Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

I think the fact that Danny Simpson is fucking shit didn't help him that much, Pardew took him off because they were attacking our Right side and we had no answer, that being said it wasn't his best game, think he could've twice had a shot but he decided to dribble instead, still i'm all in for him starting next week.

Tbf I think Pardew took him off because he tried to dribble across our box, played a ball from literately the corner flag across our 18 yard box and lost it on a number of other occasions including the incident James mentioned.

I like him, I like how he always tries something attacking but it is no surprise he gets subbed. He probably will for the rest of his career unless the side is fair enough in front to concede or they desperately need a goal.

I think the fact that Danny Simpson is fucking shit didn't help him that much, Pardew took him off because they were attacking our Right side and we had no answer, that being said it wasn't his best game, think he could've twice had a shot but he decided to dribble instead, still i'm all in for him starting next week.

Looks undecided at times. Not being allowed to play his natural game, either by lack of movement from team mates or being shackled by manager concerns.

Tbf I think Pardew took him off because he tried to dribble across our box, played a ball from literately the corner flag across our 18 yard box and lost it on a number of other occasions including the incident James mentioned.

I like him, I like how he always tries something attacking but it is no surprise he gets subbed. He probably will for the rest of his career unless the side is fair enough in front to concede or they desperately need a goal.

He ends up coming deep looking for the ball because we don't have the ability to get the ball forward through midfield. Really we need him to be playing in the opponents half not ours.

Looked like he needed new boots today, he, Cisse and Ba were on their ass a fair bit. He was too wasteful in possession today which overloaded the sparing moments of brilliance. Still think he will remain there for starting our next game.

Absolute bollocks from Redknapp, as pointed out. Almost did more tracking back and defending than Simpson. Disappeared in the second half but was all over the place in the first.

He ends up coming deep looking for the ball because we don't have the ability to get the ball forward through midfield. Really we need him to be playing in the opponents half not ours.

Although I partially agree it is still excuses for excuses sake. If he thumbed the ball in from 40 yards into our own goal I think the reaction would be 'well he shouldn't be within 40 yards of our goal'. He has played long enough to know what you should or shouldn't do in those areas.

He didn't by any stretch have a bad game, he nearly created a few glorious chances with balls the rest of them wouldn't dare/know how to pull off. He just became too much of a liability possession wise to keep on when we are 1-0 up and under the cosh a little.

Although I partially agree it is still excuses for excuses sake. If he thumbed the ball in from 40 yards into our own goal I think the reaction would be 'well he shouldn't be within 40 yards of our goal'. He has played long enough to know what you should or shouldn't do in those areas.

He didn't by any stretch have a bad game, he nearly created a few glorious chances with balls the rest of them wouldn't dare/know how to pull off. He just became too much of a liability possession wise to keep on when we are 1-0 up and under the cosh a little.

I wouldn't say he became a liability, as he wasn't losing the ball, yet I totally shit myself everytime he had the ball close to our box. So you can see why Pardew brought him off.

No doubt he makes some daft choices and he definitely holds the ball too long at times. But take him out of the team and we'll still have the fundamental problem of keeping possession as we have all season. Taking Ben Arfa out of the team won't solve that.

No doubt he makes some daft choices and he definitely holds the ball too long at times. But take him out of the team and we'll still have the fundamental problem of keeping possession as we have all season. Taking Ben Arfa out of the team won't solve that.

I don't think it will either, I think he is so, so brilliant but he needs some fine tuning. He can be immense but too often he holds on to it too long and with Ba and Cisse up front there is no longer the excuse that there is no movement in front of him.

He can go on to be far too good for us but he will need to improve his judgement and decision making before he becomes that player. When he gets it right he really gets it right, sometimes he gets it wrong but so nearly it is a top class ball but sometimes he gets it so wrong really gets it wrong. He is difficult to fit in the side as he no longer seems like a player who will play off the front man (especially with Cisse now here) but as much as it is against popular belief wingers have to work hard in this league, not only workrate but making sensible decisions in certain areas of the field.

Not many players are good enough for team to leave 3 players up front with absolutely no defensive duties.

I really think he looked knackered when got subbed.

He'd been limping and looking to the bench for a good ten minutes before he went off, definately looked like he was injured and was a passenger for a good 5 or 10 minutes before he was subbed.

There was a touch he had not too long before he came off where he stumbled over his feet and the ball. Looked knackered.

Thought he did well overall. Gradually got less and less involved as were incapable of getting the ball down anywhere other than our back line. Needs to stop with the several touches inside our own box though! Maybe he's just that starved for action on the ball! :lol:

Guest neesy111

Certainly was nowhere near the worst player on the pitch, I'd personally would had took off Guthrie to bring on Santon.

Pards said on NUFCTV he took off a couple of flair players and he don't like doing that, but confidence is low right now and we needed the win.

Benny had a good game and is showing that he has listened to what he has to do to be in the starting 11.

How to survive 79mins+ and get the win when confidence is low:

Option A: Continue what is working and try to score more goals and therefore build confidence.

Option B: Concede more and more possession and territory, hit long balls often and try to waste time as much as possible whilst hoping the opposition continue to muck up scoring situations.

:lol:

Guest neesy111

How to survive 79mins+ and get the win when confidence is low:

Option A: Continue what is working and try to score more goals and therefore build confidence.

Option B: Concede more and more possession and territory, hit long balls often and try to waste time as much as possible whilst hoping the opposition continue to muck up scoring situations.

Guest mimifrench

Today we've seen what happens when you give him too much defensive duties...

Thought HBA did ok (first half) but he made some risky choices and it seemed like he wanted to prove something or showing like "I can defend and work hard too"... Of course, it's necessary but my opinion is that it deals with the vision of football you have. When you have such a player in the team, you can make an exception and not making him play in such a role.

Ok he needs to defend like the others players but doing that he looses too much energy. He could bring much more up front.

Pardew just has to make the choice... :undecided:

Guest neesy111

HBA should be using his skills in the final 1/3 of the match instead of being camped in his own half for most of the match.

There has to be a balance but Pards knows with the way our backfour is right now we need every man to fall back and help out. Playing 4-3-3 is a double edged sword without the right plays, it means Benny has to drop back to offer cover to the midfield but if we had the right squad he would be able to remain higher up the pitch and offer more support to the front two.

I really think he looked knackered when got subbed.

Absolutely, he was great defensively for the first 50-55 minutes but ran out of steam. There's no way anyone can criticise his tracking-back today, especially if you are paid to be an expert.

He's not the fittest player anyway, he really needs to build up some 90 minute energy over the coming games. Think too much has been changed to accommodate him mind, a standard 4-4-2 suits him and our players much more and I hope Pards tries it, there's hope that he was swung round with HBA being a winger.