Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

What I heard is that he is quote "too relaxed" in training and goes against Pardew's ethos of high intensity training. I realise this sounds the most wank ITK ever but he's supposed to be "a nice guy really" whatever that means :lol:

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Hatem that those who believeth in him shall not perish but receive eternal life.

Ah, i see what you did there.  :slowclap:

I do like him but I have no reasonable way of separating the wheat from the chaff when it comes to the stories of why he's not getting picked.  It's either assume he's doing everything in his power to be selected and Pardew's ignoring him or HBA is voluntarily not holding up his end on something and gets dropped.

or it might just be that HBA doesn't fit very well into Pardew's game style? For the majority of the games we've played we've generally played fast, pressing football with the ball going long from the back. You can understand why Ryan Taylor might be more suited to it than Ben Arfa in that sense.

Possibly although I'd like to do a thorough review and determine just how much "hoofball" we really play before agreeing on what is and isn't his style. 

That aside, my take is that if Pardew's comments about HBA needing to show more are genuine - the bizarre alternative being that they're just smokescreens and he won't pick him unless desperate - then he probably does want to play him.

With Cabaye and Tiote back to mop up, there is no reason in the world that HBA shouldn't start. It's not even a discussion ffs! :lol:

Apart for the reason he's been largely gash and totally lazy/disinterested.

Dear God.

It's funny that the term HBA 'fanboy' has been coined for presenting solid and reasonable grounds on why he should play. And this is typical of what the 'other side' (ugh: hate what this has 'become') come out with- nonsense.

What I heard is that he is quote "too relaxed" in training and goes against Pardew's ethos of high intensity training. I realise this sounds the most wank ITK ever but he's supposed to be "a nice guy really" whatever that means :lol:

Shola's apparently amazing in training too.

I hate all of the Ryan Taylor hatred in this thread. Jonas has been woeful for months. Hatem should be on for him on the left with Taylor on the right for me.

I don't hate Ryan Taylor but I've never rated him as a footballer. That said he's done well enough in his own way this season, but if I'd rather have a player with genuine football talent in midfield (not necessarily HBA)  I don't see why it should be seen as hatred.

I don't really understand the debate. You play your best players, that way you'll win more games that you would of otherwise.

Was just reading .com's match report from the 0-1 at the SOL. This quote from Bobby, about Robert, stood out:

"You have to live and die by Laurent. There may be some aspects of his play that may irritate at times but he is a match-winner."

Sums it up for me.

Exactly

I don't really understand the debate. You play your best players, that way you'll win more games that you would of otherwise.

Was just reading .com's match report from the 0-1 at the SOL. This quote from Bobby, about Robert, stood out:

"You have to live and die by Laurent. There may be some aspects of his play that may irritate at times but he is a match-winner."

Sums it up for me.

Exactly

not necessarily, you put out your best team, that may not mean all your best players.

Guest Howaythetoon

Pardew is either an idiot or they don't get on because even a blind man could tell you Ben Arfa gives us more than Obertan and R.Taylor in every sense. If you consider the best form of defence is attack, then even defensively he's a better option. Attacking wise, there is no comparision. Ben Arfa scores goals, creates goals and generally causes the opposition problems. Obertan causes his own team-mates problems and although Taylor can be a goal threat from set play, his attacking play is neither here nor there, its bog standard in the same way Danny Dimpson's is.

Again, if he doesn't start at home to Wolves, then Pardew has no right managing this club or at this level because his continued exclusion is bordering on fucking retardness and I'd rather we had a smart manager in our dugout who would not allow a 5m plus player of expetional talent sit on his arse while the whoefully inept, heartless and utter turboshit Obertan starts or the conservative choice of R. Taylor who a year or so back was regularly considered (unfairly by the way) as an abomination of a footballer.

This exclusion would be the equiverlent of playing Shola up front ahead of a fit Ba or Cisse while those two sat on the bench.

Pardew is either an idiot or they don't get on because even a blind man could tell you Ben Arfa gives us more than Obertan and R.Taylor in every sense. If you consider the best form of defence is attack, then even defensively he's a better option. Attacking wise, there is no comparision. Ben Arfa scores goals, creates goals and generally causes the opposition problems. Obertan causes his own team-mates problems and although Taylor can be a goal threat from set play, his attacking play is neither here nor there, its bog standard in the same way Danny Dimpson's is.

Again, if he doesn't start at home to Wolves, then Pardew has no right managing this club or at this level because his continued exclusion is bordering on fucking retardness and I'd rather we had a smart manager in our dugout who would not allow a 5m plus player of expetional talent sit on his arse while the whoefully inept, heartless and utter turboshit Obertan starts or the conservative choice of R. Taylor who a year or so back was regularly considered (unfairly by the way) as an abomination of a footballer.

This exclusion would be the equiverlent of playing Shola up front ahead of a fit Ba or Cisse while those two sat on the bench.

Other than the bit in bold :thup:

Taylor will start against Wolves though, that much is certain.

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Hatem that those who believeth in him shall not perish but receive eternal life.

Ah, i see what you did there.  :slowclap:

I do like him but I have no reasonable way of separating the wheat from the chaff when it comes to the stories of why he's not getting picked.  It's either assume he's doing everything in his power to be selected and Pardew's ignoring him or HBA is voluntarily not holding up his end on something and gets dropped.

or it might just be that HBA doesn't fit very well into Pardew's game style? For the majority of the games we've played we've generally played fast, pressing football with the ball going long from the back. You can understand why Ryan Taylor might be more suited to it than Ben Arfa in that sense.

Beat me to it.

Jonas is a pivotal part of our team. Opposing sides constantly double up on him, he drives our team up the pitch with his runs and provides cover to our not so defensively able wing backs. He almost puts in too much effort, that's why he has been fucked for half our games. Tomorrow he will be mint...FACT.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He doesn't drive us up the pitch anywhere near as much as he used to, sadly as I really like the guy. Think he'll turn it around.

Jonas is a pivotal part of our team. Opposing sides constantly double up on him, he drives our team up the pitch with his runs and provides cover to our not so defensively able wing backs. He almost puts in too much effort, that's why he has been f***ed for half our games. Tomorrow he will be mint...FACT.

That would be all well and good if it wasn't his job to create and provide penetration.

Jonas is a pivotal part of our team. Opposing sides constantly double up on him, he drives our team up the pitch with his runs and provides cover to our not so defensively able wing backs. He almost puts in too much effort, that's why he has been fucked for half our games. Tomorrow he will be mint...FACT.

He's the safest option for the back four to give the ball to more often than not.

Jonas is a pivotal part of our team. Opposing sides constantly double up on him, he drives our team up the pitch with his runs and provides cover to our not so defensively able wing backs. He almost puts in too much effort, that's why he has been f***ed for half our games. Tomorrow he will be mint...FACT.

That would be all well and good if it wasn't his job to create and provide penetration.

How do you know what his job is? Are you best mates with Pards like?

He's the safest option for the back four to give the ball to more often than not.

Agreed.