Newcastle United v Liverpool - Sunday 1st April 2012 1:30pm (Live on Sky Sports)

Sima

Not confident about this one at all, everything is just too perfectly set up for us.

We're coming off a fantastic, for the first half at least, performance at West Brom, and they're coming off an embarrasing home defeat against Wigan, we're 8pts clear of them, and the chance to beat Kenny, Jose and Big Andy is in our grasp.

Hell, loads of people I've spoke to expect us to win on Sunday, it very much reminds me of the Chelsea game when we came into that having just drew at Old Trafford, and the confidence was unreal, many predicted us to win, and we got soundly beaten.

Liverpool arent shit, they've had some bad results, but overall, they have a decent side who can hurt any team in England, they've already beaten Man Utd, Chelsea and Man City this season, so this is nowhere near a given.

If we had Collocini i'd be a lot more confident, but I just can't see us being able to contain Suarez, Gerrard and even Carroll with his aerial ability.

Don't mean to be to negative, hell even a defeat keeps us 5pts ahead of this with some winnable games coming up so it's not a disaster, think we'll lose 1-3.

Best post in this thread.

We've had some right humpings off this lot and some on here are totally over confident of a result.

They've got a lot of players who'll cause us problems.

Guest Mantis

Hope the ref spots Gerrards first two footed tackle and shows him a red.  Then hopefully Cisse can pull out a wonderstrike.  Hope the lack of investment in a centre half isn't exposed in this one.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Suarez and Gerrard concern me and maybe Bellamy too. The rest we should be ok to handle especially Carroll and her big girl's blouse.

Not confident about this one at all, everything is just too perfectly set up for us.

We're coming off a fantastic, for the first half at least, performance at West Brom, and they're coming off an embarrasing home defeat against Wigan, we're 8pts clear of them, and the chance to beat Kenny, Jose and Big Andy is in our grasp.

Hell, loads of people I've spoke to expect us to win on Sunday, it very much reminds me of the Chelsea game when we came into that having just drew at Old Trafford, and the confidence was unreal, many predicted us to win, and we got soundly beaten.

Liverpool arent shit, they've had some bad results, but overall, they have a decent side who can hurt any team in England, they've already beaten Man Utd, Chelsea and Man City this season, so this is nowhere near a given.

If we had Collocini i'd be a lot more confident, but I just can't see us being able to contain Suarez, Gerrard and even Carroll with his aerial ability.

Don't mean to be to negative, hell even a defeat keeps us 5pts ahead of this with some winnable games coming up so it's not a disaster, think we'll lose 1-3.

We've had some right humpings off this lot and some on here are totally over confident of a result.

We've been shit against Liverpool away, but we've done ok at home (5 wins, 1 draw, 4 losses in the last 10).

Given the football that Liverpool are capable of, I'm baffled that they've lost so many games of late. Their chance conversion rate is very low, but that often seems as much a matter of bad luck as anything. And of course, they've won the Carling Cup and they're in the semis of the FA Cup. They can beat anyone on their day, and on paper they ought to beat us.

I can remember many years ago, not along after Dalglish took over at Blackburn, they bought a load of good players and swept to the top of what was then Division Two. Then they went on a strange run where they couldn't buy a win. Maybe there's a Dalglish factor - he doesn't deal well with pressure and can let things get on top of him maybe.

Suarez could well have williamson doing 300rpm on saturday. Worrying. We looked fantastic going forward last week though.

Why we need to make sure Williamson is on Carroll (if he plays), and Perch stick with Suarez.

God, that sounds awful.

Given the football that Liverpool are capable of, I'm baffled that they've lost so many games of late. Their chance conversion rate is very low, but that often seems as much a matter of bad luck as anything. And of course, they've won the Carling Cup and they're in the semis of the FA Cup. They can beat anyone on their day, and on paper they ought to beat us.

I can remember many years ago, not along after Dalglish took over at Blackburn, they bought a load of good players and swept to the top of what was then Division Two. Then they went on a strange run where they couldn't buy a win. Maybe there's a Dalglish factor - he doesn't deal well with pressure and can let things get on top of him maybe.

Blackburn ended up scraping up via the play offs in the end didn't they.

Liverpool have had a poor run while having one eye on the FA Cup and one on the carling Cup but are still very a dangerous side and when they've beaten us at home they've proper hammered us and due to our own inconsistency and recent (pre wba) poor form i'm not confident at all about us getting any sort of result.

I'm just going to enjoy it.  No pressure - a draw is a brilliant result in the context of 6th place and even if we were to lose (and the loss of Colo meanss the portents are not good) we'd still be 5pts clear of them.  Lets face it this season has been a big fantastic surprise

taking an American mate along for this.  She's been studying in Madrid for the past 3 months, so shes kind of been getting into football a bit, watching Real quite often.  Tried to explain the significance of this game and told her that I may go absolutely mental.  She thinks shes grasped it, but I don't think she has.

On da pull  :cheesy:

taking an American mate along for this.  She's been studying in Madrid for the past 3 months, so shes kind of been getting into football a bit, watching Real quite often.  Tried to explain the significance of this game and told her that I may go absolutely mental.  She thinks shes grasped it, but I don't think she has.

You are reet into your foreign birds Warren, French, Americans, me Jellusta.

I live with a French lass, wouldn't say I'm pulling her.  :lol:  Nee idea if I still even live with her tbh, not seen her for about a week.

been invited to go and stay with another yank lass in Charleston, SC in the Autumn too.

:megusta:

:undecided: No-one ever wants to come to Pennsylvania. South Carolina doesn't have anything PA doesn't have like. ish.

I live with a French lass, wouldn't say I'm pulling her.  :lol:  Nee idea if I still even live with her tbh, not seen her for about a week.

Seek help mate  :2funny: