sunderland

JH

I expected a bit longer before they went through the final stages of MON rot, but they seem to have accelerated through it without the good bits. That said dunno if they've got crippling wage bills yet

Well the new financial results are due soon, and I presume they'll be grim reading. They lost seven million in the year up to July 2011, but that included the sales of Bent and Henderson. Operating loss was 31M. That's actually broadly in line with the previous two seasons, and in each of those their final losses were over 25M.

I don't know if Johnson and Fletcher will be included in this next set of figures or not, but even if not, I can't see the operating profit taking much of a leap up. If you throw in relegation this year, I think they will be in serious trouble. Not QPR levels of serious, but serious enough.

He's having a calculated dig at the board there with those quotes. Dangerous game given the dollar he's blown already.

Teddy's will be out of the pram soon between him and Lerner.

What did he say?

I imagine Lerner doesn't give a fuck.

He's having a calculated dig at the board there with those quotes. Dangerous game given the dollar he's blown already.

Teddy's will be out of the pram soon between him and Lerner.

What did he say?

I imagine Lerner doesn't give a fuck.

Basically said QPR have more quality and a better squad depth citing his naming of 5 defenders on the bench as a reason.

This from the bloke that spanked £10m+ on Adam Johnson.

The current form table makes grim reading for these lot:

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2012-2013/form-table/full

Good to see us in CL form!

that form over remaining 9 games.

Newcastle    51

Swansea      50

Fulham        45

West ham    42

Norwich      43

Stoke          39

Villa            37

Qpr            35

Sthampton  35

Sunderland  33

Wigan        31

Reading      29

:lol:  thats all  ;)

They won't go down this season. That would be too sweet after the year we've had :lol:

Like ive said, I think they probably wont (unfortunately)- the point is thosas someone else said its going to be fun watching the meltdowns as nobody can argue they are going close with thier form, and up coming fixtures.

They won't go down this season. That would be too sweet after the year we've had :lol:

Like ive said, I think they probably wont (unfortunately)- the point is thosas someone else said its going to be fun watching the meltdowns as nobody can argue they are going close with thier form, and up coming fixtures.

If they lose to Norwich I might actually put money on them going down. That might be the most important game for them this season. If they lose they have a tough schedule and I can see morale being down against us as they could probably come into derby day with 3 straight losses and nine without 3points (if they lose to Norwich obviously). Then they would have to play Everton, then Villa who by that time will probably be playing for staying up. That said, a loss to Norwich could mean a meltdown and no win until their Stoke game at home and we all know how hard Stoke and Southampton are.

Basically a loss to Norwich and their season is in a great deal of danger in my opinion. They have some quality/decent players, but as for footballing mentality, they're like us a bit. They have none :lol:

They have some horrendous fixtures coming up. Love it.

they have but i think they can get enough points from their home games to get to safety. it could be scary for them mind as I think they'll get nothing from the 4 games after norwich.

They have some horrendous fixtures coming up. Love it.

they have but i think they can get enough points from their home games to get to safety. it could be scary for them mind as I think they'll get nothing from the 4 games after norwich.

as much as I want it, and enjoy the spectical. Mon has this knack of pulling out surprise/ unexpected results, and a run of 3 or four good results every now and then- If he cant, the fun will begin.

In some ways relegation could be a blessing for them. Go down, take stock and regroup.

Another year of Marty blowing Short's money and getting relegated anyway, which I think will happen next season, could be terminal.

Not really, the teams who come back up usually clear out the deadwood doing so, Sunderland would keep the deadwood and sell the fucking Oak furnishings. They have done it twice before and no doubt they will do it again. Heck not only would they keep the deadwood but they would buy more.