Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

We should sell him in january. He's probably our best player and my favourite but there's no use in having him really if he's getting 15 mins here and there.

Not sure how much he would go for. Hopefully Liverpool would still be interested.

Agree. We only really need 11 players. Think we should sell everyone not in the match day 11.

We should sell him in january. He's probably our best player and my favourite but there's no use in having him really if he's getting 15 mins here and there.

Not sure how much he would go for. Hopefully Liverpool would still be interested.

Agree. We only really need 11 players. Think we should sell everyone not in the match day 11.

We have Obertan to cover the wings. It's alright.

Sissoko loses the ball plenty of times, either by a dodgy touch or a dodgy pass BUT he doesn't get half the stick Ben Arfa gets, though I suppose that is the price Ben Arfa has to pay for the expectation heaped on him

I thought the only wrong thing he did was not passing to Remy on the left yet there was someone describing his performance as rank

Sissoko loses the ball plenty of times, either by a dodgy touch or a dodgy pass BUT he doesn't get half the stick Ben Arfa gets, though I suppose that is the price Ben Arfa has to pay for the expectation heaped on him

I thought the only wrong thing he did was not passing to Remy on the left yet there was someone describing his performance as rank

I don't think anyone suggests Sissoko is better with the ball then Ben Arfa, but what he does do off the ball has allowed Debuchy to show how class he is going forward. While we have Debuchy at RB, there really isn't a place for HBA on the right. Needs to be in the middle up top or just behind.

I don't think anyone suggests Sissoko is better with the ball then Ben Arfa, but what he does do off the ball has allowed Debuchy to show how class he is going forward. While we have Debuchy at RB, there really isn't a place for HBA on the right. Needs to be in the middle up top or just behind.

Serious question. If HBA is one of our most dangerous attacking players and performs best from the right, should we be playing him elsewhere to ensure one of the defenders can get forward? Fwiw, in the match which relegated Ben Arfa to the bench, both Debuchy and Santon were pushed up to the halfway line away from home for no apparent reason. If anything, they have taken up deeper starting positions since this time.

Serious question. If HBA is one of our most dangerous attacking players and performs best from the right, should we be playing him elsewhere to ensure one of the defenders can get forward? Fwiw, in the match which relegated Ben Arfa to the bench, both Debuchy and Santon were pushed up to the halfway line away from home for no apparent reason. If anything, they have taken up deeper starting positions since this time.

Seriously, with a half decent manager, who'd get tiote to cover right for hba and debuchy, they should both be playing :)

Guest hatem garrincha

Serious question. If HBA is one of our most dangerous attacking players and performs best from the right, should we be playing him elsewhere to ensure one of the defenders can get forward?

Guest bimpy474

Might be just me but there isn't a realm in the whole universe where Shola should start ahead of Ben Arfa. We kinda accept it because Shola might play well for a bit and we do have a soft spot for him, but for Ben Arfa to be out of the team because he doesn't work hard enough, well i for one hate it. Ben Arfa is a match winner and to watch a big oaf stumble about and have one good game every two months start ahead of him just about kills me.

100 times out of 100 Ben Arfa should start ahead of Shola, and i couldn't care less if we are playing Man Utd, Arsenal or Cuntflap City. Pardew needs to broaden his horizons and stop being so worried about conceding, give this team some fluid movement and Ben Arfa will be brilliant, as will several others tbh.

Might be just me but there isn't a realm in the whole universe where Shola should start ahead of Ben Arfa. We kinda accept it because Shola might play well for a bit and we do have a soft spot for him, but for Ben Arfa to be out of the team because he doesn't work hard enough, well i for one hate it. Ben Arfa is a match winner and to watch a big oaf stumble about and have one good game every two months start ahead of him just about kills me.

100 times out of 100 Ben Arfa should start ahead of Shola, and i couldn't care less if we are playing Man Utd, Arsenal or Cuntflap City. Pardew needs to broaden his horizons and stop being so worried about conceding, give this team some fluid movement and Ben Arfa will be brilliant, as will several others tbh.

I think saying we'd be generally brilliant with just a bit of fluid movement is a bit of a stretch. Genuine question, Bimpy, if you take Pardew out of the equation, what are the weaknesses of this squad (lack of numbers aside)?

Pretty much agree on the Shola/HBA side of it, by the way.

Guest bimpy474

I think saying we'd be generally brilliant with just a bit of fluid movement is a bit of a stretch. Genuine question, Bimpy, if you take Pardew out of the equation, what are the weaknesses of this squad (lack of numbers aside)?

Pretty much agree on the Shola/HBA side of it, by the way.

I meant Ben Arfa and others would greatly benefit from the team having a lot more movement, obviously i suppose. We still lack that and as others have noted our goals are usually quite scrappy,  we really aren't a side for cutting teams open, a bit like Southampton did to us to score their goal. Pardew is just too cautious, which baffles me because sometimes we play very well, yet others we are terribly defensive. We go from one extreme to another in the space of a game, it's mental.

