Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Jonas is a pivotal part of our team. Opposing sides constantly double up on him, he drives our team up the pitch with his runs and provides cover to our not so defensively able wing backs. He almost puts in too much effort, that's why he has been f***ed for half our games. Tomorrow he will be mint...FACT.

That would be all well and good if it wasn't his job to create and provide penetration.

How do you know what his job is? Are you best mates with Pards like?

No. I just remember days of wingers getting the odd goal and stuff, and not being so heavily reliant on our striker to feed off scraps.

Jonas is a pivotal part of our team. Opposing sides constantly double up on him, he drives our team up the pitch with his runs and provides cover to our not so defensively able wing backs. He almost puts in too much effort, that's why he has been f***ed for half our games. Tomorrow he will be mint...FACT.

That would be all well and good if it wasn't his job to create and provide penetration.

How do you know what his job is? Are you best mates with Pards like?

No. I just remember days of wingers getting the odd goal and stuff, and not being so heavily reliant on our striker to feed off scraps.

It works for us, why complain? Besides it's strikers not sriker now, so that should increase.

There's plenty of room for improvement. There's a big imbalance between the spine of the team and the wide players, and too much overcompensation as a result.

There's always room for improvement, even for Barcelona and the likes. There's no imbalance in our team, there is simply a strong spine with not so strong wings (based on ability), but we have the drive, determination and commitment as a whole which has taken us to where we are. I bet (and this isn't personal) that 9/10 people on here will have said that they'd rather see a committed, less able team, than an able, uncommitted team and out of those 9, 4/5 of them would all say the total opposite now. People need to make their minds up.

There's plenty of room for improvement. There's a big imbalance between the spine of the team and the wide players, and too much overcompensation as a result.

There's always room for improvement, even for Barcelona and the likes. There's no imbalance in our team, there is simply a strong spine with not so strong wings (based on ability), but we have the drive, determination and commitment as a whole which has taken us to where we are. I bet (and this isn't personal) that 9/10 people on here will have said that they'd rather see a committed, less able team, than an able, uncommitted team and out of those 9, 4/5 of them would all say the total opposite now. People need to make their minds up.

Build a committed, hard working culture at the club. Then replace the less able players with better players who are either already hardworking or likely to find that the culture at the club wears off on them.

To me Ben Arfa has looked both committed and able when he has played. I would be a proponent of the committed and able team.

Ben Afra (committed, able)> Raylor(committed, unable) > Obertan (uncommitted, unable)

To me Ben Arfa has looked both committed and able when he has played. I would be a proponent of the committed and able team.

Ben Afra (committed, able)> Raylor(committed, unable) > Obertan (uncommitted, unable)

I like the way you've put that. :lol:

Yeah, you've just described an imbalance, mate.

An imbalance would mean the squad was lopsided. Ours isn't, it's just lightweight around the pivot.

We have 2 right footers playing on the left, with an attacking fullback on one side and a defensive fullback on the other. By your definition I don't think we could be any more imbalanced.

An imbalance would mean the squad was lopsided. Ours isn't, it's just lightweight around the pivot.

We have 2 right footers playing on the left, with an attacking fullback on one side and a defensive fullback on the other. By your definition I don't think we could be any more lopsided.

The only reason our team could be lopsided is because Jonas is better than Obertan.

We have 2 right footers playing on the left, with an attacking fullback on one side and a defensive fullback on the other. By your definition I don't think we could be any more lopsided.

The only reason our team could be lopsided is because Jonas is better than Obertan.

Fair enough, your useage of the word 'lopsided' in football clearly differs to mine.

Fair enough, your useage of the word 'lopsided' in football clearly differs to mine.

To me it's more about the strength or weakness of a team, as opposed to it's attacking/defensive naure.

HBA was already here when Pardew took over so maybe he doesn't really see him as one of his.  Shitebulb on the other hand is his signing.  Unless HBA is impacting Pardews hit rate with the women of the north east I can't see another reason Obertan is getting a start ahead of him.

if he doesn't start at home to Wolves, then Pardew has no right managing this club or at this level because his continued exclusion is bordering on fucking retardness and I'd rather we had a smart manager in our dugout who would not allow a 5m plus player of expetional talent sit on his arse while the whoefully inept, heartless and utter turboshit Obertan starts or the conservative choice of R. Taylor who a year or so back was regularly considered (unfairly by the way) as an abomination of a footballer.

in the wider context results are all important imo, right now none of us can argue that much with pards in the wider context as he's got us very high in the table - that's his job

so far he's always bounced back from defeats/short bad runs...if or when he is unable to get the team bouncing back and he's still got hba sitting on the bench that's the time questions can and should be seriously asked imo

people can point to spurs or fulham, but then pards would (rightly) point to results like manyoo to vindicate himself

Guest pintofscottsellers

imagine how mint it would be if Pardew actually played Ben Arfa, shame we've got Raylor and the bloke off Independence day keeping him out the side

Looking forward to Pardew's sly little comment in his post match press conference if he does start Raylor and we win.

On the whole I think Pardew has done brilliantly but I really hate the direction this Ben Arfa business seems to be heading. If HBA goes in the summer without getting a fair shot here it'll be a disgrace, and Pardew will be solely responsible.

The thinking of "play Ben Arfa and we'll get more points" is quite dangerous. To me is the other way round - Even if we play Ben Arfa, I don't think we could get so many points at this stage.  That's a paradox and I would give Pardew the benefit of the doubt because of that.

Looking forward to Pardew's sly little comment in his post match press conference if he does start Raylor and we win.

On the whole I think Pardew has done brilliantly but I really hate the direction this Ben Arfa business seems to be heading. If HBA goes in the summer without getting a fair shot here it'll be a disgrace, and Pardew will be solely responsible.

He would be solely responsible for bad results too.

I am against the decision of not playing HBA, just that Pardew get the result by not playing HBA, so could we assume we would be better, as a team, if we play HBA? Certainly people would suggest by no means HBA is a worse option than Obertan and Raylor (which technically no one can dispute) but team selection and players management are more than just picking the best players out of your available squad.

In conclusion, i would say, if Pardew get a marvelous result e.g. get the 4th spot, then he has earned his right to dispose HBA. In the end, Team > Individual Player, forever.

To his credit he's said nothing and caused no problems, publicly at least.

I don't think it's a stretch to assume that he'll get pissed off eventually though, given his talent. He wouldn't find it hard to find a team who'll start him if he does go.