Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest reefatoon

I don't hate anyone fella, bit of a harsh word hate! 

Ijust get the feeling a lot of people are more Ben Arfa fans than NUFC fans.

to me, it seems the expectation of Ben Arfa has lifted him to biblical proportions.

To me, i couldn't give a s*** who plays tomorrow as long as we get a result out of the game.

What a f***ing Moronic sentence.

You might say that but look at your avatar picture! Speaks for itself, keep loving your poster boy.

You're an idiot.

Why? Because I don't knock one out over Ben Arfa?  I apologise to you if I upset you over my comments of your poster boy, but I just can't get that excited!!

I don't hate anyone fella, bit of a harsh word hate! 

Ijust get the feeling a lot of people are more Ben Arfa fans than NUFC fans.

to me, it seems the expectation of Ben Arfa has lifted him to biblical proportions.

To me, i couldn't give a s*** who plays tomorrow as long as we get a result out of the game.

What a f***ing Moronic sentence.

You might say that but look at your avatar picture! Speaks for itself, keep loving your poster boy.

You're an idiot.

Why? Because I don't knock one out over Ben Arfa?  I apologise to you if I upset you over my comments of your poster boy, but I just can't get that excited!!

Stop it man.

If people were unbiased theyd have a pretty hard time arguing against Raylor playing really.

Given our results when he plays & his involvement in us achieving that over recent weeks.

Got to agree with Jayson.  I thought and also hoped Ryan Taylor would have been nowhere near the first team as i didn't rate him at all. But people have to admit, the guy has had a fantastic season and shoved a lot of stick (from me too) down our throats.  Gotta give tha lad credit really, but he doesn't get it as he is keeping Ben Arfa out of the team, so he has joined the band of people getting slated.

Shit post, he was also the weakest link in our team for many many games, so what is your point? He a lucky charm or something? Fantastic season? 

It pee's me off that Ryan Taylor starts above Ben Arfa because everyone knows who the superior player is, my main gripe though is how the f*ck is Obertan second choice ahead of Ben Arfa. He's had about 20 games this season and performed in maybe 2 or 3. Ben Arfa's played around 10 games this season and has created our best chances in most of them games. He then has a couple of poorer games against Brighton (Still created our best chance for Simpson) and Blackburn and gets dropped back down to third choice with Obertan back in ahead of him  :idiot2:

Guest reefatoon

If people were unbiased theyd have a pretty hard time arguing against Raylor playing really.

Given our results when he plays & his involvement in us achieving that over recent weeks.

Got to agree with Jayson.  I thought and also hoped Ryan Taylor would have been nowhere near the first team as i didn't rate him at all. But people have to admit, the guy has had a fantastic season and shoved a lot of stick (from me too) down our throats.  Gotta give tha lad credit really, but he doesn't get it as he is keeping Ben Arfa out of the team, so he has joined the band of people getting slated.

s*** post, he was also the weakest link in our team for many many games, so what is your point? He a lucky charm or something? Fantastic season? 

Well compared to where he was before the season started and where he is now, i would say he is having a fantastic season.  I completely wrote him off as a waste of space but i think he has worked hard and contributed an awful lot this season, and I can't begrudge him a shirt really.  He has contributed just as much as Ben Arfa if you look at it.

Such a strange situation - clearly an exceptionally talented player and I love watching him play but Pardew obviously doesn't fancy him as a team player, and as he sees more of him than anyone then I guess we have to respect his opinion.

Can't help but think that if we had a better right back he would get more game time on the right wing, and even if Enrique was still here he could have played much more wide left.

Hopefully we can address the full back situation in the summer and Ben Arfa will stay and be a success. Apart from anything else, European matches would create a lot more chances for appearances...

It pee's me off that Ryan Taylor starts above Ben Arfa because everyone knows who the superior player is, my main gripe though is how the f*ck is Obertan second choice ahead of Ben Arfa. He's had about 20 games this season and performed in maybe 2 or 3. Ben Arfa's played around 10 games this season and has created our best chances in most of them games. He then has a couple of poorer games against Brighton (Still created our best chance for Simpson) and Blackburn and gets dropped back down to third choice with Obertan back in ahead of him  :idiot2:

We're not having issues scoring goals though. We do however look weak defensively when we're put under pressure.

So it makes sense to give up Barfa pot attacking ability in place of a player who is less likely to try the extravagant and lose the ball. As annoying as people may find that. He may waste opportunitys at times Obertan, but he doesnt often lose possession.

Guest reefatoon

By the way, I want Ben Arfa to succeed!!  I just don't think his position is a right midlfielder/winger.  I know the options we have are not great there, i still don't think it is fair to shoe horn Ben Arfa over there as i don't think it suits him.

It must be a case of recurring problems relating to effort or failure to conform to instructions in training, whereby rewarding him with starts sets a bad example to the rest of the squad. It clearly goes beyond the type of player he is, or the dreadful performances at Brighton and Blackburn.

We're not having issues scoring goals though. We do however look weak defensively when we're put under pressure.

So it makes sense to give up Barfa pot attacking ability in place of a player who is less likely to try the extravagant and lose the ball. As annoying as people may find that. He may waste opportunitys at times Obertan, but he doesnt often lose possession.

