Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

The shot at the end was awful, yes. Until then he was just unlucky, with Federici being fantastic.

The header I can maybe give as a good Federici save but the shot from the cross that Federici saved should have been buried. His second half chance he had so much time and completely fluffed it.

Cisse is just a significantly inferior footballer to Ba. He has extremely impressive predatory finishing skills when he's confident, but even then offers almost nothing else. Right now, his lack of self-belief has taken away his finishing, and he still offers nothing else. There is definitely a place for him on this team, but he's been "off-form" all season now, which is the majority of his career here.

Not a problem at all today IMO (late shot over aside). If we'd continued to feed him like we had up to half time, he'd have scored at least one.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to turn on our own players, but to suggest the one striker we depend upon to fire us to safety missing four big chances in a match we eventually lose against relegation rivals is "not a problem at all" is a bit odd.. :lol:

Not a problem at all today IMO (late shot over aside). If we'd continued to feed him like we had up to half time, he'd have scored at least one.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to turn on our own players, but to suggest the one striker we depend upon to fire us to safety missing four big chances in a match we eventually lose against relegation rivals is "not a problem at all" is a bit odd.. :lol:

Well obviously I'd have rather he scored those chances, but apart from the one he blasted over (that I acknowledged in my post) I don't really see what else he could have done on the others. Header was a magnificent save, contact on the volley was probably too perfect and the cross from Debuchy was smothered well. He didn't score, but it doesn't mean he was poor. Sometimes you've just got to admit that the opposition goalkeeper had a great game.

The real problem was how easy he had it in the second half.

Well obviously I'd have rather he scored those chances, but apart from the one he blasted over (that I acknowledged in my post) I don't really see what else he could have done on the others. Header was a magnificent save, contact on the volley was probably too perfect and the cross from Debuchy was smothered well. He didn't score, but it doesn't mean he was poor. Sometimes you've just got to admit that the opposition goalkeeper had a great game.

Spot on Dave

The volley and the header were instinctive, first touch finishes indicative of the kind of striker he is. I think maybe another (type of) striker would have controlled the ball for the volley to give himself more time. Both finishes were straight at the 'keeper though, whether that is unlucky or not I don't know, but last season he didn't miss many of those and they would have gone straight in the top corner.

The one on one after that excellent cross from Debuchy I feel he should definitely have done better as he had plenty of time. Yes, Frederici came out early, but he could have slipped it past him, chipped it over him or even took the ball around him.

The chance in the dying seconds of the game was just a terrible lack of composure.

Put it this way, I don't think Ba would have been so "unlucky" today and would probably have got away with at least one goal against these.