Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

This club seems to be turning more spiteful by the day. It's been a disasterous few weeks. :(

I say fair play to Cisse for sticking to his principles, if it turns out to be true. NUFC turning into such a detestable club, even for it's own supporters.

should have ripped the barclays logo off his top last season then.

Haven't read the article but could this just be he is due back tomorrow/tuesday and is behind the others who have been training for the last week and about to go to Scotland to face Motherwell so while they do that he does fitness work on his own.

Quite probably. They left a few who were behind at home a few years ago when we did that training camp in Ireland.

That said, if the article is correct and it is about the Wonga thing then we're a fucking pathetic shambles, again. Knowing us we'll probably swap him for Bent cos he's also training on his own, great deal and that. :lol:

Very easy story to make up, but then again that was said about the whole dispute thing in the first place.

The club is all over the place right now.

That's the worrying thing. Loads of bullshit coming from Kinnear and Pardew - nothing from the owner, bodies being shipped out and no-one coming in. It's hard to see anything beyond a relegation fight, at this moment in time.

The club is dying again, IMO. Not far off from what happened when KK walked. :(

Very easy story to make up, but then again that was said about the whole dispute thing in the first place.

That's the worrying thing. Loads of bullshit coming from Kinnear and Pardew - nothing from the owner, bodies being shipped out and no-one coming in. It's hard to see anything beyond a relegation fight, at this moment in time.

But fair play to Cisse, you stick to those principles mate

Having now read the article, surely Cisse will have been in for the gym-based tests that all the players had last week? He'll have missed those cos he was on extended leave. There's nee fucking quotes or anything.

But fair play to Cisse, you stick to those principles mate

It says more about the owner and management than Cisse.

Fantastic. Let's alienate our only striker.

I've never been this 'meh' about a new season starting. We're utterly riddled with aids. Kill me now.

I laughed out loud at this, I think it might be a case of "it's funny because it's true" unfortunately  :(

They have got some major work to do in the next week or so to undo the negativity they have created. They might surpass themselves though and get even worse. Maybe Monkey's Heed will join the coaching staff. Nothing surprises me anymore.

Use this as an excuse to push him toward the door and sell for a lot more than we paid for him, buy Bent for <£5m to replace.

We don't even need to guess who wins again.

Madras, Kanoute and there is also another example (I forget now) of a player who both were allowed to wear a shirt with the logo of their favourite charity by their respective clubs, instead of alienating them and telling them to train on their own (that's IF this story is even fucking true, sounds like bollocks to me). It would not be earth-shattering or leave the entire league in limbo, as you're assuming it might. It's really not a fucking big deal unless the club chooses to make it one.

Lowndsy, of course there is going to be hypocrisy, this is fucking RELIGION we're talking about, texts writ in water being treated as gospel by followers thousands of years later, the longest running Chinese-Telephone game in history. The non-religious simply would do what we've always done to accommodate the demands of the religious, tolerate. And provide an environment where they can carry out their beliefs, as long as they're not harmful to society.

If Cisse chooses to gamble one night, and demand prayer space next day to repent for his sins, this is the way the world has always worked. There shouldn't be anything to even see here, but it seems like the media and possibly the club have made this a bigger issue than it needs to be.

As our only real, decent striker, we should be treating this lad with white gloves.

Use this as an excuse to push him toward the door and sell for a lot more than we paid for him, buy Bent for <£5m to replace.

We don't even need to guess who wins again.

Yep, don't really need to go much further than this tbh.

If he'd objected to wearing the Virgin Money logo on religious grounds, that might have some credibility, given the Muslim beliefs around usury. But if he wears the Virgin Money logo but not Wonga, he's singling them out on moral grounds. If he's allowed not to wear their logo, it gives the message that Wonga are a morally dodgy organisation, and I can see the objection on Wonga and the club's part. The religious objection, in his particular case, lacks credibility, given his previous behaviour.

TBH, I think he wants to move.

I'm sticking to my initial theory of him being late back from internationals leave and having those gym-based fitness tests till I see quotes or evidence of him training alone every single day.