Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Shame he's the only player in the club who raises the heart-rate. The rest send me to sleep, so slow and predictable.

tiote raises my heart rate when he has the ball on the edge of our box.

:lol:

Me too, it's properly nerve-wracking.

Yeah it's quite the rush :) - I still think there's a good player there somewhere with Tiote

Same, but if that good player doesn't show himself this season I'll lose any faith in him.

i'm not sure it's entirely up to him.

Shame he's the only player in the club who raises the heart-rate. The rest send me to sleep, so slow and predictable.

Yeah it's quite the rush :) - I still think there's a good player there somewhere with Tiote

Same, but if that good player doesn't show himself this season I'll lose any faith in him.

I think he's being asked to do to much and also our style does not help. If he's bad this season then agree we should just sell, although I would rather get rid of Pardew and see what would happen if pressure was off him a bit.

I think he's being asked to do to much and also our style does not help. If he's bad this season then agree we should just sell, although I would rather get rid of Pardew and see what would happen if pressure was off him a bit.

i think he's been sussed. everyone knows to pressure him when in possession as his possession play is poor.

I doubt Tiote is still being asked to do too much. Pardew is a bit dense but I doubt he wants him to keep giving the ball away all the time.

I meant that we invite too much pressure and there are never really options for him to play to, so he tries to retain it / play sloppy balls back to defence. I think it comes down to the movement around him. Put him in a team better at retaining ball and would look totally different imho

He's the best player that we've had under the worst manager that we've had. He has some faults, but I absolutely adore him tbh, he can do whatever the f*** he wants. He's exactly the reason I watch football and always will be. The thought of him under Robson is both mouth-watering and thoroughly depressing.

I think Robson and even Kegan would have wanted Hatem to waste less time and pass it more often to his team mates than telling him to go and take the whole opposing team on his own.

Robson used to get frustrated with Laurent Robert sometimes for similar reasons to Hatem even though the latter is more wasteful at times.

Imagine Hatem Ben Arfa under Grahame Souness  :knuppel2:

He's the best player that we've had under the worst manager that we've had. He has some faults, but I absolutely adore him tbh, he can do whatever the f*** he wants. He's exactly the reason I watch football and always will be. The thought of him under Robson is both mouth-watering and thoroughly depressing.

I think Robson and even Kegan would have wanted Hatem to waste less time and pass it more often to his team mates than telling him to go and take the whole opposing team on his own.

Robson used to get frustrated with Laurent Robert sometimes for similar reasons to Hatem even though the latter is more wasteful at times.

Imagine Hatem Ben Arfa under Grahame Souness  :hom:  :knuppel2:

(Not that there is anything wrong with a man loving a man in a loving and fully engaged reciprocal relationship......)

Both KK and SBR would not only have signed him, they'd have built a team around him and got the best out of him, a la Bale and Cronaldo.

Just our luck we have a manager who didn't even put him on until he proved he was better than Obertan / Shola on the wing by scoring wondergoals as a sub.

I doubt Tiote is still being asked to do too much. Pardew is a bit dense but I doubt he wants him to keep giving the ball away all the time.

Is he being told not to do too much though? Tiote should know exactly what's required of him and he should be taken off immediately if he continues to overplay, I'd fine him every time he shoots for a start.

Guest Haris Vuckic

The worst manager that we've had. :lol:

Get a grip.

Guest firetotheworks

Get a grip.

That's not even what I said. I said that he's the best player under the worst manager. Neither one, nor the other. Although Pardew takes some beating for being the worst in my lifetime, that's still between him, Dalglish and Souness.

Get a grip.

That's not even what I said. I said that he's the best player under the worst manager. Neither one, nor the other. Although Pardew takes some beating for being the worst in my lifetime, that's still between him, Dalglish and Souness.

allardyce ?

Aye Souness taking over Sir Bobby's team, given funds we could only dream of now and turning it into one battling to stay up. His appointment set us so far back.

Imagine someone taking over Arsenal or Spurs now and leaving them how he left us.

Guest firetotheworks

In terms of the who's shitter contest,

Dalglish and Souness had very good teams that they systematically dismantled. Dalglish is less culpable than Souness imo, and was a better manager, but he made wholesale changes very quickly and didn't rebuild correctly. Bringing in players like Rush, Barnes etc for a team that were supposed to be title challengers was daft.

Allardyce plays shit football but he knows how to at least assemble a team that can stay in the premier league. We were crap and we played crap football, but you get what you're given with Allardyce.

Pardew is much worse than Allardyce imo. It seems daft to question it really. One is a manager with a track record for playing shit football, claiming to play a passing game and getting results.

The other is a manager in or around the relegation zone, playing statistically and aesthetically the shittest football, claims to play a passing game and rarely gets goals, let alone results.

Souness era - Sold Robert and Bellamy, replaced with Albert Luque and Michael Owen, Boumsong too.

Souness was THE worst that I know. Allardyce was bad but in that era (and this), none of his teams will get relegated. JFK and Shearer where totally useless as interims too. We just needed the slightest honeymoon period under Shearer and we would've survived. I remember reading somewhere that if he got us 6/7 points in his 8 games we would've stayed up as Hull fell like a brick. We ended up with 5 points. Knacker.