Newcastle United vs Wolves - 25/2/12 @ 3pm

Skirge

Looks like it'll be very close to a sellout according to the website. They've start selling the away seats that Wolves didn't take and only single seats remain around the rest of the stadium.

I went up to get an extra ticket for my brother today because he's just found out he can get back up here for the match. I sit in the Gallowgate so I tried to get him in there but was told it's sold out, same for the East Stand and Milburn Paddocks. Managed to get him a seat in the NE Corner in the end and the bloke in the ticket office said there were only 350 tickets remaining and that nearly all of them were up in Level 7 in areas that Wolves were entitled to but didn't take up. Means there'll be over 50,000 home fans inside the stadium.

What a terrible two weeks Wolves have had. They can dress it up all they like, but ultimately everyone knows that no one wanted the job. They have got rid of an experienced manager who, in my opinion, is more than half decent for a struggling premier league club and appointed someone with no managerial experience.

It's also pretty likely that, having worked under McCarthy for the last 5 years, Terry Connor will have picked up a lot of 'McCarthy-isms'. I doubt he is going to  try to stamp his authority on the squad with 13 games to go so in all likelihood it will still be McCarthy style management, just without Mick himself there.

I suppose if we are looking for a moral in this tale it is the grass isn't always greener!

Strange carry on. Apart from anything else Connor is probably good mates with McCarthy and presumably not too pleased with how he's been treated.

Good from our point of view though - pretty much totally negates the "new manager effect"

Stupid stupid Wolves. If I was a Wolves fan I'd have lost it by now. At least Mick has proven he can handle the pressure and has been involved in these situations before. I also think he's a really decent guy. Shame they'll be going into the championship because they've actually got some decent players.