Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Think we need to go back to 433/451 to get he best from HBA and expect us to go this way against Arsenal. For now Ba up top but Ba can play other roles to accommodate Cisse. Agree that playing Santon on the right would allow him to cut in and Santon to overlap.

I know it will have been mentioned before, but Sammy in the programme said that HBA was the worst trainer at the club and he did things at his own pace.

Why does that matter if he performs when he plays in matches? Romario was the same, he barely showed up to practice and he was class throughout. obviousl not comparing those two just saying.

Good to hear this from Pardew today, is he finally having an epiphany???

“This guy Ben Arfa is exceptional. I don’t want our fans to start thinking I don’t think this is a good player.”  “He is special and we have got to get him on the pitch.”

“I’ve got to find a way of getting him on the pitch to play like that, because that was his best 45 minutes.”  “We’ve got 11 games to go and he can cause some real damage. He was the big difference between the sides in terms of the technical quality.” 

Guest mimifrench

So, who won the Ben arfa vs Sessegnon battle on the pitch today?  :lol:

:lol:

:lol: It was a serious question...

Haven't seen any highlights of the game (yet) but reading your comments makes me believe that he was quite good today. Good if he'll found again some self confidence after those 45min on the pitch...

Can anyone tell me please where he played exactly, I mean what position?

Haven't seen any highlights of the game (yet) but reading your comments makes me believe that he was quite good today. Good if he'll found again some self confidence after those 45min on the pitch...

He played strictly on the right wing.

He played right wing and he changed the game with some really good play, Sessegnon was sent off for hitting Tiote in the face.

Absolutely took the piss at times the way he went past them. When he beat two people with one move  :drool:

Thought he was excellent and made the right choices as for when to make a run and when to pass. Should at least play more if not starting. (I would always start him)

Guest neesy111

He played right wing and he changed the game with some really good play, Sessegnon was sent off for hitting Tiote in the face.

Wasn't in the fact, but still a sending off i.e.  barton v blackburn last season.

Guest bimpy474

Wasn't in the fact, but still a sending off i.e.  barton v blackburn last season.

Did hit him in the mush mate, see the replay ;)

I loved the fright he put in their left back, that's the kind of player I want to watch at a game not someone like Raylor who brings no excitement in open play. Judging by the way he played and Pardew's comment's he's starting next week IMO really got to prove himself which I hope he does because I'm a huge fanboy! The crowd need to get off his back when he loses the ball aswell, he loses it just as much as other players and it's often when he's trying to do something with the rest of the team static around him.

What Pardew should think about instead of being so negative is when Ben Arfa is dribbling at the back four he is pushing the other team back out of fear and creating opportunities for the team.

Where as with Obertan and Taylor they dont stop anything as the Spurs game showed and they offer f*ck all going forward aswell.

There is frankly no excuse not to start him.

Guest mimifrench

Thanks for the answers. Not really surprised by Sessegnon here. :lol:

Find it quite strange that HBA was that good on the right tbh. He can really do well on the left too.

Read something in here last time which made allusion to the fact that HBA could be eased in the team by taking the place of Simpson for example...  :undecided:

Could it be possible if you sell Simpson in the summer?

Or who could/should be "dropped" in the team in order to introduce Ben arfa in, on your own opinion?

Guest Haris Vuckic

I'd start him on the right after today's performance.

So at the expense of Ryan Taylor I suppose.

Guest Spark

That time when he beat two players and got the shot off to the near post was a ridiculous bit of skill.