Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest reefatoon

If we were going to go out in the summer and look for a more consistent version of Ben Arfa, I'd be all for it, but we know from the fact Pardew likes Gouffran & Sissoko what will happen. :(

The thumpings we have had this season we will go 4-5-1 with 5 defensive midfielders.

Yep. The cautious approach of late hasn't quite worked, so he will go in for an even more cautious approach to try and solve it.

If we were going to go out in the summer and look for a more consistent version of Ben Arfa, I'd be all for it, but we know from the fact Pardew likes Gouffran & Sissoko what will happen. :(

A more consistent version of HBA would cost £15m+ man.

More chance of me turning out for us next season.

I'll miss him, but I will genuinely be happy just to see him play a bit without being shackled by an idiot manager. I won't be honoured, I just like watching him play.

I think this is where I'm at to be honest. I'm resigned to the fact that we won't see his best in our kit, but I like watching him play.

Just watching Milan, Balo/Taraabt/Robinho all gave it away constantly.

Not sure if you've watched them much but you'll rarely find them on the pitch at same time. Robinho is a fantastic talent yet warms the bench more often than not yet is a player fans love to watch.

:lol:

What a load of shit, Robinho hasn't been playing well for over 2 years now. Of course he'll warm the bench. He's slows everything down nowadays and I don't think there's many fans that LOVE watching him anymore. He's not that technical and fast player anymore. He's much more conservative in his style.

Aye Robinho isn't very good anymore at all.

Just felt like Brett is trying to justify the benching of Ben Arfa... Robinho is absolute garbage and has been since 2010 basically, which equates to four years. If he gets called up for the World Cup it will be purely because everyone in that team admire the guy and he's an excellent person to have in the squad which is sometimes needed in a short tournament.

Aye Robinho isn't very good anymore at all.

Just felt like Brett is trying to justify the benching of Ben Arfa... Robinho is absolute garbage and has been since 2010 basically, which equates to four years. If he gets called up for the World Cup it will be purely because everyone in that team admire the guy and he's an excellent person to have in the squad which is sometimes needed in a short tournament.

He still produces moments of magic even now. Yes he's not got that pace he once had, but his skill is still a joy to watch. Came off the bench other week and produced some skill where i was reaching for the remote to rewind it back. You want to see the skill players playing. Like Kagawa at the weekend, was a pleasure just to watch him float around the pitch again finally and he produced it.

My point with players like Ben Arfa/Taarbat is that it's not always the mangers fault to why they find themselves in and out of the side when they clearly have so much more talent than the majority at the club. There are deeper issues than simply just play them and everything will be fine for the player and the team itself like fans try to make out.

just compare the leeway gouffran has been given compared to HBA and Marveaux

Yeah, Gouff gets let off massively. Just a manager taking the easy route from a player he knows he'll get near the 100 percent effort from. Similar to why Jonas was always picked, certain managers tend to love those kinds of characters in their side though above the risky players like Ben Arfa.

Martin Jol talked up Taarabat to be like Fulham’s version of Maradona yet he hardly found the time to put him in the side. Then the next manager couldn’t either, now he’s starting for Milan. Doesn’t make much sense. Sure if Ben Arfa left he’ll get his game elsewhere but I’d predict he’d run into these kind of troubles again and find himself looking on from the bench.

As far as I'm concerned Ben Arfa did his fair share of tracking back  against Southampton. He didn't get much chance to attack but that's because as a team we were dominated and barely strung a few passes together. Of all the players Ben Arfa was actually the calmest on the ball and helped us get it down and relax at times.

He was no worse than anyone else on the pitch, unfortunately he had MYM behind him who was just having a nightmare.

Gouffran for example was having a very poor game and I can only imagine the stick Ben Arfa would have got if he'd played that hospital ball across field that Gouffran did.

But no ofcourse Ben Arfa is hooked and probably never to be seen again in Newcastle colours.

Can only hope Pardew is gone before the end of the season but that's quite frankly just not going to happen.

Guest reefatoon

just compare the leeway gouffran has been given compared to HBA and Marveaux

Yeah, Gouff gets let off massively. Just a manager taking the easy route from a player he knows he'll get near the 100 percent effort from. Similar to why Jonas was always picked, certain managers tend to love those kinds of characters in their side though above the risky players like Ben Arfa.

Martin Jol talked up Taarabat to be like Fulham’s version of Maradona yet he hardly found the time to put him in the side. Then the next manager couldn’t either, now he’s starting for Milan. Doesn’t make much sense. Sure if Ben Arfa left he’ll get his game elsewhere but I’d predict he’d run into these kind of troubles again and find himself looking on from the bench.

Aye, shit ones.

