Bolton Wanderers v Newcastle United (26/12/11, 3pm)

Mr. Snrub

I'm dreading this one. Boxing day which is usually a total fuck up for us plus it's away to Bolton as well which is usually a total fuck up. I just don't expect anything other than a big Bolton win.

Why dont you come down? I've still got a spare seat and ticket.

I'm dreading this one. Boxing day which is usually a total fuck up for us plus it's away to Bolton as well which is usually a total fuck up. I just don't expect anything other than a big Bolton win.

You should have written 'a total fuck up' instead of 'a big Bolton win'.

I agree Mick, time for Pardew to prove he's as willing to learn as he claims.

It doesn't look like happening after reading the Chronicle website, it looks like it's:

Krul, Simpson, Ryan Taylor, Coloccini, Williamson, Tiote, Cabaye, Jonas, Best, Ba + 1 more which is probably Obertan.

It's just a good thing that Bolton probably have nothing too good in the right.  Williamson should make a big difference when it comes to defending crosses so we should at least be better at the back.  Our problem will be if Demba Ba fails to score, if he doesn't score we're going to struggle because the others don't seem to remember where the goal is.

I think Ben Arfa did enough to get a start the other night, and Obertan's definitely done enough by now to get dropped.

Would be nice to see a front six of Jonas-Vuckic-Tiote-Cabaye-Ben Arfa-Ba.  We'll see but I share Mick's lack of high hopes.

Why dont you come down? I've still got a spare seat and ticket.

I was about to ring you yesterday when I saw your advert/post, however I then released I have work on boxing day. The fucking joys of working in retail.

ridiculous if ben arfa doesn't start imo

More justification for him not to start this game than other games gone by.

They better have been training defensively to deal with Davies et al on set pieces, and from general play for that matter. That's what will determine the outcome IMO.

We're actually not that great on set pieces. Davies is unlikely to play anyway.

Got nothing to do with you being great on set pieces, or anything Davies-specific for that matter :laugh:

Our defending is just ridiculous at the moment.

We're actually not that great on set pieces. Davies is unlikely to play anyway.

Got nothing to do with you being great on set pieces, or anything Davies-specific for that matter :laugh:

Our defending is just ridiculous at the moment.

Hopefully Williamson will start on Monday. For one thing, it's much needed height at CB.

I'm sure once Willo is up to speed fitness-wise, our defending will become somewhat solid again. Hopefully, our defending from set-pieces will improve too......