NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Rumours of Kevin Doyle going to Everton. Could be some truth in the Best to Wolves story.

Everton spending money? I would imagine Doyle would be valued at £5m at the very least.

Using the Bilyanetdinov money.

Didn't they only get like £2m for him?

Undisclosed. £5 mill according to the Liverpool Echo though.

Conversations are taking place all of the time. I can think of one very big deal last window which had the agent's fingerprints all over it - he had clearly put everything in place for the buying club to come in and take him.

"Fans, and even the manager, seemed really shocked by it, but an agent had spoken to the club and said he wasn't happy and this is how much he wanted wage-wise and this is how much the sellers wanted

presume this is the most obvious example?

Guest bimpy474

Conversations are taking place all of the time. I can think of one very big deal last window which had the agent's fingerprints all over it - he had clearly put everything in place for the buying club to come in and take him.

"Fans, and even the manager, seemed really shocked by it, but an agent had spoken to the club and said he wasn't happy and this is how much he wanted wage-wise and this is how much the sellers wanted

presume this is the most obvious example?

:sadnod:

The deal that took Demba Ba to Newcastle, for example. The way that club usually work is that a four-year deal won't be paid up front - he'll get payments at various points in that deal, maybe every year.

So wages aren't the only saving we make if players are moved on, interesting.

He's a very Everton player like. Graft over ability. Think he'd do alreet.

It's only a rumour, but it's EXACTLY the sort of player Moyes would love. As you say, lack of quality but works hard, Moyes is jizzing as we speak.

Pretty embarrassing that we'd be going for a player who can't get into the Wolves team. Progress.

The deal that took Demba Ba to Newcastle, for example. The way that club usually work is that a four-year deal won't be paid up front - he'll get payments at various points in that deal, maybe every year.

So wages aren't the only saving we make if players are moved on, interesting.

I don't understand.

That agent is saying we don't pay agent fees up front, but spread over the duration of the contract. So presumably if we move a player on not only do we save the player's wages, we'd not pay the scheduled agent fees.

That agent is saying we don't pay agent fees up front, but spread over the duration of the contract. So presumably if we move a player on not only do we save the player's wages, we'd not pay the scheduled agent fees.

Sensible really.

Hmm, you would think the agent would still be entitled to the payments like, but maybe not. If they're not it seems like a decent tactic by our lot.

Guest bimpy474

Its actually a very good tactic, it means the agent doesn't get his full fee unless the player stays for the duration of his contract,

Said this before but the club should never pay an agent, if the player employs him then he should pay him.

Agents are by far the worst thing in football at the moment, detestable fuckthumpers.

Sounds a sensible way of doing things, but I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't an "s" missing off "club" in that quote. It makes more sense if there was, because I thought the whole basis of how we structured deals was that we paid up front now. He used a loan like the Ba deal as an example but didn't quite as far as to say that it was actually the case that we went down that route.

Guest bimpy474

Especially considering there's absolutely no chance of any decent player seeing out their contract here.

Unless we get into the champions leauge of course.........can but dream.

Sounds a sensible way of doing things, but I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't an "s" missing off "club" in that quote. It makes more sense if there was, because I thought the whole basis of how we structured deals was that we paid up front now. He used a loan like the Ba deal as an example but didn't quite as far as to say that it was actually the case that we went down that route.

I am sure whichever way we do it, it will be to our advantage.

That's a really interesting tactic. It would hopefully make the agent work to keep their player at the club as opposed to the other way around, as is usually the case.

Guest bimpy474

I am sure whichever way we do it, it will be to our advantage.

Love to think that but i would say its a way of lessens things in the player and agents favour, players and agents hold most of the cards in modern football, sickening really.