Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Well after his cameo against Palace was met with praise by Carver then Pardew was happy with his application against Everton maybe they both feel he's getting back to where he should be mentally and should start?

Or maybe Pardew hasn't got a clue and after losing 3-0 at home (again) has flip flopped (again) and decided playing 10 defensive grafters isn't such a good idea after all.

Well after his cameo against Palace was met with praise by Carver then Pardew was happy with his application against Everton maybe they both feel he's getting back to where he should be mentally and should start?

Or maybe Pardew hasn't got a clue and after losing 3-0 at home (again) has flip flopped (again) and decided playing 10 defensive grafters isn't such a good idea after all.

Whatever floats your boat...

He flips and flops, and he flops and flips. He's a flip-flopping fucking twat. This is just my view but it's also the reality.

He flips and flops, and he flops and flips. He's a flip-flopping f***ing t***. This is just my view but it's also the reality.

:thup: it wasn't a month ago Pardew was saying he doesn't have a future at the club, he's head and shoulders above most of our team and leaving him out and poisoning his name is damn criminal. If it's Hatem that is the problem how come he's such a game changer? If he has been disinterested at any time how the fuck can you blame him?? If my boss blamed me for everything, even when I had barely had a chance to put my mark on something AND I outperformed some of his favourite staff and still got overlooked I think if RIGHTLY be fucking pissed.

Can't believe I'm actually having to explain these things :idiot2: :anguish:

We have nothing to play for and still we're trying to 0-0 it and sneak a goal in every game after keeping it failing to keep it disciplined and solid. Rancid set of affairs.

The bloke hates joy.

We have nothing to play for and still we're trying to 0-0 it and sneak a goal in every game after keeping it failing to keep it disciplined and solid. Rancid set of affairs.

The bloke hates joy.

I don't know what you're on about, Pardew hates defensive football, it's all front foot attacking play. Do you not read his quotes? tisk

The bloke hates joy.

I don't know what you're on about, Pardew hates defensive football, it's all front foot attacking play. Do you not read his quotes? tisk

:lol: the worst thing is, people eat up these lies.

What's funny is that if Pardew is actually telling the truth about preferring attacking football, then the players clearly don't listen to his instructions and often go completely against them. So that's good. :lol:

The bloke hates joy.

:lol: the worst thing is, people eat up these lies.

"I'm getting a bit fed up of how we play, I don't think we attack enough and are too defens..... What's that? Pardew says he doesn't like defensive football and he likes to play front foot attacking football? Ahh that's ok then, I wasn't sure but now he's told me it must be true, gizza wave"

Heard a bit of gossip (might be bollocks might be not) from my Dad who sits in the posh seats near the media. He was told Ben Arfa stormed out the ground when he was told he was not playing against Villa and went directly to France.

Heard a bit of gossip (might be bollocks might be not) from my Dad who sits in the posh seats near the media. He was told Ben Arfa stormed out the ground when he was told he was not playing against Villa and went directly to France.

:lol:

The bloke hates joy.

Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?

I heard pretty much the same a couple of weeks ago - that he had stormed out when he found out that we was not playing against Villa and had gone AWOL and there had been no injury.

Guest Nixon

By far the most convoluted and mixed up situation pertaining to players at Newcastle is Hatem Ben Arfa.

Full disclosure: I like him. He's exciting, he's a risk taker, he is the latest of our French fancies to adorn the wing. However, he's also bloated, temperamental, and an incredibly poor team player. That's the consequence of having someone that was dubbed the pinnacle of the 1987 generation.

It's also why no team above us (in Europe) has sought to put an offer in. He's talented, but he's still a liability and while I love him I find myself thinking in years to come he'll lament his wasted potential. Someone of his ilk should be dominating situations and strike genuine fear into his opponent. Just look at the photos of the Bolton goal and compare to Monday night.

When I saw him on the sideline Monday -- ready to enter -- nothing. I didn't really feel the buzz or the excitement, it felt like watching the early scenes of the Wrestler with Mickey Rourke. We can lament the coaching staff all we want for not including him more often, but sometimes you risk muddying an entire squad by protecting one. He has to at least meet us half way and this season I just don't think he has.

There was a piece in the Journal that suggested he was to leave in the summer. I'm still torn if that's the best idea. The day he leaves St James' Park for the last time you can apply the first layer of nostalgia & admiration to his legend. In the meantime he's just looking like a bit of a lump. A gifted, talented lump, but still.

It's definitely not as simple as Pardew just hating him. HBA has some issues beyond that. I'm still genuinely mystified that he hasn't made a real success of his career here, he should really have made himself undroppable. I guess unless you speak to the guy himself you'll never know.

Probably my biggest disappointment of recent years though, that we never managed to get the most out of him. I just don't know who gets exactly what portion of the blame.

HATEM Ben Arfa’s forced his way to the forefront of Alan Pardew’s mind – and could start against Southampton.

Ben Arfa has came off the bench in the club’s last two Premier League games.

And the forward’s performances have put him in the frame for a start at the St Mary’s Stadium tomorrow.

Newcastle are in desperate need of a creative spark in the final third of the pitch in the absence of the injured Loic Remy, who could return against Manchester United on April 5.

United manager Pardew could turn to Ben Arfa, who enlivened his team after coming on against Everton and Crystal Palace.

“Hatem’s had an influence,” Pardew told the Gazette. “I’ve been pleased with his application, and the quality he’s brought on to the pitch.

“I’ll be thinking about him, but in terms of whether he’ll start or not, I haven’t made that decision.”

A win would move eighth-placed Newcastle, beaten 3-0 at home by Everton on Tuesday night, four points clear of Southampton, in ninth.

However, Pardew admits his side must do better in the final third of the pitch against his former club, having wasted a series of chances against Roberto Martinez’s side.

“Southampton is a big game for us,” added Pardew, who will be allowed in the stadium, but not the touchline, after serving the first part of his seven-game ban for headbutting Hull City’s David Meyler.

“They’re right below us, and we want to try to get a win.

“I want to make sure we deliver the best we can. We can only be the best we can be. What we showed against Everton the other night was a discipline to our game.

“In two thirds of the pitch we were good, but in the last third, we must improve. We must improve that against Southampton – the quality in that area.”

Meanwhile, United will be without Tim Krul for the next “two or three” games.

The goalkeeper suffered a knee injury against Everton, and Rob Elliot will deputise.

Defender Davide Santon will return to the squad after recovering from tonsillitis.

Pardew said: “Davide’s in the squad now. He’s fit and well. His tonsillitis has gone.

“But Sammy (Ameobi) has a knock and is still out.”

Twitter @milesstarforth

More Sharing ServicesShare | Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on google_plusone_share Share on linkedin Share on email Share on print

:lol: He's actually fucking insane. A crazy person manages the team.

Starting:

@NUFC: #NUFC v @SouthamptonFC (4-2-3-1): Elliot; Yanga-Mbiwa, Williamson, Coloccini ©, Haïdara; Anita, Tioté; Sissoko, Ben Arfa, Gouffran; Cissé.

It would be nice if Gouffran was given licence to play up front for a change instead of left back or in midfield.