Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

If we sign Mitrovic then we have a really impressive looking forward line on paper. Cisse is twice the striker Austin is in my opinion, he's had one poor season in the past 5 or 6 and that was down entirely to poor management and his confidence being destroyed. Spending £15m on Austin and letting Cisse go for probably less that half of that seems a bit mental.

Wouldn't say that, Austin's goal record is far more impressive, albeit in poorer leagues. He's 4 years younger as well.

If we sign Mitrovic then we have a really impressive looking forward line on paper. Cisse is twice the striker Austin is in my opinion, he's had one poor season in the past 5 or 6 and that was down entirely to poor management and his confidence being destroyed. Spending £15m on Austin and letting Cisse go for probably less that half of that seems a bit mental.

Wouldn't say that, Austin's goal record is far more impressive, albeit in poorer leagues. He's 4 years younger as well.

Really though? Is Belgium any better than the championship (apart from a couple of teams)

I'd love to know which 2 these were. He kept us up in 12-13 with his goals in the second half of the season after the Ba nonsense in the first half. Hardly a 'bad' season.

10 goals in 60 PL appearances in the 2012-13 and 2013-14 seasons.

Really though? Is Belgium any better than the championship (apart from a couple of teams)

He's comparing Austin and Cisse

I'd love to know which 2 these were. He kept us up in 12-13 with his goals in the second half of the season after the Ba nonsense in the first half. Hardly a 'bad' season.

10 goals in 60 PL appearances in the 2012-13 and 2013-14 seasons.

As I've conceded before he's had 1 bad season in his time here. The other seasons point to him being as natural a goalscorer as we've ever had. Isn't his goals to minutes ratio even better than Shearer's? Impressive when you consider how shit the teams he's played in are.

He's comparing Austin and Cisse

:facepalm:

It's a risk even then. We'd still only have Perez as back-up (and/or would be forced into playing Riviere *shudder* or 1 up top all season).

If Cisse turns up next season he could score 20 goals. Or he may not and only score half a dozen, who knows? Either way it seems like a negative move for the sake of £8m or whatever it is.

It's a risk even then. We'd still only have Perez as back-up (and/or would be forced into playing Riviere *shudder* or 1 up top all season).

If Cisse turns up next season he could score 20 goals. Or he may not and only score half a dozen, who knows? Either way it seems like a negative move for the sake of £8m or whatever it is.

Maybe if we signed Austin and Mitrovic we could think about selling him if only because he's 30. I wouldn't though, his legs aren't about to fall off at that age, he's still good for probably 3 seasons at least.

If we had some midfielders who were capable of putting a quick ball through to him on one of his many offside trap runs then he would score shi#loads, the fact that we had ponderous plodders putting the ball through to him makes an argument as to why he hasn't scored as regularly as he should.

Would rather keep him if we are playing a pass based approach rather than hoofball based Pardle tactics...

His movement in general is class, I never mind forwards getting offside a lot. In particular he knows how to split the defenders on crosses and get a free strike away.

Good with his head too if you get the cross in early.

I think Cisse thrives off low crosses more than anything else. Agree in general though.

:thup:

I think we'll see a quicker brand of football, this season, and that'll be a big help. Too often over the last couple of years, our wide men have (slowly) received the ball in positions where our attackers are outnumbered in the box and midfielders generally don't want to get in the mix to create more space.

in the right team and with the right manager he can be as good/lethal as anyone we bring in.

Give him another season to prove that pardew is to blame for this drop of form.

Pardew is a fcking total gimp.