West Brom vs Newcastle United - 25/03/12 at 4pm (on SkySports)

Beren

Newcastle fans surely one day deserve to see their club win something? I can remember them winning the old inter cities fairs cup, was it 69? but nothing since then.

We are all passionate about our club but the numbers that turn out up there are mind blowing. I wish them all the best but not against us in fact I hope they get thrashed, after all I can't be too humble can I?

Disagree mate, they dont DESERVE anything anymore than any other clubs fans. Also the fact that apart from Newcastlke United, theres nothing else to do up there with closest rivals located miles away, nothing like thye competition between clubs for fans that there is in the midlands

Having browsed their forums the last few times we've played them, I can safely say they're the most fickle and disrespectful set of fans I've seen. The amount of bile they speak about their own players is staggering, it's not just the usual slagging off like you might see here when a player's not performing well, it's real foul-mouthed hatred. none of it particularly rational either. I think Demba Ba is the only member of their first team that I haven't seen it directed towards. They turned on Pardew extremely quickly to when they didn't win a few games around th time they played us, despite them being about 5th in the table. Not the nicest group.

Context? Baggies fans?

Aye, taken from a West Brom forum.

I've always found you guys to be sound chaps! Like most football forums, some good opinions, some not so good!

Newcastle and Albion are all square in their head-to-head record with each side having 40 wins each with 31 draws, something has to give!

Would be great to get our shit together and win this one, points wise massive, but think well offer very little throughout the game while WBA will take their chances and punish us for sitting back too much.

that not the right tactics for us here?  we clearly can't play football for shit, do they have enough to open us up without getting in behind?

I've not watched WBA to comment enough, but seen enough of Williamson to know sitting back is suicidal.

This has just become game of the season for us, which we will bottle. 

Absolute must win Kenny cunt is trying his hardest to secure 6th for us and we'll no doubt play a high line with Obertan starting and HBA on the bench with nice mindless hoofs from Williamson and Simpson. WBA will then hit us with pace and we'll get hammered. Got no confidence in Pardew's management of the style of play of the team he seems to have lost all bottle to take a game to a team since we were hit on the counter against Chelsea almost 4 months ago.

Absolute must win Kenny c*** is trying his hardest to secure 6th for us and we'll no doubt play a high line with Obertan starting and HBA on the bench with nice mindless hoofs from Williamson and Simpson. WBA will then hit us with pace and we'll get hammered. Got no confidence in Pardew's management of the style of play of the team he seems to have lost all bottle to take a game to a team since we were hit on the counter against Chelsea almost 4 months ago.

This. That game changed his approach drastically.