Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Liked this bit from the Times interview:

"Whenever I get the ball I feel like the crowd are really behind me, almost kicking it and moving forward with me.  They're telling me: 'Go, go, go.  Go and do something.'"

It's good that that he feels that sense of excitement and anticipation in the crowd whenever he has the ball.  I am often cynical of the crowd-pleasing soundbites from players but for some reason I do believe Ben Arfa when he says such things.

Read a hideously cringeworthy Kop piece saying HBA was basically one foot out the door and was if they could just cherry pick who they want :lol: If he went it'd be to someone like PSG. The way some of their lot assume they're still the cream of the crop is delusion of the worst degree.

Guest elbee909

Read a hideously cringeworthy Kop piece saying HBA was basically one foot out the door and was if they could just cherry pick who they want :lol: If he went it'd be to someone like PSG. The way some of their lot assume they're still the cream of the crop is delusion of the worst degree.

Marveaux, couldn't cherry pick him could they.

I'm getting killed by my mates for saying I'd take him over Bale. :lol:

Obviously Bale is in the form of his life and Hatem is injured but seriously they're not far apart when both are in form.

Hatem better not let me down. We're a better team than Spurs, dammit.

The two are like Messi and Ronaldo, in that Ronaldo relies on his athletic ability and puts it to very good use, which is what Bale does. Messi's dribbling style and technique is similar to Hatem, it's more of a natural talent.

By no means am I saying Ben Arfa and Bale are as good as those two btw, just the comparisons are there :lol:

The two are like Messi and Ronaldo, in that Ronaldo relies on his athletic ability and puts it to very good use, which is what Bale does. Messi's dribbling style and technique is similar to Hatem, it's more of a natural talent.

By no means am I saying Ben Arfa and Bale are as good as those two btw, just the comparisons are there :lol:

Bale has a big advantage over Hatem in the fact that he's much more of a goalscorer and matchwinner (not just now, he has been for the past two seasons). He's more restricted by certain surroundings and types of games, whereas Hatem could unlock any defence in the world. Still Bale has put his talent to use quite a bit more than Hatem. For now.

I'd rather have Ben Arfa because he's already ours and there's such a romantic attachment between him and the club. Bale's world class but he's such a loathesome cunt that I'd rather just stick with what we have. I don't think there's that much difference in quality between them anyway; both are capable of winning matches on their own.

If he can put together a season of fitness there's no limit to what he can do. Especially with the players we can put around him now.

That's the worry.

Also I think Ben Arfa is somewhat overrated on here. He has a lot to prove (mainly consistency) before he can genuinely be called one of the best players in the Premiership in my humble opinion, yet going of here some people seem to think he's there already.

I'd rather have Ben Arfa because he's already ours and there's such a romantic attachment between him and the club. Bale's world class but he's such a loathesome c*** that I'd rather just stick with what we have. I don't think there's that much difference in quality between them anyway; both are capable of winning matches on their own.

I'm delighted with Hatem.

Bale's been the best player in the PL since the turn of the year.

Right now, i'd rather we forget the lofty comparisons. Bale is doing it right now week in, week out. 15 league goals. Staying injury-free. Let's just get Hatem playing regularly.

Spurs have really looked to make Bale THAT guy and I wish we would give Hatem that space. At the moment Sis doesn't have to spend loads of time chasing back, neither does Bale wherever he plays. Hatem should get that freedom for two reasons.

1. The lad is injury prone. All that running isn't good for him. RVP's injuries subsided as he changed his game to do less running.

2. He's special. A match-winner. Needs to conserve his energy to be able to do what Bale did in the 93rd minute.

If he can put together a season of fitness there's no limit to what he can do. Especially with the players we can put around him now.

That's the worry.

Also I think Ben Arfa is somewhat overrated on here. He has a lot to prove (mainly consistency) before he can genuinely be called one of the best players in the Premiership in my humble opinion, yet going of here some people seem to think he's there already.

Agreed.

I don't think it's unrealistic to say he's in the top bracket of attacking midfielders in the league. If I think of the other flavours of the month at the minute; Bale, Walcott, Cazorla, Mata, Nani? I don't think Ben Arfa looks out of place amongst those names. Someone could argue all of those were better than Hatem and they'd probably have a case, but it can be fought either way.

He's a phenomenal player. I think people on here have got it right with him; when he is overrated, it's generally just tongue in cheek.

In terms of being "effective" for their side then Bale and arguably Suarez, RVP, Rooney, Lampard or Michu can claim to be this season's best.

For pure spine tingling, god given ability and excitement when's he's on the ball, then Hatem is the top player in the league.