Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

This is going to be like going on a dating website and arranging to meet up with a woman whos profile picture is a super model and then meeting her and been disappointed to find she's a poor mans Pat Butcher.

She's not been dead a week, man. A little respect please.

I think I may have just seen the best goal I've ever seen live, courtesy of HBA. Seriously, if you haven't seen it, you're in for a treat.

Played very well all game, but especially when he was moved to the right.

Spot on, absolutly magical goal.

People around me did not beleive what they saw.

HBA Magic  :D

:lol: Fuck. Can't wait.

This is going to be like going on a dating website and arranging to meet up with a woman whos profile picture is a super model and then meeting her and been disappointed to find she's a poor mans Pat Butcher.

She's not been dead a week, man. A little respect please.

:lol:

Those who were there today, was HBA quick on the wing? Obviously he must have been pretty swift to beat so many men for the goal, but has he got that turn of pace back?

He was fairly quick, and it just seemed they were terrified whenever he got the ball, even before that magical goal he went on a couple or runs which he went past 3-4 of their players.

Those who were there today, was HBA quick on the wing? Obviously he must have been pretty swift to beat so many men for the goal, but has he got that turn of pace back?

Very quick. Dyer-esque pace if you want a comparison.

Superb. Ta. :)

Edit: and to the above.

Did he stop upfront the whole game or did he go wide when Big Shols came on?

Played in the number 10 behind Best in the first half. Moved to the right wing when Shola came on for Obertan.

:thup:

How'd he get on when on the wing? Hopefully it might be a precurser to him starting there more regularly.

Was much more influential on the wing. Aye, hopefully now Pardew will reassess his options regarding Ben Arfa and his ability to play on the wing.

Looked like his pace wasvery good today. Its strange how he just seem toslip past players like they are wearing concrete boots.

He needs to play on the wing. Created a lot, got us many corners. Much better there than in the center.

£1,000 says Redknapp will reckon Ben Arfa is a 'triffic' player at some point in the week.

" Everyone's taken notice of him after that goal. We hear he has a problem with the manager, that's what we're all hearing. But yeah id take him ofcourse but he's not my player at the moment so i can't really talk about him."

He's not blistering but I dont think he needed to be. He uses his brain and skill to get past people. So much better out there then Obertan its unread. Not only did he score but he put crosses, through balls and won corners too. Not to mention his goal. When Ba comes back, if AP insists on two big men up front then he has to play HBA outwide. It shouldnt even be in question.

£1,000 says Redknapp will reckon Ben Arfa is a 'triffic' player at some point in the week.

" Everyone's taken notice of him after that goal. We hear he has a problem with the manager, that's what we're all hearing. But yeah id take him ofcourse but he's not my player at the moment so i can't really talk about him."

haha :lol:

Guest optimistic nit

Such a fantastic goal from the lad. Here's my description :D :

His goal was fwap-worthy really - he got the ball on the right and basically waltzed through the Blackburn defence to get into the box, he kept the ball effectively away from three/four Blackburn players and then scored. Great solo effort.

He was so much more influential from the wing than he was in the number 10 role today. Hopefully Pardew will reassess his options now - Ben Arfa has just proven that he CAN play on the wing.

when we bought him he was a winger. i assume the reason he's seen as a striker is a mixture of the Jonas, Raylor playing at left back and a lack of striking options. Still today shows that Obertan staring on the wing in front of him is a farce. Can't see for the life of me what is so bad about playing Jonas RW and playing Ben Arfa LW. then at least we'll have a left footed left winger and a right footed right winger, instead of a right footed left back, a right footed left winger and a left footed right winger.

His goal was fwap-worthy really - he got the ball on the right and basically waltzed through the Blackburn defence to get into the box, he kept the ball effectively away from three/four Blackburn players and then scored. Great solo effort.

He was so much more influential from the wing than he was in the number 10 role today. Hopefully Pardew will reassess his options now - Ben Arfa has just proven that he CAN play on the wing.

when we bought him he was a winger. i assume the reason he's seen as a striker is a mixture of the Jonas, Raylor playing at left back and a lack of striking options. Still today shows that Obertan staring on the wing in front of him is a farce. Can't see for the life of me what is so bad about playing Jonas RW and playing Ben Arfa LW. then at least we'll have a left footed left winger and a right footed right winger, instead of a right footed left back, a right footed left winger and a left footed right winger.

Why change wings? They both scored today.

I'd rather have ben arfa on the right. Obviously he tends to cut inside onto his left foot, we knew this long before today. And he's played wide right loads before he signed for us. And lets face it, anything that keeps obertan on the bench is a positive move.

Aye, it's just that Pardew seemed unconvinced about Ben Arfa playing on the wing but today has certainly shown the merits of playing Hatem out there.

Sexy time. Missed this debate. Let it rip, boys. :fwap:

Imagine after all this today, and when we finally see this goal on the highlights tonight and sync-fwap ourselves into oblivion, he doesn't get a start next Sunday. :lol:

Im worried that Obertan's friends above planet earth might erase all the data of his goal available, i would be devastated missing out on it.

Some of the lines in this thread....honestly  :lol: