Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

I thought he made one poor decision and was perfectly fine otherwise. He came on for twenty minutes and created two or three dangerous situations.

I don't think some on here watch the same game as most people with common sense do: in essence, there is a fracture in how they distill reality. You're bang on. Some on here... not so much.

inefective show poney. time for him to DO what he can or move on.

Unbelievable. This is what Pardew's done to our fans :lol:

I predict he will continue to lose possesion, miss vital passes, try to beat too many men, and take apalling corners. while people will continue to post about what he CAN do.- well lets see him do it.

People's standards seem to be incredibly strict when it comes to a player like Ben Arfa. They ignore the good stuff he does but then slaughter him if he makes a bad decision or takes a bad corner.

If it was a lesser player I don't think anyone would bat an eyelid at his "mistakes" today. They were hardly that bad, and having so little time to impress of course one mistake is magnified.

People's standards seem to be incredibly strict when it comes to a player like Ben Arfa. They ignore the good stuff he does but then slaughter him if he makes a bad decision or takes a bad corner.

If it was a lesser player I don't think anyone would bat an eyelid at his "mistakes" today. They were hardly that bad, and having so little time to impress of course one mistake is magnified.

It's been the case with HBA on here forever. People seem to only love him or hate him, don't seem to treat him as any other player, who needs a good manager who cn work with him and improve the sides of his game that need work, while encouraging him to do what he does best. Instead they expect this Franco Baresi-type defensive skills and Maradona-esque attacking force. Seems like nobody wants a player who is in between.

I would love him to produce his best more often. Accept he cant if hes not on the pitch- but its up to him to earn his place. If only he were at his best for 70% of the time he is on the ball. sadly I think hes more like 70% of his worse when hes on.

As I said in the match thread, there's a tendency to take extreme opinions with Ben Arfa because of his hype, and almost everything he does (good or bad) is over-analysed, but the truth is he lies somewhere in between on average. Even at his worst he's relatively tidy and he's effective purely due to his presence pushing back the opposition - he wasn't great today, for instance, but when he came on there was still a very visible swing in territory and he didn't lose possession too many times... Of course, you always have the chance of him doing something magic but you have to accept that he isn't Messi and it isn't going to happen every week, and sometimes he'll make poor decisions in trying to create that magic - he can often be infuriating but it's usually as a result of expectation...

Rough with the smooth. If it was all smooth with him, he wouldn't be playing for us. As it is, at the moment, he's a very good option to have on the bench.

It's been the case with HBA on here forever. People seem to only love him or hate him, don't seem to treat him as any other player, who needs a good manager who cn work with him and improve the sides of his game that need work, while encouraging him to do what he does best. Instead they expect this Franco Baresi-type defensive skills and Maradona-esque attacking force. Seems like nobody wants a player who is in between.

I love Ben Arfa but the fact is he needs to be more of a team player and pass the ball more often instead of trying to do every thing himself.