Obertan is horrific when on the ball and loses possession frequently. He'll either run into trouble and lose it or knock it back to Simpson who'll punt it up field and lose it. Against Blackburn when Ben Arfa lost the ball he was always running back trying to help Simpson, he was playing too deep tbh as he never really got the ball up field near the opposition box apart from a few occasions.

I think both players lose possession quite a bit and if we're looking for possession football Ryan Taylor's the best man imo because he's got a decent pass on him and doesn't really attempt any mazy runs. If we're looking for that bit of creativity that'll create us some chances in the game but may put us under pressure at times Ben Arfa's the man to play. I've got no idea what Obertan offers when he starts, the only time I would like to see him on the pitch is late on in the game where he can use his  pace to run at tired legs.

for me if we're talking hba vs. raylor or obertan then it must be hba at home, must be man, away from home i could understand choosing one of the others ahead of him even if i don't agree with it

no way either of them should be starting ahead of him at home, particularly against opposition like wolves...anyone thinking otherwise needs to give their head a shake

but i would throw in the get out as ronaldo says - if pardew is not choosing him for non-ability related reasons that might influence general morale then maybe, maybe, but he doesn't seem to have been upsetting the apple cart with us much tbh...fwiw i don't think that that's the real reason behind his non-selection either, i think pardew's a pie and chips manager basically and that's the end of it [/Tron]

for me if we're talking hba vs. raylor or obertan then it must be hba at home, must be man, away from home i could understand choosing one of the others ahead of him even if i don't agree with it

no way either of them should be starting ahead of him at home, particularly against opposition like wolves...anyone thinking otherwise needs to give their head a shake

but i would throw in the get out as ronaldo says - if pardew is not choosing him for non-ability related reasons that might influence general morale then maybe, maybe, but he doesn't seem to have been upsetting the apple cart with us much tbh...fwiw i don't think that that's the real reason behind his non-selection either, i think pardew's a pie and chips manager basically and that's the end of it [/Tron]

depends on the opposition etc, however at home v wolves is a game where he should start.

I don't have any problem with Taylor keeping out Ben Arfa in the majority of the games this season if he's instrumental in us getting the results. I'm more concerned with the future, because I think we'll lose the better player if HBA leaves next summer, and I'd be disappointed if it happened on account of a championship player like Taylor. Unfortunately, Pardew is now describing Raylor as an "iconic" player for Newcastle so it looks likely that Ben Arfa will be on his way, and we'll no doubt be fighting off bids from Liverpool and Real Madrid for our icon next season.

depends on the opposition etc, however at home v wolves is a game where he should start.

precisely, he's not shown enough to demand starting every match but he's got to be given more of a chance...at this point i'm starting to wonder if signing him wasn't just an MA gamble to get him cheap and sell him on

doesn't seem like there's a plan or a place for him...people can use the injury as an excuse all they like but denying the lad game time isn't how you get anyone over that type of injury, you play them and acknowledge they won't be back to their best right away, surely not playing the lad is just diminishing the chances of his form returning and extending the time when that's likely to happen? ???

Well there it is, it sounds blasphemous but if you can't help think it, what to do? :lol:

Unfortunately, Pardew is now describing Raylor as an "iconic" player for Newcastle so it looks likely that Ben Arfa will be on his way, and we'll no doubt be fighting off bids from Liverpool and Real Madrid for our icon next season.

oh dear lord please tell me he didn't say that

It must be a case of recurring problems relating to effort or failure to conform to instructions in training, whereby rewarding him with starts sets a bad example to the rest of the squad. It clearly goes beyond the type of player he is, or the dreadful performances at Brighton and Blackburn.

Aye, my wild guess is that Hatem refuses to put any sort of effort in physical training. We've heard how little Shane has to beef up and in fairness Ben Arfa's frame isn't much bigger.

Guest icemanblue

Was just reading .com's match report from the 0-1 at the SOL. This quote from Bobby, about Robert, stood out:

"You have to live and die by Laurent. There may be some aspects of his play that may irritate at times but he is a match-winner."

Sums it up for me.

Aye, my wild guess is that Hatem refuses to put any sort of effort in physical training. We've heard how little Shane has to beef up and in fairness Ben Arfa's frame isn't much bigger.

To me, Ben Arfa looks more muscled now (only slightly though) than he was when we first signed him. The lad does have some good strength, he does, at times, hold up the ball well.

Guest mimifrench

Don't really think that's the problem comes from the way he is physically or if he's training well.

Since he's joined NUFC, he's done a lot of work (musculation and all that) which is pretty obvious when you seem him now (for example, just the size of his arms, nothing to do with how they were before).

Morever, I'd add that one thing is forgotten about Ben arfa and was pointed out by Gérard Houiller (his coach in Lyon) is that Ben arfa is in fact a real "athlet" and has a lot of stamina. But to show it, he just has to play more and regularly.

It's just sad to not be able to see him play in your squad, even for a 20min impact sub...

Do you know if Pardew mentioned (on the media) things about Ben arfa not training as hard/well as he has to?

It's a fair statement to make after the goal in the derby, to be fair. Not condoning it but a fifth of our fans are basically imbeciles who'll still be singing 'Ryan Taylor, over the wall' in fifteen years.

:lol: :lol: :lol: superb!

Wake me up when the season ends.  My head hurts.