West Brom vs Newcastle United - 25/03/12 at 4pm (on SkySports)

Beren

Hi Toon fans, well you have had a pretty good season.

I see from your posts that you are not too optimistic, to be honest it could go either way, you are due a win, we should be back to near full strength after resting a few for the Wigan game, your favourite defender Jonas Olsson will be back from suspension as well, so no excuses from our end!

I expect a good game of football for the TV, obviously I hope we win but it could go either way, you don't get to be top six or seven by playing badly,  so hope you enjoy the game, but not too much!

Well done for this season.

That is debatable.

Really hope Tiote comes back for this one. Perch was excellent today, but we set up to play very defensively against a side with one top and were at home. Away match at a side who will attack us is a very different proposition mind. Santon and Tiote in for Guthrie and Perch for me (tough on Perch I know, would keep him in one of the full back positions myself, but that will never happen).

I take it you are not happy with the way you are playing.

Is Ba still playing well or has he gone off the boil, was great earlier in the season, kept you in the game?

We've had a cracking season don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't say we have been the prettiest to watch on many occasions. Oddly enough one of our standout halves football wise came in the 5-2 defeat away at Fulham. We were 1-0 at half-time and everyone most assumed we would go on and win comfortably. 20 minutes later we were all looking at each other in a state of shock!

Demba has been excellent. Started off slowly during ramadan, but got a hat-trick against Blackburn and has never looked back. Hasn't scored for 5 games now, however, this isn't particularly worrying. He is a real grafter and the type of striker who is able to fashion out chances for himself out of nothing. Think once he gets one he will go on a nice little run and hopefully finish the season with 20+ to his name.

Was impressed by Long and Odemwingie when you played up at our place. Electric pace on the break. Am I right in thinking they haven't both been permanent features for various reasons since new year?

I wouldn't be surprised if Shola starts this.

I think we could do with a 451 though we don't have the players to do it. Cabaye and Tiote in the middle, HBA and Jonas on the sides, a proper runner in between behind the 1 striker, running the game, dropping back into midfield and bringing the play forward in their half, and a striker up top. Thing is neither Cisse nor Ba can play up top on their own as it'd be a waste so that leaves Shola (no thanks) and the only realistic player in between the midfield and striker is HBA, but I'd want him on the right over Obertan or Raylor.

Team picks itself again for me, then. 442 and attack them. Doubt it though.

Krul

Santon        Willo                  Colo        Jonas

Ben Arfa          Tiote        Cabaye

Perch

Cisse            Ba

I like this 11 but not quite that system!

Ben Arfa, Ba and Cisse as a three with Perch and Tiote holding and Cabaye playing further forward. Santon and Jonas bombing forward from full back with the added protection of Perch and Tiote.

while your at it...might as well give perch the no. 10 jersey and give him a free role :icon_king:

Im normally not one for proposing "creative" line-ups, but considering how the last game went and the Fulham game, I´d replace Williamson with Perch to cope better with the pace of WBA. They don´t really pose any threats in the air other than Olsson on set-pieces as far as I am aware of.

Krul

Simpson-Perch-Colo-Santon

HBA-Tiote-Cabaye-Jonas

Cisse-Ba

We have changed quite a lot during the season, we now defend set pieces a lot better and pose quite a threat from them ourselves, I think we are near the top for the division for scoring from set pieces.

Assuming that Odemwingie is fit, he will play wide right, with Thomas wide left, both quite pacy, Fortuné has been excellent for the last few games, holding up the ball for the midfield to join.

Andrews from Blackburn has beefed up the midfield, Morrison and Mulumbu will probably make up the midfield.

Olsson and Mcauley (free from Ipswich) have become a very decent centre back pairing, Jones and Ridgewell the full backs.

Foster is having a very good season in goal.

If we play to our best, we should win, big IF though.

That´s mostly from direct freekicks though, or am I mistaken?

Last game you killed us with pace and direct play. We should have a deeper line and faster defenders to avoid same mistakes this time, which is why I´d prefer Perch at CB. Williamson needs a fortnight just to do a 180 in a light sprint, milk turns faster etc etc.

Hi Toon fans, well you have had a pretty good season.

I see from your posts that you are not too optimistic, to be honest it could go either way, you are due a win, we should be back to near full strength after resting a few for the Wigan game, your favourite defender Jonas Olsson will be back from suspension as well, so no excuses from our end!