Guest reefatoon

But he didn't show enough tackle, hoof, magic, science or middle class.  What is a manager to do under those circumstances?

I had no problems with Ben Arfa's work rate on Sat, i know it shouldn't have came as a surprise but it was when he was hauled off at half time. Was a disgrace. That pass Gouff did across his own box straight to their player would have seen Ben Arfa hung at half time, let alone subbed. Shaw did have him in his pocket but every Southampton player was carrying one of ours around.

Got roped into an argument with FB morons, never again  :anguish:

Andrew Ross He's fat, unfit, he couldn't give shit. Ben Arfaa, Ben Arfaa.

We have got any flair players other than him though. Let him play and we might pick up a few more points this season. Right now I can't see where they're coming from. When he doesn't make it to the World Cup it'll be his own fault. We'll get rid and I can see his career doing a Robert. Such a shame that anyone would want to waste that amount of talent. He could have been a world beater and he was at the club to showcase himself and move on to the big time. Silly boy.

18 mins · Like · 2

Me: So Pardew opts to leave him out of the team for "grafters" and its somehow HBA's fault that hes not playing and wasting his career? makes perfect sense that.

16 mins · Like

Graham Targett Completely agree andrew ross will be a shame but unless his attitude picks up he will drift into the shadows of the history books

16 mins · Like · 1

Andrew Ross Gotta take your chances. He hasn't done that or shown enough/any fight or interest when they've come along. I still usually like having him on the pitch, there's the hope of a bit of magic but he doesn't want to be the best player he can be, he's happy to try to coast through his career and it shows.

12 mins · Like

Me: What attitude though? this is what I dont understand, where is the proof anywhere that he has a poor attitude... as far as I can see hes been left out of the team so Pardew can implement a negative gameplan and team set up in order to "defend" which has seen us concede 25 goals since the turn of the year and HBA is the one who is being criticised? Its beggars belief.

12 mins · Like

Martin Dilleigh I think you've misunderstood what people are saying here. HBA has spent most of his time watching the ball when he didn't have it. Working when you don't have the ball isn't being a "grafter", it's playing in a team. So yes, if he doesn't do the work and can't play as a result it is his fault. Some of his best performances have been when he has put in that work. He gets more of the ball, is able to do what he is nest at and create. Anyone who suggests he doesn't need to do anything when he doesn't have the ball does not know what they are talking about.

11 mins · Like · 3

LeeHam McGinn You don't see how he applies himself in training or how he is in the team I think it's more to do with that

10 mins · Like

Andrew Ross I'm not talking about the rest of the squad though. I was just talking about him. There's plenty of others who should be ashamed of themselves as well! We just need this season to end. Hopefully still in 9th, regroup and hope for the best over the summer. Though I'm feeling more anxious than optimistic about how that'll all play out!

10 mins · Like

Me: At the end of the day a good manager finds the correct system to implement his best players, HBA will NEVER be a player who runs around performing crunching tackles and busting a huge gut to get back, is that a shame? yes, is absolutely necessary from an attacking midfielder/winger, not in the slightest, better managers always find ways of accomodating their flair players which doesn't include dropping them from the team and sucking every single bit of creativity out of the team. The saving grace for Pardew would be that if this defensive and negative approach was working and we were scoring goals you could say fair enough to an extent, but look at our results since january 1st, are you all really happy with our negative approach and leaving our flair players out for a bit of extra graft? Don't buy the Pardew B.S. If I was HBA I would get myself out of this disgrace of a club and find a team with a manager who understands attacking football, I guarantee he would flourish in a team with even a slight clue of attacking football.

Guest firetotheworks

As Danny Blanchflower said about Hoddle: "Glenn Hoddle a luxury player? No, it’s the bad players who are a luxury."

That is a very simple, true and yet excellent quote. I like that a lot.

Its the mentality of those groups that p*ss me off so much, its basically full of charvs who back Pardew because hes good ol' pards loves to get stuck in and headbutt players and call other managers c***s.

They mistake this moronic behaviour for "passion" or worse think thats what passion is all about.

Guest firetotheworks

You can guarantee that the one's that play football that go on about graft are the ones that don't have any skill whatsoever and would be complaining about the likes of Nicky Butt, Alan Smith etc being shit.

They'd have sided with Dalglish and Souness over Ginola, Robert, Bellamy etc and then complained and wondered why we weren't title challengers anymore.

They're utter morons and should be stabbed repeatedly in the head.

Andrew Ross Gotta take your chances. He hasn't done that or shown enough/any fight or interest when they've come along. I still usually like having him on the pitch, there's the hope of a bit of magic but he doesn't want to be the best player he can be, he's happy to try to coast through his career and it shows.

:anguish:

Soundbites = fact evidently