NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

So basically it sounds like any deal will be done on a "good deal" basis, and not on improving the squad or filling a gap that badly needs filled because its a top ten squad that can deliver, as is.

It's always been that way tbf.

Didn't they "learn their lesson" though? :facepalm:

So basically it sounds like any deal will be done on a "good deal" basis, and not on improving the squad or filling a gap that badly needs filled because its a top ten squad that can deliver, as is.

The person who said that was forced out.

Oh, I know that, but it runs against what Pardew had been saying/wanting etc, this only puts it to bed in unequivocal terms.

JFK 1 -0 Pards, a result from SJP

The person who said that was forced out.

I know. Can't be learning lessons now can't we..? :lol:

Oh, I know that, but it runs against what Pardew had been saying/wanting etc, this only puts it to bed in unequivocal terms.

Wait, we scored!?

I mean its ridiculous, I don't object to the concept of buying on the basis of looking for good deals per se but it must be always on the basis of what the squad and manager says we need not "this is a good deal but not what we need or you asked for, enjoy!" Its a recipe for disaster and frankly we deserve relegation for such stupid thinking.

Wait, we scored!?

:lol: no mate, JFK has scored and he doesn't fall under "we"

An injury to the already out of sorts Cisse and we will be in more than a bit of trouble. I can see JFK's point though - we create so much and score so many goals it is not necessary to spend Ashley's hard-earned. Our injury record is also great...

Seriously, I don't gamble, but if we don't get anyone in and let Cabaye leave as it currently appears to be going down, I would seriously consider gamblng a tidy sum on us going down this season.

I'll be straight to the bookies in the vain hope my atrocious luck would avert it

I think we'll spend if/when Cabaye goes, although on who/what is anyone's guess.

It wouldn't even surprise me if we agree a deal with Arsenal and ask them to wait for the last day of the transfer window to finalise it, so they can claim they didn't have enough time to attract a replacement/reinvest the money, such is my distrust of them.