Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

If Ben Arfa is fully fit, i would without a doubt start him as at the end of the day, you concentrate on how your players can hurt them rather than how they can hurt you, especially a fullback. However if he isn't fit enough yet it would be silly to ask him for such a difficult shift when Sissoko has put in some fine performances in that place and be better off sticking with him.

He should still start if he's fit, of course, but he's going to have to work as Baines will be up and down and knows that he's just as much of a threat and will panic wide midfielders. There are times when he simply has to do his job, I think he's better with that responsibility anyway as he doesn't produce enough for a truly free role.

Well, "Ando" is a mug. Having a slight go at Ben Arfa on Total Sport.

What's he said?

Was cheeky about what Ben Arfa brings to the team. Laughed off his contribution. Didn't think he should start.

I'm exhausted even thinking about it any more. It's utterly ridiculous that he doesn't play every second of every game. There's literally nothing else you can say about the situation.

The things this guy can do with the ball is pure genius. Sure he may lose the ball occasionally and or run into blind alleys, but fucking hell everytime he gets the ball he's trying to make things happen. No one else in our squad has the creativity he does.

Disgraceful that he's sat on the bench. I could tolerate the decision at the end of last year when we were winning games without him, but given how dire we've been since then, he should be one of the first names on the team sheet. Gouffran offers absolutely nothing at either end of the pitch and hasn't for months, if Ben Arfa played half as badly as he has lately he'd be absolutely slated.

I'm exhausted even thinking about it any more. It's utterly ridiculous that he doesn't play every second of every game. There's literally nothing else you can say about the situation.

It's...

:(