Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

NUFC_Stats ‏ @NUFC_Stats

HBA: Att 3 | On target 1 | Passes 24/26 | Att 3rd 12/14 | Crosses 2 | Take ons 7/10 | Corners 1/1 #nufc #magician

NUFC_Stats ‏ @NUFC_Stats

HBA completed 7 of his attempted 10 take ons today - next best was McLean with 2/6 #nufc

NUFC_Stats ‏ @NUFC_Stats

Despite only playing 1 half, Hatem Ben Arfa made the same number of successful passes (24) as SAFC's top 2 passers (Gard & Bard) #nufc

Bloody hell :lol: not bad.

I hope im not the only one, but for to be honest - his acceleration has FINALLY looked like he was last year - he was skipping and dancing around their challenges with ease, he was nothing short of sensational and he better be starting for the rest of the season because he has the ability to shred apart any LB in the league when he is on his game.

I hope im not the only one, but for to be honest - his acceleration has FINALLY looked like he was last year - he was skipping and dancing around their challenges with ease, he was nothing short of sensational and he better be starting for the rest of the season because he has the ability to shred apart any LB in the league when he is on his game.

I would agree with that.

I re watched it last night, as i was to nervous to really get a good look when it was on live.

He was just extraordinary, our best player by a mile, good passing's, excellent dribbling`s down the right.

I was the start of the Ben Arfa age :lol:

Yep! First time he looked back to his old self re: sharpness and acceleration!

Clearly the atmosphere had him proper up for it to, a turning point in the whole saga hopefully!

Guest VaVaVoom

Truely brilliant yesterday and HAS to have pushed himself into the starting 11 against Arsenal and every game till the end of the season for that matter.

Come on Alan...do the right thing. We play MUCH better football when he is in the side.

Also worth sayin...I actually think RM is his best position for us in this side.

Not afraid to say I'm a massive 'fanboy' for him and will let most things he does wrong slide, i was similar with Robert. I love the lad as a player and i believe he could be one of the best players in the league.

Guest VaVaVoom

Quite simply he's one of the most talented footballers this club has had in the past 20 years.

Definitely up there with the likes of Robert and Ginola. Potentially even better with a good run of games and being 100% fit and confident. Which he looked yesterday.

I don't know if he's very popular figure in the dressing room but when he was on the pitch the other players couldn't give him the ball fast enough. They seemed grateful to have an outlet and every time anyone had the ball they were looking up to see where he was...and with him being the ball-hogging glory boy he is, of course he was always right there demanding it.

Guest VaVaVoom

We need to play 4-5-1 against Arsenal, Cisse out, Ben Arfa in.

Quite likely but wouldnt it be more a 4411 with Barfa in behind Ba and dropping deep at times to make a 5 man midfield?

---Krul---

Simpson---Williamson---Coloccini---Santon

Taylor---Cabaye---Tiote---Jonas

---Ben Arfa---

---Ba---

I'd be happy with that but i'd rather we went 442 with Ben Arfa replacing Raylor @ RM and attacked them.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Hopefully an extended run of starts and a few goals from now until the end of the season will see him staying this summer and being established in the side for next season. Frightening ability in there, as we can all see.

We need to play 4-5-1 against Arsenal, Cisse out, Ben Arfa in.

Quite likely but wouldnt it be more a 4411 with Barfa in behind Ba and dropping deep at times to make a 5 man midfield?

---Krul---

Simpson---Williamson---Coloccini---Santon

Taylor---Cabaye---Tiote---Jonas

---Ben Arfa---

---Ba---

I'd be happy with that but i'd rather we went 442 with Ben Arfa replacing Raylor @ RM and attacked them.

I thought about this, taking the Spurs-Arsenal game as an example,  Arsenal looked far more comfortable in the second half once Saha had gone off for sandro.

Personally would have loved to have seen this at some point, maybe a cup game but it's not quite right for Arsenal:

Santon  Williamson  Colo  Ferguson

Ben Arfa  Tiote  Cabaye  Jonas

Cisse    Ba

I do believe we need Santon, Ben Arfa, Cisse and Ba on the pitch together. Ryan Taylor should not be keeping any of them out of the team

Guest VaVaVoom

Personally would have loved to have seen this at some point, maybe a cup game but it's not quite right for Arsenal:

Santon  Williamson  Colo  Ferguson

Ben Arfa  Tiote  Cabaye  Jonas

Cisse    Ba

I do believe we need Santon, Ben Arfa, Cisse and Ba on the pitch together. Ryan Taylor should not be keeping any of them out of the team

Would be good to see.

The unfortunate thing is Raylor is held in very high esteem by AP and even if Simpson should get injured and Santon moved to RB he would play LB ahead of Ferguson.