Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

What do you think: Would he play just as well for us if Pardew hadn't gone through with his discipline routine thing and just let him play from the start of the season? Or did that actually contribute to making Ben Arfa a better player (for the team, not on a technical aspect with the ball)?

I got into quite heated debates about this so I am obviously going to say this but I really think Pardew's treatment has turned out to be spot on.

Ben Arfa was obviously a really, really good player but the work he puts in now is really something else. When he gets back I have total confidence he will get the ball back because his intelligence allows him to read what the opposing player is going to do.

I said yesterday but apart from not being a 6ft 4 physical beast (and he certainly isn't weak in any sense) he has everything. Even the most adamant critic of Pardew's approach to Ben Arfa must see some good has come from holding the lad back?

Guest VanBarduck

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8biatw8WyvG24WrF1XWfh9sj9RhXOLREW5x26VSEebgP7nNnI

Ben Arfa wearing that shirt alongside Cabaye and Benzema will be orgasmic :cheesy:

Think I'd die of happiness if we could get him to sign a new contract. We simply must tie him down if at all possible. I know the club like to wait until there's 2 years left but I think for him we should act now whilst he's really happy and we're doing well.

What's he got left now, 3 years? 2.5? I think if we put a decent offer together for 5 years there's a good chance he'll sign it, and it'll stop other clubs sniffing round and trying to turn his head or at least ensure we get something crazy for him if we ever do have to sell.

Let's be honest, we'd all be quite proud if Ben Arfa went to a club like Manchester United.

What? wouldn't proud in the slightest. I'd be fucking pissed off. I don't need a player to leave to tell me how good they are

Guest VanBarduck

I think Benny will leave Newcastle....at the end of his contract in 2015  :laugh: , seriously the guy is not attached to any club , is more of legend-attached like Maradonna , Van Basten , gazza ( yes he managed to put the name of Gascoigne next to maradonna and Basten in the same sentence during an itw )

I mean he was born in paris , his father took him to psg match when we was a kid but he never tough about signing in that club . He's 25 years old , but he have already played in big stadiums , against big club , with big stars , that's not his vision of football , he want and he need a "family" club , with trumendous fans , good atmosphere , I'm ready to bet my wanking-hand that we won't leave for us , for money , or " big club who can give me a chance to win a title ffs ! " as would say Andy Carrlol .