Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Name me one flair player that he's managed well, which includes putting them in the team now and then.

Remy?

Hardly a flair player tbh.

Give over, course he is.

Well he's a player with flair who is a piece of p*ss to manage. He even looked handy in that God-awful QPR team last year, in his first half-season in the best league he's ever played in.

Well the question wasn't 'name me one flair player who is difficult to manage but Pardew has managed him well?'

You got an answer to your question then twist it around and say he's piss easy to manage so that don't count  :lol:

Jesus Christ.  Give you an inch, you take a mile.  I don't think Remy is a flair player at all, he's just not an absolute oaf a la Shola.  I said he had a bit of flair.

Remy and Sturridge are flair players as strikers. They pick the ball and you know instantly they'll be looking to beat a man with skill or pace and get their shots away. They excite you when they pick up the ball. Remy certainly has the flair within his game, he's more than just athletic like Sissoko like people are making him out to be.

He hasn't, but how many managers in the PL right now have done that?

Everyone is saying Sherwood is shit but he's getting the best from Adebayor? Does that make him a great man manager? Ridiculing a manager for struggling with Ben Arfa when he's been difficult throughout his career is harsh.

Remy and Sturridge are flair players as strikers. They pick the ball and you know instantly they'll be looking to beat a man with skill or pace and get their shots away. They excite you when they pick up the ball. Remy certainly has the flair within his game, he's more than just athletic like Sissoko like people are making him out to be.

Sturridge has at least four times the dribbling ability of Remy man. I' mot saying Remy isn't a technical player, I'm saying he's not a flair player.

Suppose everyone will it see it differently. When Ben Arfa/Remy pick up the ball in space, it puts you on the edge of your seat because you think they'll make something happen for the team, that for me is because of the flair in them.

Guest firetotheworks

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/david-ginola-got-game-alan-pardew/

Good question. Wor Daveed would have been a bench warmer imo. Robert may not have got in the squad.

Robert guaranteed goals and assists. Pardew would have to start him.

As did Tevez and as does HBA when he's played. There's no way Pardew would play Ginola or Robert. Neither Dalglish nor Souness did and they're of the same ilk as Pardew.

On a related note, Souness is a decent pundit and often makes the point about how he was wrong about Robben, who he'd written off as lazy. I don't get why he's never transferred that admission into his job when he's been a manager.

Ben Arfa's a very good footballer and should start every game but he's never had a strong track record of getting goals and assists. Laurent Robert he isn't.

If you'd said "Lauren Robert under Robson" I'd completely agree. As it is Ben Arfa could be that good under a similar manager. Lauren Robert under Souness is obviously a different matter, but you'd probably getting too far into hypothetical scenarios. It's easier if I just say that Ben Arfa would be that good under a better manager. Hardly news to anyone, of course.

I don't see that much difference between Remy and Sissoko when it comes to beating a man, they both use pace and athleticism as their major weapon, and they both don't have the natural invention of a Ginola or Ben Arfa. Sissoko comes under criticism from our knowledgeable fans, but he does drive forward and try to make things happen so it's not justified IMO. I'd far rather see a player like that on the pitch than the sideways backwards type like Duff.

Everyone is saying Sherwood is shit but he's getting the best from Adebayor? Does that make him a great man manager? Ridiculing a manager for struggling with Ben Arfa when he's been difficult throughout his career is harsh.

So Sherwood's managed it in less than 6 months, Pardew's never done it during his entire managerial career of 10 years plus.  Just saying it might tell you something about football philosophies.

That wasn't a criticism of Sissoko, I like him. I think Remy has a lot more skill in his locker than he's been given credit for on here. Seems to be like we think he's one dimensional but very good at it. He lights up the team when he plays and offers excitement and it's not simply because he can run fast and is strong.

Everyone is saying Sherwood is s*** but he's getting the best from Adebayor? Does that make him a great man manager? Ridiculing a manager for struggling with Ben Arfa when he's been difficult throughout his career is harsh.

