January transfer aperture ceases to exist!

Benwell Lad
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest icemanblue

Strange post. See no reason to believe that as it stands.

:lol: How is it strange, like? It's a gut feeling, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

That'll be why it's strange i guess.

How's that then? :lol:

Youve stated someone is going, however there is no eveidence to support your post.

Ah right, sorry. I'll remember to include sources next time I post a personal opinion. :lol:

I think krul is the most likely to leave but can't see spurs pushing the boat out in january, especially since they have friedel. As some have mentioned, I can't see the african lads leaving during the ACON. After that who is there? Coloccini? Now that would be a surprise given that we are short of centre halves already.

I think krul is the most likely to leave but can't see spurs pushing the boat out in january, especially since they have friedel. As some have mentioned, I can't see the african lads leaving during the ACON. After that who is there? Coloccini? Now that would be a surprise given that we are short of centre halves already.

If Forster is going to Celtic then I can't see us selling Krul.

Strange post. See no reason to believe that as it stands.

:lol: How is it strange, like? It's a gut feeling, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

That'll be why it's strange i guess.

How's that then? :lol:

Well just because you've said someone's definitely going but it's not based on anything other than a hunch.

We wont sell anyone in January and this includes Krul, Coloccini, Santon, Tiote, Cabaye, Ba and Ben Arfa.

You can quote me on that.

Agreed (out of those)...and I'll be in on the quote, too O0

Yh i did mean the big ones, id look quite stupid if i said we wont sell anyone considering we have all but sold Forster to Celtic  :lol:

Isn't it a bit difficult to sort out last-day transfers when ten teams are playing that night?

Exactly, remember a few years ago we played Villa on the 31st (won 3-1, under Roeder) and there was absolutely nothing happening for any club on the transfer front, it was one of the dullest ever. Expect something similar this year.

In general it's been a very dull window. Cisse, Henry, Darron Gibson..... Can't really think of any other headline grabbing deals. They should just sack off the month long window and just make it a few days.

I booked the day off. Don't ask why, probs just sit in front of skysportsnews sh*****g myself all day. Id rather us sign no one, and let no one go; than sign someone, and let any of our big guns go. As they say in 'Sean Of The Dead', lets go the pub, and wait for all this to blow over.

Can't see anyone forking out the £15m+ it would surely take to get Krul. Goalkeepers just aren't that valuable and the top teams already have decent enough ones.

But they are, and we (Spurs) don't. If you think Krul is excellent, then you'd expect him to be your keeper for at least five years, maybe even ten. 15M is reasonable, to me it's more surprising that sides haven't paid that much before. You can't tell me Reina for 8.5M (or whatever Liverpool paid) wasn't an absolute steal.

This is a world where Liverpool paid more than 15M each for Henderson, Downing, Carroll, Glen Johnson and Suarez (fair enough). You can't convince me that 15M or so is too much of an ask for any keeper.

Can't see anyone forking out the £15m+ it would surely take to get Krul. Goalkeepers just aren't that valuable and the top teams already have decent enough ones.

But they are, and we (Spurs) don't. If you think Krul is excellent, then you'd expect him to be your keeper for at least five years, maybe even ten. 15M is reasonable, to me it's more surprising that sides haven't paid that much before. You can't tell me Reina for 8.5M (or whatever Liverpool paid) wasn't an absolute steal.

This is a world where Liverpool paid more than 15M each for Henderson, Downing, Carroll, Glen Johnson and Suarez (fair enough). You can't convince me that 15M or so is too much of an ask for any keeper.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goalkeeper_%28association_football%29#Highest_fees

5 of the top 9 most expensive keepers were bought in 2011. I think the days of them being undervalued might be coming to an end. A good keeper is worth their weight in gold and the longevity of their careers surely makes them even bigger bargains?