Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Great goal, and looked lively aside from that.

I'm still not convinced in any way that Pardew has any idea how to play him and Ba together though, other than to chuck them both in the team and expect it to work.

Was very disappointed with his attempt for the one-on-one, expected him to do a lot better (i.e. beat the keeper).

Cracking finish for the 1st though

Was a cracking save I thought

Thought he let the defence catch up with him/keeper close him down too soon. The ball from Jonas was inch perfect but he didn't seem to want to commit to the decision - put it this way, Owen would have made his mind up to take it round the keeper or to curl it past him before the ball had reached him, Cisse still seemed caught in two minds and ended up trying to knock it past the keeper when Ruddy had done a good job of closing down the space.

Encouraging to see that he's still very much rough around the edges, would be fantastic to see him develop into his potential with us :)

Great goal, and looked lively aside from that.

I'm still not convinced in any way that Pardew has any idea how to play him and Ba together though, other than to chuck them both in the team and expect it to work.

:lol:

That is so true, he is searching for what will work with them both, when really just picking them and letting gain an understanding/partnership may just be the best way.

Ba has been a bot out of sorts since the ACON and now having to build a new partnership is taking away from what was working for him, I have enough faith in both players ability though, I am sure both with be a formidable force soon enough.

Pards should worry more anout working out how to get them service from midfield

Was very disappointed with his attempt for the one-on-one, expected him to do a lot better (i.e. beat the keeper).

Thought he let the defence catch up with him/keeper close him down too soon. The ball from Jonas was inch perfect but he didn't seem to want to commit to the decision - put it this way, Owen would have made his mind up to take it round the keeper or to curl it past him before the ball had reached him, Cisse still seemed caught in two minds and ended up trying to knock it past the keeper when Ruddy had done a good job of closing down the space.

Encouraging to see that he's still very much rough around the edges, would be fantastic to see him develop into his potential with us :)

:lol: Good player that Owen fella, predatory.

Cisse should've put his laces through it IMO, through the keeper or make him work rather than a relatively comfortable stop in the end.

Was one of the criticisms from Germany not that he would often miss a fair few chances? I seem to remember this being mentioned when we bought him. As long as he keeps banging them in like today's goal though I'm not arsed if he misses a couple of sitters here and there.

Cisse should've put his laces through it IMO, through the keeper or make him work rather than a relatively comfortable stop in the end.

The Owen of NUFC would have hit it timidly at the goalkeeper AND broken his ankle in the process. Useless cunt.

On what i've seen so far, great movement and good at finding space. Razor sharp when he has no time to think about it and a bit less potent when he does.

3 in his first 5 now? He's a f***ing striker this lad like.

Spot on with the time to think comment

The Owen of NUFC would have hit it timidly at the goalkeeper AND broken his ankle in the process. Useless c***.

And then defend the miss in the local media with no mention of the fact it contributed to us getting relegated.

A wonderful finish and a goal worthy of winning any game. Top quality striker.

Should probably have notched a second when put through by Jonas but as said above every great striker misses chances, fortunately they also score plenty of goals.

Similar to the Villa game, he had quite a few chances/half chances to score, but only got the one.  I think the fact he's getting into these positions is really promising and I don't think he'll ever be ruthless like Ba, more of a 1 every 3 or 4 chances type of player.  Think it was Redknapp who was saying he's more of an instinctive finisher and isn't as good when he's got time.  He's clearly made an assumption on the spot, but he might actually be right.  All 3 of his goals to date have been on the spot, split second decisions.  Might be a coincidence mind you.

I read somewhere he was offside a lot in Germany, but he timed his runs to perfection yesterday, really impressed by him.

Great movement, lively, link up play is slowly getting there and he looks a real goal getter.  Not had a striker with his ability to get in behind for a long while and so far he's looking like a great buy.

Now if we could just find out how to use him properly and stop punting it and hoping....