So Sherwood's managed it in less than 6 months, Pardew's never done it during his entire managerial career of 10 years plus.  Just saying it might tell you something about football philosophies.

There's not many of these Ben Arfa types around though. Every manager will have had their struggles with this type of player in their managerial careers. Pardew has shown he can work with flair and play them, doesn't mean to say they have to have a horrible attitude to football to prove himself.

Name me one flair player that he's managed well, which includes putting them in the team now and then.

He seemed to manage Cabaye ok and he seemed to manage to bring HBA on gently to good effect in 2011/12.

That isn't my issue though. My issue is people looking back at SBR and KK's teams with rose tinted specs and forgetting that they too had good times and bad times with certain players who have been compared to HBA.

Robert quite often got dogs abuse from the stands and in the press and then won people over by scoring a worldy.

Robert got a lot of abuse from thick fans and TV pundits. But he got support from the man who counted, and that was Bobby Robson who didn't give a flying fuck what Trevor Brooking or some dope of a fan thought.

Robert was a cancer at the club if I remember rightly from posters like HTT. The idea that Remy doesn't have a considerable amount of flair to his game seems incomprehensible to me tbh.

He maybe Henry light, but for me he is in the same vein.

Everyone is saying Sherwood is s*** but he's getting the best from Adebayor? Does that make him a great man manager? Ridiculing a manager for struggling with Ben Arfa when he's been difficult throughout his career is harsh.

There's not many of these Ben Arfa types around though. Every manager will have had their struggles with this type of player in their managerial careers. Pardew has shown he can work with flair and play them, doesn't mean to say they have to have a horrible attitude to football to prove himself.

Horrible attitude to football?  What?  Actually wanting to play it properly, you mean?

It's like Taarabt, he really should be walking into a side like Fulham's with the talent he's got but found himself on the bench just as much as starting. It's not a fault of the manager, it's the player's attitude to football as well. Now he's at one of Europe's biggest clubs and trying to make a name there, same player sitting on the bench at Craven Cottage when they were bottom of the league only a few months ago.

As football fans you want to see those players playing as much as possible but managers don't see it as simple as that. Like Kagawa at Man Utd, Fergie and Moyes both struggling with him when every fan of football wants to see him starting weekly. Sometimes you need to question the player, even though it's infuriating you're missing out on seeing them play football.

As football fans you want to see those players playing as much as possible but managers don't see it as simple as that. Like Kagawa at Man Utd, Fergie and Moyes both struggling with him when every fan of football wants to see him starting weekly. Sometimes you need to question the player, even though it's infuriating you're missing out on seeing them play football.

Everton and Man U can point to their results when they leave out the like of Kagawa. What fun it is to watch us defend solidly and lose 3-0 at home.

Guest firetotheworks

Kagawa that was one of , if not the best player for one of the best teams in Europe you mean? :lol:

Man Utd can't point to results. They should be in the top 4 yet Moyes still never turned to one of the most creative players at his club. What could Jol and Meulensteen use for excuses not playing Taarbat in their sides when struggling? Now he finds a game for Milan? Can't just put the blame solely at the managers door.

Ben Arfa is my favourite player at the club by a distance and it's frustrating not seeing him play but also hurtful when Carver is hinting he's not even interested before a match and not paying attention. More issues here than simply play him and everything will resolve itself.

Man Utd can't point to results. They should be in the top 4 yet Moyes still never turned to one of the most creative players at his club. What could Jol and Meulensteen use for excuses not playing Taarbat in their sides when struggling? Now he finds a game for Milan? Can't just put the blame solely at the managers door.

Ben Arfa is my favourite player at the club by a distance and it's frustrating not seeing him play but also hurtful when Carver is hinting he's not even interested before a match and not paying attention. More issues here than simply play him and everything will resolve itself.

So why has Pardew miraculously flip-flopped again and started talking about Ben Arfa coming back into the side after the miserable 0-3 loss at home to Everton? Why doesn't the spineless cunt make his mind up?