NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Or we are becoming an appealing club to join, potential with big crowds......if its about wage packet obviously we are out but if it isn't then we are in with a good chance.

By all accounts we're in with a very good chance yes... if we're even bothered at the fee Lille will want after the Euros. It's just the way some seem to think they know what he's like personally that I find ridiculous. He won't do this, he'll want to do this, he's not a mercenary kind of guy, he'll want to play alongside his mate rather than take more money etc etc. It's pretty cringeworthy IMO. :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Or we are becoming an appealing club to join, potential with big crowds......if its about wage packet obviously we are out but if it isn't then we are in with a good chance.

By all accounts we're in with a very good chance yes... if we're even bothered at the fee Lille will want after the Euros. It's just the way some seem to think they know what he's like personally that I find ridiculous. He won't do this, he'll want to do this, he's not a mercenary kind of guy, he'll want to play alongside his mate rather than take more money etc etc. It's pretty cringeworthy IMO. :lol:

Very true that, play alongside my mate stuff, that is a bonus for him. If he isn't looking for daft money and we can agree a fee for him, then it'll be how attractive our club is, how ambitious, training facilities, ground and following, Europa League will help.

They tick all the boxes, then you can throw in his mates experiences here, and the other French players, but only after the other lot imo.

From the Guardian:

A right-back will also join [Chelsea], with Lille's Mathieu Debuchy – impressing with France at Euro 2012 – and César Azpilicueta of Marseille under consideration. There is tentative interest, too, in the Newcastle winger Hatem Ben Arfa. The playing staff are due to start returning for pre-season training at Cobham from 4 July, with the squad travelling to Seattle for a two-week tour on 14 July, by which time Di Matteo would hope to have his new recruits integrated into the club.

Urgh.

Guest MrSundlofer

If I was a professional footballer and one of my best friends played for, lets say Lazio (qualified for the Europa League) and they had shown strong interest in me I would be interested in joining them... But if, lets say Bayern München, Manchester United and Valencia (all qualified for the Champions League) wanted to sign me and offered me the chance to play against some of the best teams in Europe and in the Champions League I would be very interested. Basically, I wouldn't rule out Debuchy signing for another club  :lol:

However, our strong interest, Cabaye, our other French players, our current league position and some media reports like Mathieu Debuchy keen on a move to Newcastle United - is a mix of why he could sign for us.

From the Guardian:

A right-back will also join [Chelsea], with Lille's Mathieu Debuchy – impressing with France at Euro 2012 – and César Azpilicueta of Marseille under consideration. There is tentative interest, too, in the Newcastle winger Hatem Ben Arfa. The playing staff are due to start returning for pre-season training at Cobham from 4 July, with the squad travelling to Seattle for a two-week tour on 14 July, by which time Di Matteo would hope to have his new recruits integrated into the club.

Urgh.

Fuck you, Abramovich. Seriously, fuck you.

From the Guardian:

Urgh.

f*** you, Abramovich. Seriously, f*** you.

fuck off cunt club!

Guest Roger Kint

From the Daily Giggs:

Urgh.

FYP

£18 while not enough for him, seems too big for it to be some derisory offer. Worried they really do want him and will up the money at will.

Times reckon we would want a minimum of 26m, i personally hope its all bullshit tbh.

Hypothetical:

He does leave, we get the 26 million we're 'holding out' for .....who would people see as  an adequate replacement? Personally, I haven't a clue

Obertan.

Hypothetical:

He does leave, we get the 26 million we're 'holding out' for .....who would people see as  an adequate replacement? Personally, I haven't a clue

Younes Belhanda.

Is he a similar type player? Heard a lot about him but never seen him play

Despite never seeing him play I had him down as more of a cabaye type player, for no reason whatsoever :lol:

Hypothetical:

Why even ask the question, man?

Tbf the same article said we want a "minimum" of 26m.... who says we wont hold out for more if its a minimum of 26m?

In any case i cant think of anyone of the top of my head as like for like goes.... we would probably have to get a different type of player who could do a similar job ( as far as effectiveness goes) but not as talented.

Belhanda is a playmaker, a #10 etc etc i dont think he could do a job outwide.