Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Ayoze is arguably our best player. You want to get the best out of him. IMO that's not as a lone striker. It's more important to get him playing at top level than have him fill a position. LAM or AM whatever - let's just get the lad on the ball as much as possible. Build the team around him that way.

There's no argument about it, Ayoze Perez is our best player by a country mile.

The Toon boss has warned his players that no-one is safe in the wake of their woeful 2-0 defeat at West Ham which sent them to the foot of the table without a league win this season.

Newcastle host Watford tomorrow having made their worst start for a decade.

"After Monday, any player could be a bit worried," he said.

That's not true. The article mentions Thauvin, Cisse and Anita, but no mention of the ginger Pirlo in there so looks like some players are in fact undroppable.

Ayoze is arguably our best player. You want to get the best out of him. IMO that's not as a lone striker. It's more important to get him playing at top level than have him fill a position. LAM or AM whatever - let's just get the lad on the ball as much as possible. Build the team around him that way.

Not according to our official poll he isn't.... Stupid everyone else voted for Gini.

Not according to our official poll he isn't.... Stupid everyone else voted for Gini.

And our manager of course, who has only started him in one (?) of 5 league games so far.

I'm not so sure he's definitely our best player ( Perez) but he's definitely the most consistent and so far our other talented players haven't shown it consistently like he does.

I'm pretty sure that Gini, De Jong, Sissoko, Thauvin etc etc are capable of high level things like Perez does but as of right now they are not as consistent. ( bit unfair on Thauvin as he's played like two games as well as De Jong)

Also i do agree with TCD in general, but without Mitrovic i would play him upfront because to be frank i believe there's enough talent around him in attacking areas so he's not isolated. It all comes back to Wijnaldum playing CM and making sure that Anita/Colback is no more. I don't see why De Jong, Thauvin, Sissoko/Aarons wouldn't support him sufficiently enough and unlike Cisse he can at least control the ball and escape in tight spaces.

It's not ideal sure but it's a damn sight better than what Cisse showed against West Ham, failing that we could always try De Jong upfront as his movement and intelligence is extremely good and he's already shown an ability to hold the ball up.

I must admit I am pretty disgusted with him. We all knew his failings at leading the line but he used to have some desire which compensated for a lot.

And then the stories that came out of Africa about how he used to drive an ambulance (or similar?) and you got the impression he was a diamond of a human being.

His recent behaviour destroys all that.

Totally uninterested today. He wouldn't even charge the keeper down some of the time and others had to fill in and do it for him as he just stood there.