January transfer aperture ceases to exist!

Benwell Lad
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think that if Zaha leaves tomorrow, we'll at least bid for him.

Can see him being our last minute scramble but just missing the deadline player actually.

We've found ourselves the next nailed on phantom bid.

Not getting a CB renders the window a failure.

Agreed. We will be playing with fire again even after being burnt during the games after Saylor got injured. We had a month to plug the gap but thus far that aint happened. Cannot believe that we going to assume Colo and Willo will be available for every game for the rest of the season. It has been proven that if we lose either one of them, we are hopeless in defence  :frantic:

Massive risk !

Not getting a CB renders the window a failure.

Agreed. We will be playing with fire again even after being burnt during the games after Saylor got injured. We had a month to plug the gap but thus far that aint happened. Cannot believe that we going to assume Colo and Willo will be available for every game for the rest of the season. It has been proven that if we lose either one of them, we are hopeless in defence  :frantic:

Massive risk !

Hmm, well we wont get relegated... touch wood.... The club didn't want to sign loan players and the long term targets for a CB position were either priced out of a move or didn't want to come.... don't think there is much more that could have been done really. Would love to see kadar blooded before putting perch mind you

Still a bit haunted off last January deadline day, but fingers crossed. Not getting a centre back would be suicide but they have a track record of defying logic on deadline day :(

I still think Mariappa will leave Watford and we'd obviously be keeping an eye on events.

Oh and one request.....don't let this thread get massive - I'm at work til 7 and catching up on 50-60 pages of obscure footballers signing for Championship sides isn't exactly exciting ;D

Still a bit haunted off last January deadline day, but fingers crossed. Not getting a centre back would be suicide but they have a track record of defying logic on deadline day :(

I still think Mariappa will leave Watford and we'd obviously be keeping an eye on events.

Oh and one request.....don't let this thread get massive - I'm at work til 7 and catching up on 50-60 pages of obscure footballers signing for Championship sides isn't exactly exciting ;D

:yao:

i reckon we'll sign mariappa and have a failed late bid for zaha or clyne. maybe i'm stupid/naive/glutton for punishment but i just can't see us ending the window having failed to sign a centre-half, it's just too important to fill the gap there.

i reckon we'll sign mariappa and have a failed late bid for zaha or clyne. maybe i'm stupid/naive/glutton for punishment but i just can't see us ending the window having failed to sign a centre-half, it's just too important to fill the gap there.

Was going to post the same. Think we will wait until the summer for Clyne but can see us bidding on Zaha tmrw if others are coming for him. Considering our priority coming into this window has been to get defensive cover in, it would be insane if we don't even manage a loan deal. That said its probably the exact reason why we will end up with fuck all.