sit and play chess in the central circle with their feet up laughing and drinking wine :lol: :lol:

Thing is seems Sissoko and Gouffran are happy to drift and occupy wide spaces. Previously Ben Arfa was allowed to drift somewhat but also stayed wide at other times, with all three feasibly they could all roam intelligently behind Cisse and cover the wide areas and interchange. The only worry is if they all tried drifting centrally, but imo they all seem clever players and it could be brilliant.

Aye, but our Le Bomba Lads Santon and Debuchy will give plenty of width when needed while Colo stands in the middle of the pitch asking Cabaye what his next move is gonna be in the game of chess.

Aye, but our Le Bomba Lads Santon and Debuchy will give plenty of width when needed while Colo stands in the middle of the pitch asking Cabaye what his next move is gonna be in the game of chess.

:lol:

Our next move is:

:tiote:

Guest VanBarduck

Just watch Ben Arfa vs Liverpool from this year , there was no movement , no combination , just remember how poor we were by the time , Ben arfa was almost always in his own half , I wonder how exiting it is for him to have the prospect of Debuchy behind him and Sissoko no far from him.. demba ba , was also one of the reasons we played that bad , he scored many goals , but brought nothing to the game , the most used solutions was to hoof the ball to him and expect for a miracle .

Can't wait for him to be back, hopefully with not so much pressure to defend so he'll be further forward and with more freedom :clap2:

Also as people say, he SHOULD have much more space with Mo, Gouffran, Cabaye and Cisse all floating about.

Fuck I'm excited.  Forgot what it was like to look forward to our games.