Newcastle United 2 - 1 Aston Villa - 05/02/12 - post-match reaction from page 43

Dave

Nerves over, I can now type my reactions to those goals...

:clears thought:

DEMBA!!!! HE'S BACK, THE BOY IS BACK, you fucking beauty!!!!  :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

:yikes:

HOLY SHIT, CISSE, WHAT A GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A FUCKING FINISH THAT WAS  :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

Shola just closed us the game out. Well played.

You're not allowed to say that man.

Yep. Can't lie I thought we needed someone to pick up there runners like a Gosling and crowd the midfield.

What Shola did was even better., Use his physique very well there. Wasn't even a foul either.

That should be his new role.

Guest Howaythetoon

That was tense. First half we were utter shit and they deserved their equaliser. Second half we were much much better and deserved the win. We still didn't play well as a team once again and it is getting beyond a joke now. But fucking hell we are 5th and have Demba back and scoring and a new number 9 who gets a goal on his debut. Happy days. By the way, we don't play good football but its miles better than the shite Villa play, they just hoof hoof hoof. I'd hate to watch that week in week out. Poor Brummie :lol:

Tough game. Villa played well as expected after their last two games, got to wonder how out of all 3 matches for them they didnt pick up a win.

Thought we were much better second half, controlled the game apart from the final 10 mins, which is to be expected. Obertan did well i thought, looked dangerous and productive, also trying to do a job tracking back. Great goal for Cisse, these two should be canny decent for us.  :lol:

Given got the right amount of stick, more ribbing than anything else, unlike Owen which also fitted that cunt nicely.

Overall great 3pts from a game I really wasnt confident of at all. with Tiote and Cabaye in there (no disrespect to Guthrie) I think it would have been an easy 3pts.

I'd be asking questions if I was a Villa fan like. They were a huge threat to our goal the entire first half and then the last 15mins. In between they were nowhere. We turned up our performance in that period as well like, but they were weird.

I'd be asking questions if I was a Villa fan like. They were a huge threat to our goal the entire first half and then the last 15mins. In between they were nowhere. We turned up our performance in that period as well like, but they were weird.

Why ask when you already know the answer? Emile Heskey for Charles N'Zogbia :lol:

Thought Perch and Guthrie did really well. Throw Cabaye and Tiote back into the fold and we're looking proper strong.

Awesome finish from Cisse, him and Ba seem to comppliment each other perfectly. Pace, touch, movement, must be a nightmare to play against.

Krul - 8. Kept us in it.

Simpson - 5. Hopeless in the first half, improved in the second by keeping the ball.

Williamson - 6. Ropey at times but comfortable by the end.

Coloccini - 7. Generally no problems.

Santon - 6. Okay. Needs to be on the right. Painfully obvious now.

Obertan - 7. Thought he had a good game, maybe his best. Took the pressure off and actually ran with the ball. Could've done better in the final third.

Guthrie - 8. Never stopped. Some nice passes and lots of fight.

Perch - 7. Ticked things over nicely. Improved in the second half.

Jonas - 6. Improved as it went on but wasteful and sloppy at times.

Ba - 7. Thought he looked rusty, but took his goal extremely well.

Cisse - 7. Ditto. He's going to be good. Wonderful goal.

Why ask when you already know the answer? Emile Heskey for Charles N'Zogbia :lol:

I was very relieved to see that change as well.

Full credit tp the whole team, especially to those squad players, e.g Taylor sacrifice himself for the goal, perch being a tackle machine , and willo for the crucial block. This win is massive. Villa actually play quite well but we are up to it.

Krul - 8. Kept us in it.

Simpson - 5. Hopeless in the first half, improved in the second by keeping the ball.

Williamson - 6. Ropey at times but comfortable by the end.

Coloccini - 7. Generally no problems.

Santon - 6. Okay. Needs to be on the right. Painfully obvious now.

Obertan - 7. Thought he had a good game, maybe his best. Took the pressure off and actually ran with the ball. Could've done better in the final third.

Guthrie - 8. Never stopped. Some nice passes and lots of fight.

Perch - 7. Ticked things over nicely. Improved in the second half.

Jonas - 6. Improved as it went on but wasteful and sloppy at times.

Ba - 7. Thought he looked rusty, but took his goal extremely well.

Cisse - 7. Ditto. He's going to be good. Wonderful goal.

Nicely summed up.

Well yeah, there was that. :lol:

But I mean even with Heskey they were dangerous at the end. They have some very good players, the likes of Petrov and Bannan barely misplaced a pass all afternoon. It was like they lost massive confidence with the change and we gained it. Cheers Alex. :laugh: