sunderland

JH

When is Ellis Short going to get bored of giving them thirty mill a year?

When they go into administration. Here's a question that I should probably put in the daft football questions thread, but, most football clubs are in a lot of debt, certainly the ones in the PL. They're in this debt because obviously their owners have taken out loans rather than paying from their own pocket. Since the financial meltdown do we know if banks are still as willing to loan money to clubs?

A lot of clubs, the owner has lent the money to the club.

So, Villa's debts are all to Randy Lerner, which means that should he sell the club, those injections of cash will show as loans which still need to be paid back, which is as it should be.

Clubs who go and borrow money from commercial sources are really asking for it.

Probably the last throw of the dice by him, if this doesn't go well it'll be interesting what his next course of action is.

Think they are the most improved team of the window, cannot see how it can go too badly, unless they are really unlucky with injuries, so I think we will see a much improved challenge from them, but as we know things on paper don't always translate to the pitch.

So, Villa's debts are all to Randy Lerner, which means that should he sell the club, those injections of cash will show as loans which still need to be paid back, which is as it should be.

Thanks a lot for clearing that up, makes the whole 'generous owner' tag look a whole lot different

When they go into administration. Here's a question that I should probably put in the daft football questions thread, but, most football clubs are in a lot of debt, certainly the ones in the PL. They're in this debt because obviously their owners have taken out loans rather than paying from their own pocket. Since the financial meltdown do we know if banks are still as willing to loan money to clubs?

Just means if the club is struggling it's almost impossible to sell at correct Market value, though are not in any real danger of administration to to the loans from the owners.

Manure however...

Cuellar in, Turner out

Johnson in, Richardson out

Fletcher in, Bendtner out

Saha in

Think they must have had some money left from Gyan's exit last year.  They have definitely improved but it hardly looks like the giant strides required for a team without a win in 9. The annual 'set the transfer window alight' celebrations are as misplaced as ever.

They've had a very good window tbh.

Really?

Fletcher is a bog standard PL striker they've paid well over the top for. Johnson is decent, if erratic.

Cuellar is really about as average as it gets at RB (which is where he'll play mos tof the season).

Saha is about 72 years old, and frail

Guest Roger Kint

Someone on FB is claiming they are talking to Dempsey as its on SSn, anyone seen that as theres nowt on while i was watching the last hour  ???

Guest Roger Kint

Someone on FB is claiming they are talking to Dempsey as its on SSn, anyone seen that as theres nowt on while i was watching the last hour  ???

Sky mentioned it earlier today but local journalists say it's old news and that they're no longer interested.

Aye thats what everyone online is saying, typical mackems giving it the 'beware of us' bollocks :lol:

I'd say even the Eastbourne Over 65's ladies team are far happier with their transfer window than we are with ours.

I reckon there'd have been more chance of Carroll being allowed to go there instead of us :)

Not too far from Lille either for Debuchy. They'll be disappointed not to have landed him actually.

Just the 6 or 7 threads on RTG about tonight's match in a mickey-mouse non-event worthless competition that they definitely don't want any part of. This has to be my favourite though:

Just looking at the games taking place tonight and seeing the expected crowds I have to admit I am happier being in our position. I'd much rather what we have signing the players we have and keeping them as fresh as we can for the games we are involved in.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=726990

Translation:

"A fox tried to reach some grapes hanging high on the vine but was unable to, although he leaped with all his strength. As he went away, the fox remarked, 'Oh, you aren't even ripe yet! I don't need any sour grapes.' People who speak disparagingly of things that they cannot attain would do well to apply this story to themselves" Aesop, Greece (that's in Europe mackems)

On paper they have a very decent quartet in McClean, Johnson, Sessegnon and Fletcher. Their centre midfield however is devoid of footballing ability and their defence is mediocre. They'll probably finish 9th/10th.

Guest neesy111

The amount of Sunderland related chants today made me think some of our fans hate them more than they love us :lol:

It's cringeworthy stuff from our part.