I expect a good game of football for the TV, obviously I hope we win but it could go either way, you don't get to be top six or seven by playing badly,  so hope you enjoy the game, but not too much!

Well done for this season.

That is debatable.

Really hope Tiote comes back for this one. Perch was excellent today, but we set up to play very defensively against a side with one top and were at home. Away match at a side who will attack us is a very different proposition mind. Santon and Tiote in for Guthrie and Perch for me (tough on Perch I know, would keep him in one of the full back positions myself, but that will never happen).

I take it you are not happy with the way you are playing.

Is Ba still playing well or has he gone off the boil, was great earlier in the season, kept you in the game?

We've had a cracking season don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't say we have been the prettiest to watch on many occasions. Oddly enough one of our standout halves football wise came in the 5-2 defeat away at Fulham. We were 1-0 at half-time and everyone most assumed we would go on and win comfortably. 20 minutes later we were all looking at each other in a state of shock!

Demba has been excellent. Started off slowly during ramadan, but got a hat-trick against Blackburn and has never looked back. Hasn't scored for 5 games now, however, this isn't particularly worrying. He is a real grafter and the type of striker who is able to fashion out chances for himself out of nothing. Think once he gets one he will go on a nice little run and hopefully finish the season with 20+ to his name.

Was impressed by Long and Odemwingie when you played up at our place. Electric pace on the break. Am I right in thinking they haven't both been permanent features for various reasons since new year?

Both had injuries at times, Odemwingie had an in out season, revelations for us so far have been Fortuné up front the last few games, Andrews, free from Blackburn, box to box midfielder, and Mcauley, free from Ipswich who has been superb, probably one of the 'buys' of the season, first Premeirship season at 31.

Ba got two goals against us earlier in the season from virtually nothing, great signing.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I always thought Andrews was pretty pap but he's impressed me for you. Seems to be a good grafter, gets forward intelligently and has a decent shot on him.

Im normally not one for proposing "creative" line-ups, but considering how the last game went and the Fulham game, I´d replace Williamson with Perch to cope better with the pace of WBA. They don´t really pose any threats in the air other than Olsson on set-pieces as far as I am aware of.

Krul

Simpson-Perch-Colo-Santon

HBA-Tiote-Cabaye-Jonas

Cisse-Ba

We have changed quite a lot during the season, we now defend set pieces a lot better and pose quite a threat from them ourselves, I think we are near the top for the division for scoring from set pieces.

Assuming that Odemwingie is fit, he will play wide right, with Thomas wide left, both quite pacy, Fortuné has been excellent for the last few games, holding up the ball for the midfield to join.

Andrews from Blackburn has beefed up the midfield, Morrison and Mulumbu will probably make up the midfield.

Olsson and Mcauley (free from Ipswich) have become a very decent centre back pairing, Jones and Ridgewell the full backs.

Foster is having a very good season in goal.

If we play to our best, we should win, big IF though.

That´s mostly from direct freekicks though, or am I mistaken?

Last game you killed us with pace and direct play. We should have a deeper line and faster defenders to avoid same mistakes this time, which is why I´d prefer Perch at CB. Williamson needs a fortnight just to do a 180 in a light sprint, milk turns faster etc etc.

No corners as well (we have struggled both ends at set pieces for years), scored v Wigan from a corner.

I expect us to set up 4-5-1, if we can press you back and get the midfield to support Fortuné, we will have a good chance of a win, if you close us down, we will start to look quite poor.

I always thought Andrews was pretty pap but he's impressed me for you. Seems to be a good grafter, gets forward intelligently and has a decent shot on him.

Playing for a contract I suspect.

:lol: everyone who is advocating Perch over Williamson for this game is forgetting Perch was murdered by Long and Odemwingie back in December at SJP, then?

Damn, must have mixed it up with the Fulham game. Was adamant that it was Williamson who got raped that game :lol:

Oh well, Williamson or Perch, either way we´re fucked if we play like today or last time we met WBA.

f*** sake. Another non-Saturday match. :scared: :okay:

Haven't got one til the 14th April, Chelsea.

West Brom - Sunday 25th March , Liverpool - Sunday 1st April, Swansea - Friday 6th April, Bolton - Monday 9th April  :lol:

Edit- Chelsea will be moved now they're in the semi's. Stoke at home on the 21st April is our next Saturday game. Mental.

http://omgface.com/verysad/Will%20Smith%20wtf1.jpg

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/16553250.jpg