Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

After seeing Pardew's post match interview I think he's going to start next week.

Scored the best goal Pardew had seen in the match before this, wouldn't put anything past Pardew when it comes to what's needed to start Ben Arfa. :lol:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Doesn't seem to have been mentioned yet, but he went over to and shook hands with Pardew after we scored.

:aww:

After seeing Pardew's post match interview I think he's going to start next week.

Scored the best goal Pardew had seen in the match before this, wouldn't put anything past Pardew when it comes to what's needed to start Ben Arfa. :lol:

That was 'only' the goal that impressed Pardew, though. This time, it also was the workrate of Ben Arfa. Difference. He's a starter next week.

Guest Dontooner

Thought we were horrible in the first 25 minutes. Had no clue what so ever to do with the ball ,but it was all down to QPR crowding the midfield making it had to play. Funny that when Cabaye was subbed off, we focus playing on the wings. It added width with the new formation with Jonas with a attacking free role....He turned up everywhere and the rest of his teammates covered him well. HBA plays better on the wing at Newcastle, its probably the only area of the pitch where we could safely get the ball to him and get him involved.

Also thought Shola played a big role today with his holding up play, yeah he cant score or threat hen much but he gets the other players playing at higher parts of the pitch. From my observation HBA plays better when Shola is playing.

I agree, but i would also think so after the post Blackburn interview.

Guest palnese

Tracked back like a boss as well. Very, very good performance from Ben Arfa.

Shame he only had Shola in front of him. Imagine what he could have done with a striker with a wee bit of movement up front.

Found space and ran at their defenders. Looked dangerous every time he got on the ball.

It was interesting to see that the guy is actually quite strong. Several times, he was able to hold defenders off under pressure and ease opponents out of the way.

He just needs to release the ball at the right moment. There were occasions when he'd beat one or two men and instead of delivering the ball into the space that he'd created, he try and beat a third, simply because his confidence was up.

A shame, because he also produced some moments of pure brilliance.

If we had better players, I'm sure he'd release the ball earlier. I certainly wouldn't want to pass to Shola

Shola gets scapegoated a lot, but blaming him for Ben Arfa's habit of hanging on to the ball is going waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too far.