Newcastle United v Liverpool - Sunday 1st April 2012 1:30pm (Live on Sky Sports)

Sima

Santon LB, Jonas in the middle. Guthrie has been anonymous lately and isn't mobile enough. Jonas can protect the LB posiiton from there, as well as the CB's as well as getting forward. He's just that good!

Agreed, Tiote can help with that job too i have no problems starting Santon, especially considering who he will be up against.......

I seriously am pupmed up for this game. Us being where we are and with the comments of some of this weekend's opposiyion players saying we would never be where we are, it just gets me going.

Really hope a sold out SJP will be noisy and intimidating. Would be a shame if we aren't going to make the most of the sold out crowd. The atmosphere of the Man Utd game on that cold wintery January night should be replicated. And stuffing these lot would just be as sweet!

Guthrie really has not been anonymous recently. He's one of the only ones who look for the ball. Was one of the few who did ok vs Norwich and was good against West Brom.

I wish the Guardian hadn't scrapped chalkboards, because now I have nothing to back that up :lol:

Guthrie really has not been anonymous recently. He's one of the only ones who look for the ball. Was one of the few who did ok vs Norwich and was good against West Brom.

I wish the Guardian hadn't scrapped chalkboards, because now I have nothing to back that up :lol:

He was average at WBA in comparison to others and didn't have to do much to stick out against Norwich. Not that I'm calling him bad at all. Just much rather have a tireless Jonas in there.

I personally hope Pardew sets the team mindset to make the opposition worry about us rather than us being worried of them. Its been a long time since these lot came to us and we look to have the upper hand.  A draw would be a good results but the mindset must be to go for the win

Santon LB, Jonas in the middle. Guthrie has been anonymous lately and isn't mobile enough. Jonas can protect the LB posiiton from there, as well as the CB's as well as getting forward. He's just that good!

I'd go with this too. Attacking-wise though, Guthrie hasn't been too bad recently (though not as good as he was in January/February) but like you've said he isn't mobile enough. With Colo out, we need all the mobility/protection to the defence we can get and Jonas fits the bill. With him and Tiote in DM, we should have enough tools to cope......

Can't see it being anything other than

Krul

Simpson Williamson Perch Raylor

Tiote Jonas

Cabaye

HBA.                Ba

Cisse

This with either Santon at LB but that 6 ahead of defense is perfect

My memory is shot to s*** but i can remember one of our fullbacks getting bummed at anfield, was it raylor? Or simpson. God knows. I've forgot where i was going with that anyway.

It was Raylor he got raped by Downing of all people :lol:

Aye that was it, knew there was something swimming round the bag of my noggin. All the more reason to have a right go at them. If they haven't got the ball they can't hurt us.