Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

He's got his qualities, but I don't think we should settle for him as our main man into the future and build a team around him. His all round game isn't good enough for where we're hoping to go and we should try to bring in someone better. If that means trading him in, then so be it.

Disagree. Build the team around him as your goal scorer and he'll score given the correct service.

Guest bimpy474

He's got his qualities, but I don't think we should settle for him as our main man into the future and build a team around him. His all round game isn't good enough for where we're hoping to go and we should try to bring in someone better. If that means trading him in, then so be it.

Disagree. Build the team around him as your goal scorer and he'll score given the correct service.

Some truth in this, we leave him so isolated that it shows him as someone who doesn't hold the ball up well (which he doesn't). Now get around him more and i think we would see the benefit. Would need a change of philosophy from our manager though.

You make it sound as if bringing in a better striker is like buying apples from Tesco. A striker with a better touch might not have anywhere near the same goal instinct. Outside the big money clubs, how many clubs can boast a better striker in the Prem?

We need another striker regardless and there's no reason if we buy the right one that we can fit them in the same set up.

Our reported no 1 target for example Aubameyang has 11 goals and 4 assists in 12 games this season from playing on the wing so there is no reason at all where we cannot fit someone like that in our set up and not effect Cisse in a negative manner.

I'm sure he's not the only one either, Cisse is the only one scoring goals we need more goalscorers in the team.

You talk about trading him? that would be idiotic as we need another forward anyway so then we would need two.

:lol: this coming from someone who genuinely rates Ameobi

Our best player, tbh. Definitely the one player in the squad who is most viable to play for a 'top' club.

NSIS

I'd have said Cabaye but while he disappeared over both legs Cisse turned up.

Why only consider the two matches with Benfica? How about the likes of Ben Arfa, Mbiwa, Cabaye (indeed) or Krul? If anything I'd say the big clubs will look at Cisse's lack of consistency and steer well clear.

Our best player, tbh. Definitely the one player in the squad who is most viable to play for a 'top' club.

NSIS

Cabaye would look the bees knees if he played for a club like Man U tbh. Cissé would get a ridiculous amount of goals for any good attacking team like.

NSIS

Why only consider the two matches with Benfica? How about the likes of Ben Arfa, Mbiwa, Cabaye (indeed) or Krul? If anything I'd say the big clubs will look at Cisse's lack of consistency and steer well clear.

Ben Arfa, too injury prone. Mbiwa, hasn't shown enough yet. Cabaye, too many times he has games like against Benfica.

Didn't think about Krul, maybe.

Cisse is the most likely, Bayern were strongly interested before he came here.

NSIS

Ben Arfa, too injury prone. Mbiwa, hasn't shown enough yet. Cabaye, too many times he has games like against Benfica.

I would put Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Sissoko, Yanga-Mbiwa and Krul as more likely to succeed at a top club.

Ben Arfa, Sissoko and Yanga-Mbiwa also had interest from a lot of clubs before coming here btw.

NSIS

Don't you think he wouldn't have games like that very often if he played for a manager who actually has a clue?

NSIS

Well, if I was the manager of a "top club" I would look at the chances Cisse missed in those two matches you conventiently use to discard Cabaye as a stronger candidate to succeed at a higher level and think his 'erraticness' may have cost us the tie..

I'm still a huge fan of his and think we miss the subtle things to his game massively when he's not available.

Dribbling is his Cabaye's biggest weakness as a player. Not that he needs to be Ben Arfa, but it costs him in many situations where he is unable to turn away from a player or take somebody out of the game. It means when he is outnumbered or the opposition press him particularly well he can look  a bit lost. Even more so in our side with a lack of movement and players not showing for passes to help him with an out that is more suited to his gane.