Taking Pardew out, our weaknesses are pretty clear imo, (ignoring the lack of movement). We need a Striker, a dominant one to play off, a player who holds the ball up. Some say Shola can do it, personally i think he's absolutely terrible at it, now and again he does ok but usually he's just awful.

I'd add an out and out Winger, left sided imo. Ince would be my buy. We need another CB, for all Willo's great form (and it has been truly great), he will eventually go off the boil. Not having a go at him but he's limited and that will show again. I'd get a CB in who leads and take charge at the back, we're too quiet especially if Willo isn't playing. Colo is still ok imo, Saylor should go, too erratic and will get injured again anyways. Mapou will be very good but it'll take time, every time i see him he looks very raw to me. Prone to rash decisions but a very talented player if he develops as i think he will.

None of this really matters, because even if Pardew improves as a manager (i doubt this very much obviously), Ashley will never back him with the players he needs to push us on. The money needed would never be put forward. Which is a shame because we are a couple of decent buys from really kicking on imo, and we could even do that with Pardew as manager.

But the Owner and therefore the manager lack ambition, and that is just where we're stuck. Ambition none central.

Just had an image of some Johnny Foreigner googling that to find out league they play in :lol

Couldn't agree more with this post! Ben Arfa should start ahead of Shola every single time.

Couldn't agree more with this post! Ben Arfa should start ahead of Shola every single time.

Comparing the 2 players' respective talents...yes, but HBA is not and never will be, a Central Striker ; he lacks the physical presence to play that role and whereas he has far greater skill than Ameobi, he would be ineffective with a CD(or 2)kicking lumps out of him or clattering him with every aerial challenge.

Ameobi is also poor at this, but then he shouldn't be in the first team anyway - he is there because the owner won't spend the cash necessary to bring in a PL standard target man/CF.

Even Remy is on loan and he is more of a roving striker playing off a target man rather than a conventional CF.

We need more ambition at the top....

Guest bimpy474

Comparing the 2 players' respective talents...yes, but HBA is not and never will be, a Central Striker ; he lacks the physical presence to play that role and whereas he has far greater skill than Ameobi, he would be ineffective with a CD(or 2)kicking lumps out of him or clattering him with every aerial challenge.

Ameobi is also poor at this, but then he shouldn't be in the first team anyway - he is there because the owner won't spend the cash necessary to bring in a PL standard target man/CF.

Even Remy is on loan and he is more of a roving striker playing off a target man rather than a conventional CF.

We need more ambition at the top....

Understand what you're saying but at no point did i say play Ben Arfa up top, he should play ahead of Shola every time but we need to play differently. I'm a 4-3-3 person and feel we have a squad suited to it.

Either way, in any formation, in any system, in every game, Ben Arfa ahead of Shola is right imo.

In no universe should Hatem Ben Arfa be warming any bench in the Prem, he's an absolute talent and it's just highlighting Pardew's shortcomings as a manager that he can't integrate a player of his standard into the team.

I'm sick of this brain washing the idea that he doesn't work hard enough in defence, did Sir Bobby worry about that with Robert or KK with Ginola? Yes there is an element of defending and tracking back, all flair players need to learn a modicum of defensive duties in the Premiership but it shouldn't be their main purpose.

HBA has come a long way since he first came here as a raw talent, he has worked on his game, that much is obvious. We became too reliant on his moments of magic and the team has benefited from his absence in the short term but he needs to come back into the fold.

He's the one genuine player that can carve into teams and cut defences open. We need him to open teams up like Palace.

In no universe should Hatem Ben Arfa be warming any bench in the Prem, he's an absolute talent and it's just highlighting Pardew's shortcomings as a manager that he can't integrate a player of his standard into the team.

I'm sick of this brain washing the idea that he doesn't work hard enough in defence, did Sir Bobby worry about that with Robert or KK with Ginola? Yes there is an element of defending and tracking back, all flair players need to learn a modicum of defensive duties in the Premiership but it shouldn't be their main purpose.

HBA has come a long way since he first came here as a raw talent, he has worked on his game, that much is obvious. We became too reliant on his moments of magic and the team has benefited from his absence in the short term but he needs to come back into the fold.

He's the one genuine player that can carve into teams and cut defences open. We need him to open teams up like Palace.

Have to agree, we should be striving to find a way to accommodate him. IMO it's simple, just drop Shola in the vast majority of games and give HBA a free role behind Remy.

Reading some of these posts you would think this was Gareth Bale or someone.

That's taking it to the extreme, he's no Bale but he's certainly our most talented player, along side Remy. To think otherwise is tantamount to going full retard.