Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest schmuck

When NUFC have the lead and he has the ball at his feet it feels like there is something very, very right with the world

Guest bimpy474

whats the point replacing it with obertan.. he doesn't even fooking defend

And when he has the chance to run with it, which is the job when you come on in the role he had, he just doesn't do it, i think 4 times he just kicked anywhere.

He is just a poor player.

Edit : Obertan i mean.

Didn't see a huge amount of the ball but when he did, he was economical and posed a threat, they were really scared of him. Testament to the lad that even when it's not going his way in terms of getting his foot on it, he's still seen fighting it out at the corner flag in the 80th minute. Fantastic player and just a joy to watch.

Terrific first half, worked his arse off and scared the Chelsea defenders. Like I said in the match thread, Bertrand should have been sent off around the 50 minute mark for his tackle on Hatem, when Hatem has turned you like that, that's denying a clear goal scoring opportunity.

Who tried to clatter him from behind only for him to stop them dead with his arse and then keck and then carry on searing up theiddle. Classy as.

Ramires, was excellent use of his body from HBA.

Commentator said some nonsense that Pardew was subbing him off to get more defensive work since he wouldn't do it, such shit, he was working his ass off the entire game. Clearly just wanted some fresh legs and pace to go on the counter.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He played well- great defensive shift and troubled them in the first half, players are really scared of getting close to him. I love those cross field balls he plays too.

No problem at all with him coming off like that, we need our best players as fresh as possible in these last few/couple of games :)

I hate it when we take off Ben Arfa, because I love watching him so much, but it was probably the right decision.

When he gets tired his decisionmaking gets worse. Started dribbling when he wasn't supposed to towards the end, but his pressure on the ball and his running was almost Jonas-esque.

Pardew deserves massive credit for turning him into a better player. There will be games when he has to put these shifts in, but if we control games to a greater extent we can let him flourish in the last third.