Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Video runs on a football forum marseille

@ zidane was placed on the topic [Newcastle] The rise

What?

does not pay attention to the rest

je pense que c'est mieux si t'ecris en francais ici, et les twats geordies faisons la traduction avec google translate mate

:tobey: :lol:

What?

je pense que c'est mieux si t'ecris en francais ici, et les twats geordies faisons la traduction avec google translate mate

:)

Guest BEN BEN BEN ARFA

What?

:)

if you found the video :whistle: :aww:

The reason why it's tempting to play him central (and Pardew previously hinted at it with his no.10 comments) is when you imagine him weaving his magic up against clumsy centerhalves who are running backwards, as opposed to pacy fullbacks. Take the last third of his goal against Bolton for example. Plus he has the vision to pick out a killer pass into dangerous areas.

Certainly worth giving it a try behind Ba and Cisse, as we're not actually getting much from out wide any way.

He gets crowded out enough when on the wing. He has to be at his absolute world-class best constantly when teams stick three men on him (who wouldn't?).

That would happen more often in the middle. He'd be wasted there. He needs to be high up the pitch on the right-hand-side (a la the 4-3-3) to be at his most effective.

The problem is he's receiving the ball too deep, but I can see him playing classic no 10 role tbh, just harder position for him, but to me that makes more sense than wide right in a 4-4-2 formation, he should be part of a front 3

He gets crowded out enough when on the wing. He has to be at his absolute world-class best constantly when teams stick three men on him (who wouldn't?).

That would happen more often in the middle. He'd be wasted there. He needs to be high up the pitch on the right-hand-side (a la the 4-3-3) to be at his most effective.

But when the central front 3 are as lethal as ours, the opposition wouldn't know who to mark. Cisse and Ba would still keep at least 3 of the back 4 busy in those areas. It all depends on a well drilled attacking plan set out by the manager and coaches that revolves around intelligent movement into the channels etc..

Messi is the most marked man in world football, and plays central most of the time. HBA has the same skill set in that he is able to dribble out of tight situations and release a quick ball into a dangerous area. All it takes is a split second.

Not a Barca expert, but I thought Messi played nominally on the wing.

Nope, plays centrally, on paper furthest forward but drops deep, hence 'false no 9' description

Am I right in thinking that that hasn't always been the case though?  For example, when Etoo and Zlatan were there.

Guest neesy111

Not a Barca expert, but I thought Messi played nominally on the wing.

Nope, plays centrally, on paper furthest forward but drops deep, hence 'false no 9' description

Am I right in thinking that that hasn't always been the case though?  For example, when Etoo and Zlatan were there.

Correct.

yeah he played when he was young on the wing, then in the zlatan season replaced him in the centre which caused the zlatan guadiola bustup. Messi found room easier as a young player on the wing but always cut inside, moving centrally required him to be cleverer with his runs to avoid being crowded out but helped the team because it drags centre backs completely out of position.

Its far more simple than all that IMO. He needs better attacking players playing with him.

Firstly, better players will read his game. Secondly, the opposition won't be able to double up on him.

Guest VanBarduck

Its far more simple than all that IMO. He needs better attacking players playing with him.

Firstly, better players will read his game. Secondly, the opposition won't be able to double up on him.

Exaclty , and I'm afraid that Ben arfa is gonna figure it out soon , and re-think it's longlife career plan at Newcastle . We need to bring clever player into this club , stop with papiss cissé blinded-shoot , tioté brainless tackling , jonas keeping the ball no matter what until the ref blown his wistle , even demba ba whith is Hulk-type of strategy(not the player) when he plays upfront alone .

This club use to have Shearer , Gazza , Beardsley even Barton was Einstein compared to those guys ffs !!

This is statement from the bottom of my heart , and i beg you pardon for my french  :D

Had a complete off game today. Went angry once he lost the ball again and they (Stirling) had that great chance where Taylor blocked it.

Still, created the goal and he's always trying. 5 times losing the ball - who cares as long as one moment of magic can create you a goal?