Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest vainsharpdad

Heard a few whispers that he is not the best influence in the dressing room.

One from a good source, but take with salt as required.

It must be a case of recurring problems relating to effort or failure to conform to instructions in training, whereby rewarding him with starts sets a bad example to the rest of the squad. It clearly goes beyond the type of player he is, or the dreadful performances at Brighton and Blackburn.

Aye, my wild guess is that Hatem refuses to put any sort of effort in physical training. We've heard how little Shane has to beef up and in fairness Ben Arfa's frame isn't much bigger.

There's nothing wrong with Ben Arfa's strengh

I don't hate anyone fella, bit of a harsh word hate! 

Ijust get the feeling a lot of people are more Ben Arfa fans than NUFC fans.

to me, it seems the expectation of Ben Arfa has lifted him to biblical proportions.

To me, i couldn't give a s*** who plays tomorrow as long as we get a result out of the game.

What a fucking Moronic sentence.

No it isn't, it's the truth.

20 minute Impact sub against tired legs.

Talk in with Peter Beardsley in the autumn where Peter Beardsley basically said that HBA was a fantastic player and an exceptional talent but was also the laziest kid he'd ever met.

Talk in with Peter Beardsley in the autumn where Peter Beardsley basically said that HBA was a fantastic player and an exceptional talent but was also the laziest kid he'd ever met.

Like most people could give a shit seeing as it doesn't impact him on match days

Graeme Souness had a similar difference of opinion with SBR over Robert for what that's worth.

It must be a case of recurring problems relating to effort or failure to conform to instructions in training, whereby rewarding him with starts sets a bad example to the rest of the squad. It clearly goes beyond the type of player he is, or the dreadful performances at Brighton and Blackburn.

Aye, my wild guess is that Hatem refuses to put any sort of effort in physical training. We've heard how little Shane has to beef up and in fairness Ben Arfa's frame isn't much bigger.

There's nothing wrong with Ben Arfa's strengh

I agree with that. His pound-for-pound strength is pretty damn good.

With Cabaye and Tiote back to mop up, there is no reason in the world that HBA shouldn't start. It's not even a discussion ffs! :lol:

Agree. Especially against a side like Wolves, vulnerable, shit and no manager at the helm. If he can't start against that shower then when can he?

Thing is Ben Arfa will continue to have ups and downs as long as he's only given small tastes of football here and there. He needs exactly what Obertan had earlier in the season - the guarantee of first team football over a long period of time, a bedding in period where he is allowed to make mistakes, the confidence from the manager that he is not going to be dropped after a dodgy 45 minutes. After having been out for so long and still adjusting to English football he's not going to magically recover his best form with 20 mins here or a cup cameo there.

It's odd that Pardew's shown a double standard when it comes to HBA and Obertan (not to mention players in other positions like Simpson and Raylor who have been awful at times), especially since Obertan has been fucking shit and HBA has looked far better.

Impact sub. :lol:

He's a f***ing astonishing footballer.

BTW I must be a Demba Ba fan rather than a Newcastle fan because I want him to play ahead of Shola. :rolleyes:

That's far from proven

Meanwhile obertan and taylor have proved themselves to be brilliant footballers.

With Cabaye and Tiote back to mop up, there is no reason in the world that HBA shouldn't start. It's not even a discussion ffs! :lol:

Apart for the reason he's been largely gash and totally lazy/disinterested.

Dear God.

Apart for the reason he's been largely gash and totally lazy/disinterested.

He hasn't looked lazy or disinterested to me when I've watched. Over greedy to hog the ball perhaps but that's hardly the same thing. But this is the sort of stuff people come up with when they feel they need to slag a player.

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Hatem that those who believeth in him shall not perish but receive eternal life.

Ah, i see what you did there.  :slowclap:

I do like him but I have no reasonable way of separating the wheat from the chaff when it comes to the stories of why he's not getting picked.  It's either assume he's doing everything in his power to be selected and Pardew's ignoring him or HBA is voluntarily not holding up his end on something and gets dropped.

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Hatem that those who believeth in him shall not perish but receive eternal life.

Ah, i see what you did there.  :slowclap:

I do like him but I have no reasonable way of separating the wheat from the chaff when it comes to the stories of why he's not getting picked.  It's either assume he's doing everything in his power to be selected and Pardew's ignoring him or HBA is voluntarily not holding up his end on something and gets dropped.

or it might just be that HBA doesn't fit very well into Pardew's game style? For the majority of the games we've played we've generally played fast, pressing football with the ball going long from the back. You can understand why Ryan Taylor might be more suited to it than Ben Arfa in that sense.