West Brom vs Newcastle United - 25/03/12 at 4pm (on SkySports)

Beren

Krul

Simpson    Williamson  Colo    Santon

Tiote            Perch

Cabaye

HBA                                  Ba

Cisse

:thup:

Should try it. But wont happen.

I like that.

Krul

Simpson    Williamson    Coloccini    Taylor

Tiote        Cabaye     

HBA                      Obertan                  Jonas

Ba

1-0 to us

Krul

Simpson    Williamson    Coloccini    Taylor

Tiote        Cabaye     

HBA                      Obertan                  Jonas

Ba

1-0 to us

Holy shit, no Cisse, and Obertan starts.

:pokerface:

Guest BooBoo

Considering they caused us more than a few problems at SJP, I would brace yourselves for a Pards reshuffle.

Tiote in for HBA, Guthrie out on the right. :lol:

Should see a rare outing for the orange shirt.

aye, the unlucky orange shirt worn only once away at Blackburn in the cup co-incIding with our 1st defeat of the season.

Tbf, it was a  draw after 90 minutes :pow:

(A loss is a loss though :okay:)

Considering they caused us more than a few problems at SJP, I would brace yourselves for a Pards reshuffle.

Tiote in for HBA, Guthrie out on the right. :lol:

That sounds like a fucking mint dance move

I quite like the 'Pards 360 feat. folded arms' when we miss a chance, and also the Bruce Forsyth pose he did after (I think) Ba's first goal against Man U.

Would be great to get our shit together and win this one, points wise massive, but think well offer very little throughout the game while WBA will take their chances and punish us for sitting back too much.

The way it's looking atm (getting headaches just looking at the 'Battle for Europe' thread :lol: ), I think we just have to get as many points on the board and try to finish as high as we can, rather than thinking about the FA Cup etc.

Three points here would be massive, and we're due a win again this lot (no wins in our last 6). Really can't see it happening on current form though.

Having read some of your posts it seems you hope that we will come out and attack you so you can counter and break with Cisse and Ba.

Our recent improved home form has been with us pressing further up the pitch in a 4-5-1 or 4-3-3, denying the opposition time and space, worked a treat v Sunderland (4-0), seems that may play right into your hands.

Earlier games where we lost quite a few, we were playing a more defensive 4-4-2, so to be honest, I'm not sure which way we will go, as the home team, the emphasis is on us to attack, so I suspect you may well get some joy at the Hawthorns, much as I hope you don't!

Would be great to get our shit together and win this one, points wise massive, but think well offer very little throughout the game while WBA will take their chances and punish us for sitting back too much.

that not the right tactics for us here?  we clearly can't play football for shit, do they have enough to open us up without getting in behind?

Like Krul said, we've got 9 cup finals coming up, looking at the table winning this one would be massive, i don't think it'll be impossible to beat Liverpool at St.James's too, do both and that's one solid foot in Europe.

Far from winning against Liverpool I'll be surprised if we don't get beaten comfortably. Liverpool will absolutely dominate possession and while we can get away with giving the ball to poor teams, the likes of Liverpool and Chelsea will murder us IMO. Our best bet is winning the games against lesser teams like Swansea and Bolton.

From one of their forums it looks likely they will play five across the middle like:

Foster

Tamas            McAuley      Olsson            Ridgewell

Mulumbu      Morrison    Andrews

Odemwingie                                                    Thomas

Fortune

It doesn't look too bad a team if they play to their strengths (fastwingers and forward play).

I would also go for a team that has counter attacking strength but can cover our wings so therefore no two strikers:

---------------------------Krul-----------------------------

Simpson-----Willo---------Collo------------Santon

Guthrie----Tiote-----Cabaye

Ben arfa-----------------------------------Jonas

----------------------Ba---------------------------

Having read some of your posts it seems you hope that we will come out and attack you so you can counter and break with Cisse and Ba.

Our recent improved home form has been with us pressing further up the pitch in a 4-5-1 or 4-3-3, denying the opposition time and space, worked a treat v Sunderland (4-0), seems that may play right into your hands.

Earlier games where we lost quite a few, we were playing a more defensive 4-4-2, so to be honest, I'm not sure which way we will go, as the home team, the emphasis is on us to attack, so I suspect you may well get some joy at the Hawthorns, much as I hope you don't!

It will play into your hands more, the harder we're pressed the more we launch it long in hope. So you've won the possesion battle already.

I'll be surprised if we can come out of this one with 3 points, our performances of late have been absolutely abysmal and with the pace of Long and Odemwingie up front I can see West Brom putting us on the back foot from the start. When we play a high line we always end up being exposed for pace and when we sit back we just invite pressure and try to ride our luck before going on the counter. Hodgson knows this and he'll be tactically prepared to make sure his team aren't exposed.

The formation and team Venkman put down earlier I agree with 100%. If I'm honest though I think Pards will end up dropping HBA in place of Jonas to try to make us that bit more defensively secure.