JH

Starting to piss me off tbh

Man u

Spurs

Chelsea

Liverpool

Even QPR

Have strengthened significantly. We need to push on, and hurry up about it

Negative. We are still light years ahead of QPR, we're still better than Liverpool and bar Chelsea the other clubs have only signed replacements.

QPR

Negative. We are still light years ahead of QPR, we're still better than Liverpool and bar Chelsea the other clubs have only signed replacements.

clearly lots of players > good players

We are after the correct standard of players this year, which pleases me.

Doubt we will see any Obertans. When we sign a player, I feel they will be of significant quality.

I'm only going to worry if we've made no more headway and we're at the Spurs game. What's the point in buying players that aren't good enough, or limiting the number of players we can get by paying high wages or transfer fees? We need to take our time.

We are after the correct standard of players this year, which pleases me.

Doubt we will see any Obertans. When we sign a player, I feel they will be of significant quality.

It's like Amalfitano and Bigi just don't exist. :-(

Man u

Spurs

Chelsea

Liverpool

Even QPR

It's not as if we're actually in competition with Man U or Chelsea anyway. Probably a bit much to expect that we'll be able to match up with Spurs this year too.

Man u

Spurs

Chelsea

Liverpool

Even QPR

It's not as if we're actually in competition with Man U or Chelsea anyway. Probably a bit much to expect that we'll be able to match up with Spurs this year too.

How are we not in competition with Chelsea? ??? They still have a poor manager (IMO), and a couple of good signings aren't necessarily going to make them title challengers again.

To be frank, they have done more than merely "a pair of good signings". They won't be challenging for the belt right off the bat, but are certain to lock a Top 4 place, in my opinion.

very true. don't see why we shouldn't be in contention with spurs though.

Man u

Spurs

Chelsea

Liverpool

Even QPR

How are we not in competition with Chelsea? ??? They still have a poor manager (IMO), and a couple of good signings aren't necessarily going to make them title challengers again.

They had a bad season last year but in all honesty they have a far better squad than us, they proved that by winning 2 trohies. Realistically they will probably pull away next year.

The belt. :lol:

Be class if they had a big boxing style belt that the manager of the defending champions wore on the sideline all season.

Would love that and a bit of tables ladders n chairs match between the top 5 managers.

Guest Brendan_Rice

Be class if they had a big boxing style belt that the manager of the defending champions wore on the sideline all season.

And the managers walked onto the pitch boxing style at the start of every game.

And weigh-in pre match.  :pardsgrin:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Momentum is key in any window. Last year with Cabaye and Ba in early it created a snowballing positive feeling.

We need to close a significangt deal in the next week

Guest Teaboy

And none of these predictable respectful platitudes at the pre-match press conferences. They would descend into one manager screaming that "the opposition is nothing but scum and we intend to murder them" as the other is forcibly restrained by minders as he attempts to windmill his opposite number.

Magic.