Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

HBA has a couple of poor shots...bench him, he's useless, selfish, tries to hard, blah blah blah.

Whoop de f***ing do he wasted a chance!! He also created the f***ing chance himself.

Some people either just need a scapegoat, or need to talk s*** to get a reaction.

or maybe you are going over the top ?

edit............just re read your final sentence. got me good and proper you did.

Trying too hard to be the hero imo,simply because he's not getting game time and feels he has to impress to get himself back in the team.

If this was his 5/6th game in a row where he had started he would of made the pass and not attempted the shot.

It's nice to bring a player of his quality off the bench but he's too good for that.He needs a run in the first team so he can hit his form and start leaving fullbacks on their arses yet again.

HBA has a couple of poor shots...bench him, he's useless, selfish, tries to hard, blah blah blah.

Whoop de f***ing do he wasted a chance!! He also created the f***ing chance himself.

Some people either just need a scapegoat, or need to talk s*** to get a reaction.

or maybe you are going over the top ?

edit............just re read your final sentence. got me good and proper you did.

;D

Guest Haris Vuckic

We've got 33 points - if we aren't making a serious assault on the top four via the transfer market than the very least I want is a bit more fun.

moar HBA PLS

We've got 33 points - if we aren't making a serious assault on the top four via the transfer market than the very least I want is a bit more fun.

moar HBA PLS

Same here, thought today was the perfect chance to start him too, what with the points we'd already got and his performance against Stoke. Lets go out and attack teams, try to play some good attacking football and have some fun now.

Following his superb cameo at Palace followed by setting up two goals, winning a penalty and hitting the woodwork twice against Stoke, asking him to again be the impact sub just makes him think he needs to do more and more on his own imo, and that's exactly what he tries.

Following his superb cameo at Palace followed by setting up two goals, winning a penalty and hitting the woodwork twice against Stoke, asking him to again be the impact sub just makes him think he needs to do more and more on his own imo, and that's exactly what he tries.

hitting the woodwork twice against a 9 man stoke, before that he was as poor as the rest.

hitting the woodwork twice against a 9 man stoke, before that he was as poor as the rest.

Ah right, how many of the rest got dropped then?

He wasn't as bad as the rest, he just wasn't as effective against 11 as he was against 9.

he was mick and his lack of movement off the ball was part of the problem.

I'd start him on wednesday though.

Exactly. Some people would still moan and want him benched if he came on and scored a hat-trick ffs.

"Greedy bastard", "Only happened cos it was against tired legs", "had a bit of luck", "poor keeping".......

Unfortunately we seem to be managed by one of these type of people.  :idiot2:

he was mick and his lack of movement off the ball was part of the problem.

I'd start him on wednesday though.

I guess we just have different expectations of him.

possibly, not too far apart though, we both know how good he is.

sean's an angry bugger though.

He wasn't as bad as the rest, he just wasn't as effective against 11 as he was against 9.

Played two brilliant through balls to Debuchy before Stoke went down to 9, both could have resulted in goals. Don't think anyone would have said anything bad about his performance if they did.

:thup:

Correct sub by Pardew with Gouff looking off the pace all game and not offering anything. Was happy to get Ben Arfa on with half an hour to go, he was just very unlucky they scored pretty much with minutes of his arrival. He did his best to get us back in the game and was by far our biggest threat.

Arsenal were scared shitless of him and that was evident when Flamini went through him. His run down the line, putting flamini on his arse was majestic but i thought he should have took another touch inside then smashed it, angle was still tight but it was poor end product after a lovely run. Showed his class in glimpses in a difficult match to come into but would have been nice for him to have more time when it was stil 0-0.

That's one interpretation.  I don't think it fits the repeating trend we see with Ben Arfa though.  His pass/touch percentages....

http://i44.tinypic.com/30m5ycj.jpg

He plays a few games in a row and reverts to his natural style of doing it all himself.  Pardew then intervenes and hammers it in his head to pass.  He comes back and pases more than the game that led to him being dropped...but soon goes back to what he wants to do if he keeps getting on the field which is everything himself.

The pattern becomes more pronounced as the season goes on and he gets frustrated at not playing (especially after a good performance), but I don't think the end product we saw in one game against 9 men has led to any greater or lesser amount of greed, it's just the way he'll always be.

That's one interpretation.  I don't think it fits the repeating trend we see with Ben Arfa though.  His pass/touch percentages....

http://i44.tinypic.com/30m5ycj.jpg

He plays a few games in a row and reverts to his natural style of doing it all himself.  Pardew then intervenes and hammers it in his head to pass.  He comes back and pases more than the game that led to him being dropped...but soon goes back to what he wants to do if he keeps getting on the field which is everything himself.

The pattern becomes more pronounced as the season goes on and he gets frustrated at not playing (especially after a good performance), but I don't think the end product we saw in one game against 9 men has led to any greater or lesser amount of greed, it's just the way he'll always be.

:facepalm:

The improvement in Debuchy should provide greater leeway for playing HBA on that side. He looks up to Prem speed now.

With a double DM formation like yesterday, the attacking and creative players really have to produce otherwise there is no threat.

Even when they went down to 9 men they still doubled up on him, couldn't you see that? The difference in the game for him at that point was that he was receiving the ball much further up the pitch than usual and therefore was very potent in attack.

It might be a good idea to try and work on a way to make that happen more?