sunderland

JH

I can't fucking stand it when other fans/sunderland/pundits label us as deluded. It's absolutely shocking journalism and lack of insight. You speak to the majority of toon fans and they're negative as fuck. Right now, we're joint fourth on points and still most people think we'll end up 5th/6th. I'm not the kind of fan who gets carried away, I always try to judge things objectively and I'm not the type of fan who rubs other people's noses in it when we do well. most of my toon mates have the same attitude, I don't know how this myth of delusion still circulates

I can't fucking stand it when other fans/sunderland/pundits label us as deluded. It's absolutely shocking journalism and lack of insight. You speak to the majority of toon fans and they're negative as fuck. Right now, we're joint fourth on points and still most people think we'll end up 5th/6th. I'm not the kind of fan who gets carried away, I always try to judge things objectively and I'm not the type of fan who rubs other people's noses in it when we do well. most of my toon mates have the same attitude, I don't know how this myth of delusion still circulates

At least half of it is down to the mugs that the media commonly show on TV. The rest is probably down to the mugs who can't recognise sarcasm and/or irony.

I'm only 3 pages in, will have to read the rest tonight.

Other highlights so far:

But let's hope we don't end up acting like knobs like that did under keegan. They were full of "barca are our rivals now, we're not bothered about you lot".

This is a good time to be a Sunderland supporter.  :D

Exactly, same way i see it as well. They acted like arrogant in the mid 90s which i remind them about constantly, their Chav support also doubled in size.... I just hope some of our lot don't do the same.

There like bairns who cant see there mates with better toys.

They've just signed Mehdi Abeid from Lens. Does Pardew only have one scout?

Fair points made, but many of you are deluded, (mates of mine included). I hope in a few years you won't be calling us the same.

A mag at work yesterday actually came up to me and congatulated me on our recent signings and said we'd done some very business while making vast improvements to our already decent squad.

I rubbed my eyes in amazement

People are just very pleased that we're signing quality young players and building a team for a 5th successive season in the Premier League ..... I think it's you that's getting carried away :wink:

They genuinely believed that Ji, Gardner & the Man U Geriatrics were going to transform them into a serious force. Not even a year later and the "green with envy mags" are looking good for the Champions League whilst they will be lucky to finish in the top 10 :lol:

Absolutely astounding, I just cannot get my head around it.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

A mag at work yesterday actually came up to me and congatulated me on our recent signings and said we'd done some very business while making vast improvements to our already decent squad.

Such nonsense :lol:

"Morning pal. Congratulations on your recent signings. You've done some very good business while making vast improvements to your already decent squad!" :lol:

I can't f***ing stand it when other fans/sunderland/pundits label us as deluded. It's absolutely shocking journalism and lack of insight. You speak to the majority of toon fans and they're negative as f***. Right now, we're joint fourth on points and still most people think we'll end up 5th/6th. I'm not the kind of fan who gets carried away, I always try to judge things objectively and I'm not the type of fan who rubs other people's noses in it when we do well. most of my toon mates have the same attitude, I don't know how this myth of delusion still circulates

I never understood that either, iam from London but have been to alot of games at St James in my life time and have some friends and family in Newcastle and i have never, not once met what would i call a delusional fan.

As you rightly pointed out majority of us a negative w*nkers  :lol: i myself am the same.

Villa, Spurs,Liverpool and Sunderland etc etc are delusional not us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHonestMag View Post

16,879 lowest average attendance in 1990-1991 which is about 50% more than you state.

Following year it was 30,000 and the previous year is was about 21,000 and for a 3rd division side is very respectable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1990%E2...ed_F.C._season

could be the lad was referring to the 7,000 you got against wrexham for a top flight game. no doubts every club has a few embarrassing ones over time.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=691356&page=3#ixzz1rvKTL0GL

When were Wrexham a top flight club ? Shit for fucking brains mackem cock.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishboy

if you go to the victory club after the match thiers about 8 of us upstairs beside the dart board, couple from sunderland, loads from gatesheeeeed, and two, sometimes three from newcastle, all season ticket holders. we welcome anyone one in red'n'white.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=691356&page=4#ixzz1rvOzMo4K

Mackem maths:

8 – 2 – 2 (or sometimes 3) = "loads"

Im guessing the same haphazard logic is used in calculating their attendance.

ST Holders X £5 deals + free school tickets - the recently deceased   =  Loads

The North Sea

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishboy

if you go to the victory club after the match thiers about 8 of us upstairs beside the dart board, couple from sunderland, loads from gatesheeeeed, and two, sometimes three from newcastle, all season ticket holders. we welcome anyone one in red'n'white.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=691356&page=4#ixzz1rvOzMo4K

Mackem maths:

8 – 2 – 2 (or sometimes 3) = "loads"

Im guessing the same haphazard logic is used in calculating their attendance.

ST Holders X £5 deals + free school tickets - the recently deceased   =  Loads

The North Sea

:lol:

gold