Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

I have a feeling some poor full back's gonna show him far too much outside soon and he'll rattle one in the corner with his right.

That Alan Hansen comment on MoTD was impertinent tbh - "just show him outside". His left is obviously his stronger foot, but his turn of pace/explosion is so good that he can still hurt you from the byline tbh - and probably have time to come back on to his left once he's got round you.

I have a feeling some poor full back's gonna show him far too much outside soon and he'll rattle one in the corner with his right.

That Alan Hansen comment on MoTD was impertinent tbh - "just show him outside". His left is obviously his stronger foot, but his turn of pace/explosion is so good that he can still hurt you from the byline tbh - and probably have time to come back on to his left once he's got round you.

Shearer was right though, you may know what he's gonna do but stopping him doing it is a completely different thing.

Shearer was right though, you may know what he's gonna do but stopping him doing it is a completely different thing.

Exactly, see Robben.

Exactly, see Robben.

Not entirely the case here though, Ben Arfa still takes players down the outside enough to put the element of doubt in their mind. He beat Luna to the byline a few times yesterday and put crosses in with his right.

Exactly, see Robben.

Not entirely the case here though, Ben Arfa still takes players down the outside enough to put the element of doubt in their mind. He beat Luna to the byline a few times yesterday and put crosses in with his right.

Oh yeah i know that, just saying even if you know what Hatem is going to do its still difficult to stop him.

At least when he's playing that far up the pitch.

Yeah if they had actually bothered to show proper highlights they would have seen he went down the line on his right foot atleast a couple of times to put the doubt in the defenders mind. Doubt the MOTD pundits even watch more than the crappy edit that bbc put together.

His left foot is real quality but his right foot is still dangerous. I don't think it's entirely fair to say he has a weaker foot.

It's easy to sit on a sofa and give analysis on how to prevent a goal or how to nullify the opposition, but it's totally different when you're down on the pitch and he's running at you and it's almost like the ball is glued to his boot.

Exactly, see Robben.

Robben is very easy to stop compared to a fully fit and on form Ben Arfa.

Robben has a left foot and only a left foot. You know he's gonna pull inside 99% of the time. 2010 in the CL final Mourinho stopped him with Zanetti so easily.

Ben Arfa has more to his game - a right foot for example.

Exactly, see Robben.

Robben has a left foot and only a left foot. You know he's gonna pull inside 99% of the time. 2010 in the CL final Mourinho stopped him with Zanetti so easily.

Calm down :lol: Robben has done everything and beaten the best, there isn't a comparison.

Exactly, see Robben.

Drugs.

Exactly, see Robben.

When he does go outside he sometimes takes it right to the byline before cutting it back. Bit of a nightmare to defend against that.