Tottenham 5 - 0 Newcastle United - 11/02/12 - post-bumrape discussion from p43

Dave

pardew should've changed the system after the 2nd goal and brought on another midfielder and shifted cisse out wide. was obvious he got it badly wrong yet didnt try to remedy it and so we ended up conceding another 2 goals instead. cowardly and/or stupid.

no movement from the two central midfielders .

they are not providing any options when we go forward and were poor at providing cover infront of the our defence,  shame really, as they both did very well vs Villa.

wasnt expecting anything today, a point was the most i thought we would get but i told a few of the lads that if we play a high line, spurs will take us apart.  Most of us would have predicted that aswell.

not going to have a go at pardew, he was bold and brave and wanted to have a go like he said before the match, it didnt work,  maybe time to consolidate, play deeper and just get a grip of the ball,  obertan again poor today,  santon positioning has been poor again.  Ba has also been very cheap with the ball. 

would like us to add someone with some energy in midfield for the second half .

I think it's clear that our starting midfield is too poor for us to have gone 4-4-2 against a team like Spurs. That said people on here would have gone mental had Cisse been dropped for us to play 4-5-1.

To me, it's obvious Colo has seriously lost trust in the defence so he's getting dragged out to cover for full-back areas every time. Happened against N'Zogbia, happened about seventeen times that ha

That aside, Guthrie has been atrocious. West Brom (a) all over again. Can't wait for Tiote and Cabaye to get ba

I think that's where Saylor better than Williamson, when Colo is dragged out, Saylor can defend on his own, but Willi can't

I'd agree with that. Williamson probably needs his hand held a bit more than Saylor.