Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Bruno against Brentford one of my favorites this year :love:

And Wilson V Villa.

It's a thought though,  We don't seem to score many headers while being a supposed physically big team. Do we score fewer headers than most ?

2 minutes ago, madras said:

And Wilson V Villa.

It's a thought though,  We don't seem to score many headers while being a supposed physically big team. Do we score fewer headers than most ?

I kind of expected Burn to be good with his head from set pieces etc, but heading is probably his worst asset :lol:

20 minutes ago, Klaus said:

I kind of expected Burn to be good with his head from set pieces etc, but heading is probably his worst asset :lol:

We're a huge side, one of the biggest I can ever remember in my lifetime - Burn, Schar, Botman, Joelinton, all 6ft+ and with them we should be way more threatening from set pieces than we've been most of the season.

7 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Papiss Cisse, man. What a story. From world class striker stats for six months to being unable to hit a cows arse with a banjo.

I still loved him.

Such a myth 🙂 And that’s not counting goals wrongly disallowed for offside.

3 hours ago, LionOfGosforth said:

We're a huge side, one of the biggest I can ever remember in my lifetime - Burn, Schar, Botman, Joelinton, all 6ft+ and with them we should be way more threatening from set pieces than we've been most of the season.

Set pieces I dunno, but it is frustrating.

As for open play, not a single one of our wingers can put in a cross to save their life, so that's probably that mystery solved.

3 hours ago, Klaus said:

I kinda remember perhaps a Brighton fan came on here when Burn was signing and said he was better with his feet than his head.

Will always love papiss, So frustrating at times, but you couldnt hate him because he was such a likable fella. Would go from wondering to how he was a professional footballer to pulling out something worldclass in the same breath haha.

On 25/10/2016 at 00:45, BlackandWhite said:

Reading some old posts from when he was on insane form it all seems a little cringe worthy now how much people were pulling their plums off given how shit he turned out to be, but would of been understandable at the time.

Such a shame he lost his confidence from whatever happened to him in the summer of 2012. Honestly think Pardew is deserves a lot of blame for ruining a very promising striker. He tried to change him as a player. We had a lethal finisher, a goal poacher of the highest order, someone who played the entire match lurking around the opponents box just waiting and waiting for any chance. Then Pardew started demanding more from him from a defensive point of view. Start trying to get him to track back and totally changed the man's game even start playing him on the wing at one point. If we had a proper class manager in charge like we do now he would have continued to be a success I have no doubt. But Pardew ruined him and ruined him good. He's been damaged goods now for 4 years but least he's got a nice pension in China.

It also didn’t help Pardew not subbing him and asking him to play WB whilst limping as he’d broken his kneecap 🙂

On 03/02/2023 at 00:25, toon25 said:

Papiss Cisse, man. What a story. From world class striker stats for six months to being unable to hit a cows arse with a banjo.

I still loved him.

Always felt like he was a force of nature personally. We had Demba, Tiote, Hatem and Cabaye in the same side. It was like all of them came together to create a perfect storm, not sure any of them would have been great at different points in their career. And that fraud Pardew probably added 6 years to his managerial career on the back of it.

• 4 months later...
33 minutes ago, huss9 said:

What a diamond of a bloke. Very touching words about Tiote, too.

Would love to see some of these lads come back as traditional half time heroes and what have you. Would be great to give them some applause; providers of great moments during those lean times. 

On 02/02/2023 at 16:25, toon25 said:

I still loved him.

The period where he was just constantly offside nearly broke me [emoji38]

Will forever be gutted he didn't continue to hit the heights of those first 6 months. The way he came in and smashed it, and how he genuinely loved the city and the area, and that smile, it would have been something special for him to be a bit of a footballing legend for us. We didnt help him with the shocking managers we gave him, mind. 

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

What a diamond of a bloke. Very touching words about Tiote, too.

Would love to see some of these lads come back as traditional half time heroes and what have you. Would be great to give them some applause; providers of great moments during those lean times. 

on me personal list with Jonas, Kelly, Varadi, Kilcline, Withe, McCreery, Mira, O'Brien, Quinn, Lovelyhands, Taylor R, Ketsibia, Albert, and Robert off the top of me head fo various reasons, and but for RIP, Tiote,Hibbitt, Roeder and Pav

Edited by huss9

1 hour ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Will forever be gutted he didn't continue to hit the heights of those first 6 months. The way he came in and smashed it, and how he genuinely loved the city and the area, and that smile, it would have been something special for him to be a bit of a footballing legend for us. We didnt help him with the shocking managers we gave him, mind. 

:lol: Favorite Cisse memory is how he kept Pardew in a job every time it felt inevitable that he'd get the sack.