Tottenham Hotspur Vs Newcastle United- 11/02/12 @ 5:30pm (ESPN) Pre-match thread

Fenham Mag

the spoons outside liverpool street station is nice. be full of spurs fans though, be fine for a quiet one

It'll be rammed. Go to The Magpie on New Street or Woodin's Shades on the corner of Bishopsgate and Middlesex St. The White Hart on the corner of Bishopsgate and Liverpool Street is also decent, can't remember if it's open on Saturday.

If you want to venture further east, there are a few boozers on Commercial Rd (Commercial Tavern, Golden Heart, Ten Bells) but at weekends they are the domain of skinny jeans and hipster glasses.

Leffe- an impressive feat for one night out- was the bar in Chalk Farm the Hill?

Bartok I think. Was a long time ago though, and at that point I was floating...

How will Spurs line-up.

Friedel

Walker King/Kaboul Dawson Assou-Ekotto

Lennon Parker Modric Bale

Adebayor Defoe.

Would be very content with a draw. Delighted probably. Can see us scoring but can't see a clean-sheet.

Actually, I think he might save Lennon and Defoe, just in case. We might see:

Friedel

Walker King Dawson BAE

Kranjcar Parker Modric Bale

Saha Adebayor

I think it is unlikely he will start with Parker and Livermore, as we're at home.

How will Spurs line-up.

Friedel

Adebayor Defoe.

Would be very content with a draw. Delighted probably. Can see us scoring but can't see a clean-sheet.

Friedel

Walker King Dawson BAE

Saha Adebayor

I think it is unlikely he will start with Parker and Livermore, as we're at home.

I'd be delighted with that line up tbf. Should reduce the tonking you'll give us to 3 - 1.

How will Spurs line-up.

Friedel

Adebayor Defoe.

Friedel

Walker King Dawson BAE

Saha Adebayor

That line up, or any other likely one is indicative of a very good squad indeed.

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg616/scaled.php?tn=0&server=616&filename=5ghit.png&xsize=640&ysize=640

actually astonished they've included us and not put arsenal or liverpool in there.

I'd imagine it is to favour the stats to one team or another, take us out and put Arsenal in and United are 2 points behind City instead of 5, Spurs will also be on 5 points instead of 2

anyone know where I can watch it on tv, I'm currently in Palo Alto, CA ...

Are you looking just to watch or watch with Toon fans? The game is on Fox Soccer Channel in the middle of the day so should be easy to find a place that has it. Can't help with any specific spots.

timeEd32, thanks ... either, at least to watch it ... middle of the day, so not live then ?  Fox Soccer - let me check if thats on my hotel room tv ... thanks again

9:30 am Pacific isn't it?

I know some people go to the Britannia Arms in San Jose. Have no idea about Palo Alto though, sorry.

timeEd32, thanks ... either, at least to watch it ... middle of the day, so not live then ?  Fox Soccer - let me check if thats on my hotel room tv ... thanks again

Sorry, I totally ignored the fact that you're on the other coast. Middle of the day EST, so 9:30 a.m. for you. Makes it a little trickier since most places won't be open unless it's a bar that opens specifically for PL. I don't think I've ever seen that channel in a hotel room, but you could ask about the hotel bar.

The time of games out there is reason #1 why I couldn't live in Cali.

the spoons outside liverpool street station is nice. be full of spurs fans though, be fine for a quiet one

It'll be rammed. Go to The Magpie on New Street or Woodin's Shades on the corner of Bishopsgate and Middlesex St. The White Hart on the corner of Bishopsgate and Liverpool Street is also decent, can't remember if it's open on Saturday.

sorry i meant quiet as in not with all the toon fans. should be ok round 12 shouldn't it? i'm working right by there atm the prices aren't bad, any of those ^ comparable? few places iv been to round here are >£4 for a pint :scared:

We're wondering where to drink before the match as well like, haven't made our mind up yet.  Our original plan was around Victoria because we work around there so we know it, and it's easy for us both to get there and then to Seven Sisters but I dunno.  Not that cheap around Victoria either.

bit of a trek from 7 sisters which is why il be getting the overline to WHL. want to watch the man utd match somewhere, the sports bar at victoria station had occured to me, i was in there before brighton, not ideal for lpool st though.

Tube from Victoria to Tottemham Hale and then overland from Tottenham hale to Northumberland park and then walk along park Lane to the away end.

or just 20 minute train from liverpool st to near the pub

Aye, but they're meeting and drinking in Victoria.

4-2 spurs win

sheringham hat trick wasn't it. that was the last time i was at WHL.

Me anarl, we had plastic bags as FA Carling premiership Emergency Rainwear on the seats.

I flew down having won a competition on Club Call and sold my match ticket and train ticket to one of my mates.